Sam odds 2024

Started by seafoid, November 06, 2023, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2023, 01:23:47 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 14, 2023, 03:13:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2023, 02:37:52 PM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on November 14, 2023, 01:29:47 PMMonaghan & Derry weren't far away in their semis this year. They have to believe they can beat them next time.
There is a big difference between staying in contention to 65 mins and winning
True. But if its in the melting pot at that stage anything can happen. Lucky goal, a penalty, a red card etc
Most times the team with experience grinds out the win.
Unless Derry or Monaghan got Mayo...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

tbrick18

Quote from: Rossfan on November 16, 2023, 10:30:04 AMSo it's Monaghan to beat Derry in 2024 AI Final?
Would be great to have a Final without Kerry, Dublin, Tyrone or the crowd to the West of us.

Would be brilliant if that was the AI Final pairing.....with Derry winning though  ;D

Most people in Derry are realistic and most are happy that we can compete with the top teams again. No-one expects to win the AI, but its fantastic to at least be in the conversation with a chance.
We've one AI in our history, so success for me is being able to compete at the top end consistently and if we win Sam that would be the cherry on top. Would love my kids to get that experience and I think Derry as a county would get some lift if they did win it, but at the end of it all if we don't win it doesn't take away the enjoyment and the hope.
I feel Derry could have won last year, should have beat Kerry and would have given Dublin a tougher game in the final. But it was still a great year for us, and this year hopefully will be too.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 17, 2023, 03:28:20 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 16, 2023, 10:30:04 AMSo it's Monaghan to beat Derry in 2024 AI Final?
Would be great to have a Final without Kerry, Dublin, Tyrone or the crowd to the West of us.

Would be brilliant if that was the AI Final pairing.....with Derry winning though  ;D

Most people in Derry are realistic and most are happy that we can compete with the top teams again. No-one expects to win the AI, but its fantastic to at least be in the conversation with a chance.
We've one AI in our history, so success for me is being able to compete at the top end consistently and if we win Sam that would be the cherry on top. Would love my kids to get that experience and I think Derry as a county would get some lift if they did win it, but at the end of it all if we don't win it doesn't take away the enjoyment and the hope.
I feel Derry could have won last year, should have beat Kerry and would have given Dublin a tougher game in the final. But it was still a great year for us, and this year hopefully will be too.

Kerry was level 1-13 each with 73 minutes played in this years All-Ireland final i don't think Derry would have given much tougher than that.

tbrick18

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 17, 2023, 03:58:00 PM

Kerry was level 1-13 each with 73 minutes played in this years All-Ireland final i don't think Derry would have given much tougher than that.

That was with Clifford not firing.
It's all ifs and buts I know, but I think if Derry had been playing Dublin, we'd have put them under more pressure than Kerry did. Only an opinion and last season has been and gone. I'd be happy if we got a chance to test ourselves against Kerry/Dublin again at that stage of the championship.

Mario

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 17, 2023, 05:25:07 PM

It's all ifs and buts I know, but I think if Derry had been playing Dublin, we'd have put them under more pressure than Kerry did. Only an opinion and last season has been and gone. I'd be happy if we got a chance to test ourselves against Kerry/Dublin again at that stage of the championship.
We would have been without Mckinless and Mcgrogan for the final. Very little chance we would have beaten the Dubs without those two imo.

Armagh18

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 17, 2023, 05:25:07 PM

Not sure how much closer you can run them than that lol. Would like to see Derry play Dublin myself, think you's would definitely run them close as well.