Mayo v Dublin - AISF - Saturday 5pm

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 04, 2019, 10:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 06, 2019, 02:04:28 PM
Ruane will be brought in to mark Fenton I'd imagine, he has the engine for him and can give him his fill going forward too
Word is that Diarmuid won't be back, him and Doc are huge losses

It's hard to see how we could possibly win this with the way we've played this year

Where did you hear that? Diarmuid is almost certain to be back

You could have said that in 2016 and 2017 as well
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

guy crouchback

word on the street is that D O Connor suffered a muscle injury and will be out for the foreseeable. unrelated to the wrist injury

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: guy crouchback on August 06, 2019, 02:51:46 PM
word on the street is that D O Connor suffered a muscle injury and will be out for the foreseeable. unrelated to the wrist injury

that rumour was almost certainly BS
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Blowitupref

50 euro for stand tickets and 35 for the Hill or the Nally. A 5 euro increase on last year and its looking like a sell out.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

No online tickets left!!
Maybe it's time for a Super 4s ;D

PS 6 Co folk, that's a joke by the way.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

macdanger2

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 06, 2019, 04:22:42 PM
50 euro for stand tickets and 35 for the Hill or the Nally. A 5 euro increase on last year and its looking like a sell out.

Yeah, E50 is getting a bit steep. the increase from 40 to 45 is only a couple of years ago

imtommygunn

Quote from: Rossfan on August 06, 2019, 04:28:08 PM
No online tickets left!!
Maybe it's time for a Super 4s ;D

PS 6 Co folk, that's a joke by the way.

It's the way you tell 'em.

highorlow

QuoteI think Mayo should be given a trophy if they win this.

The prize on offer is stopping the 5 in a row.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

MayoBuck

Queuing in super valu for over 2 hours and could only get 1 hill ticket in the end  :(

Cunny Funt

I see Peter Canavan who was one of the few pundits that got the Mayo v Donegal game spot on has now tipped Dublin to win this game by a bit to spare. Only recent championship game that Dublin beat Mayo by a bit to spare was the semi final replay 4 years ago.

macdanger2

James Durcan getting a minute or two at the end was a strange one, I didn't even realise he was still part of the squad

AMayoFan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 06, 2019, 09:28:17 PM
I see Peter Canavan who was one of the few pundits that got the Mayo v Donegal game spot on has now tipped Dublin to win this game by a bit to spare. Only recent championship game that Dublin beat Mayo by a bit to spare was the semi final replay 4 years ago.

ah sure he can't be right all of the time !   ;D

WhoDat

will the ruane lad go on fenton? can't see either of the o'sheas having the gas for him

Hound

Quote from: WhoDat on August 07, 2019, 12:21:36 AM
will the ruane lad go on fenton? can't see either of the o'sheas having the gas for him
Plenty of options for Fenton:

Ruane - young, back fit, energetic, can potentially match Fenton in many areas

Coen - just to man-mark. Stick like glue, annoy, annoy, annoy, and ignore the ball when Mayo have it

Keegan - man-mark, but also have Fenton have to track him when Keegan makes runs forward

AOS - (underrated defender) primarily man-mark, get big hits in on Fenton, but also be available for Mayo kickouts and contest Dublin kickouts, and don't waste energy crossing opposition 65

Seamie looks in great shape. Less bulky but more athletic. I think perhaps a good few of the Mayo lads are less bulky than in the past. Still, if I was Mayo I'd bench him if McCarthy starts midfield, but play him if Macauley starts.

TheGreatest

Quote from: highorlow on August 06, 2019, 05:05:03 PM
QuoteI think Mayo should be given a trophy if they win this.

The prize on offer is stopping the 5 in a row.

That is true, however i think the biggest prize is a place in the final and another shot of ending the famine.