Tyrone v Kerry - All-Ireland Semi-Final, Sunday 11th August 3.30pm

Started by RedHand88, August 04, 2019, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

trileacman

Quote from: hardstation on August 07, 2019, 05:25:04 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 07, 2019, 05:22:48 PM
The standard of sky's coverage is also far better
It would want to be, the fcukin price of it.

No-one with more than half a brain should be paying full price for sky. Get onto the android boxes thread pronto.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Whishtup

Had my hair cut by an oul lad in Kenmare today who played against Tyrone in Dungannon in the early '50s.  Hope for a good game on Sunday and may the best team win was the sentiment. 

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Whishtup on August 07, 2019, 06:58:07 PM
Had my hair cut by an oul lad in Kenmare today who played against Tyrone in Dungannon in the early '50s.  Hope for a good game on Sunday and may the best team win was the sentiment.

Might be off by a decade there.  Pete Hanley played a handful of league games in goal for Kerry in 1966/1967.  Maybe a challenge game in Dungannon?  Or a load of yerra for the Tyronie in town?

Whishtup

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 07, 2019, 07:13:00 PM

Might be off by a decade there.  Pete Hanley played a handful of league games in goal for Kerry in 1966/1967.  Maybe a challenge game in Dungannon?  Or a load of yerra for the Tyronie in town?

That's the one-yerra a possibility. Nice oul skin all the same.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Whishtup on August 07, 2019, 07:15:41 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 07, 2019, 07:13:00 PM

That's the one-yerra a possibility. Nice oul skin all the same.

Must be a fair age now...52 years after playing league football puts him well into his 70's.  But 70 is the new 50 I suppose.

Main Street

Quote from: Angelo on August 07, 2019, 05:10:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 07, 2019, 04:45:39 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 07, 2019, 08:21:15 AM
I personally wish there was no deal done with Sky but how many games would RTE realistically show if no deal had been done with Sky??
Wrong question, it's not about RTE or what they would or would not show, Sky took over the TV3 package.

Had TV3 not already ended their coverage prior to Sky?
No, TV3 put in a bid for the package, which Sky just about equalled.

Main Street

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 07, 2019, 05:22:48 PM
The standard of sky's coverage is also far better
Sky copied TV3's format. Did you not happen the notice the same commentators, pundits and presentation?

TV3 could have progressed just as TG4 has progressed with their whole presentation

giveballaghback

Its not about the bulls... before and after games its about seeing the games themselves, the only reason I turn on before throw in is for team line ups and I always turn off after, I dont need those gobshites to tell me what I just saw, if there was a very controversial incident in a game i might hang on and have another look.
I live in a rural area and have many neighbours who dont have sky or never will, a lot of these elderly as well, these people have been gaa people all their lives and for an amateur organisation to deny their very own supporters is beyond comprehension.

Jayop

Maybe you should have a look after the game on sky then because you're obviously only used to the old bullshit server by brolly and Co on RTÉ for the last god knows how long. Insightful analysis. Point out tactical situations that you simply can't see on TV yourself. The coverage apart from dick clerking is fantastic.

omaghjoe

Anyone wanna talk about football on here?

Hoganstand thread is actually better this time around lads

t_mac

If Tyrone keep Kerry to within a score or two by halftime there is no reason they can't go on and win. Tyrone's work rate has been phenomenal and bar the Donegal game their decision making also, be interesting though to see how MH's strategy of giving the whole team a break pans out.  Kerry's forwards will be suffocated from the outset and need to show patience in their build up play, can't see many goals in this one.

tonto1888

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 08, 2019, 05:20:13 AM
Anyone wanna talk about football on here?

Hoganstand thread is actually better this time around lads

I can only see Tyrone winning this. Kerry too wide open at the back and no amount of marquee forwards will make up for that

Main Street

Quote from: Jayop on August 08, 2019, 03:34:33 AM
Maybe you should have a look after the game on sky then because you're obviously only used to the old bullshit server by brolly and Co on RTÉ for the last god knows how long. Insightful analysis. Point out tactical situations that you simply can't see on TV yourself. The coverage apart from dick clerking is fantastic.
There's not much difference between sky and what tv3 were doing. And when given the choice,  99% of GAA viewers will choose FTA coverage over Sky, regardless of how some people get into a frenzy of delight over Senan's reports from the sideline. Just observe the viewing figures when coverage is shared, Sky tv land has even more tumbleweed blowing for those games. Most viewers with a sky sub still choose to watch  rte coverage.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Main Street on August 08, 2019, 09:36:42 AM
Quote from: Jayop on August 08, 2019, 03:34:33 AM
There's not much difference between sky and what tv3 were doing. And when given the choice,  99% of GAA viewers will choose FTA coverage over Sky, regardless of how some people get into a frenzy of delight over Senan's reports from the sideline. Just observe the viewing figures when coverage is shared, Sky tv land has even more tumbleweed blowing for those games. Most viewers with a sky sub still choose to watch  rte coverage.

I dont believe that for a second
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either