AISF Mayo v Dublin

Started by Mayo4Sam14, August 09, 2015, 01:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo v Dublin Replay

Mayo
Dublin

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 26, 2015, 01:12:16 PM
There is more to Dublin than just Cluxtons kick outs and stopping this is not assured of victory. 

I would be more worried about if the Dublin forwards click, and attacks by wing backs McCaffrey and McCarthy, how to limit Connolly, match Flynn's drive, keep Brogans score down etc.

What happens if O Shea is swallow up every time he as the ball, do you think O Connor  will step up being marked by Cooper. Not so sure.

I know and that's why Dublin will win
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayo4Sam14

Cillian has been terrible all year

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 26, 2015, 01:41:45 PM

One bad game doesn't mean 'terrible all year'. For the record, I'm with Aristocrat. I have an awful feeling in my gut that the Dublin forwards will indeed click and give our backs a torrid time. Will the team be announced tonight?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

highorlow

QuoteI have an awful feeling in my gut that the Dublin forwards will indeed click and give our backs a torrid time.

I had the same feeling going into the Donegal game and look what we did to Murphy, McBrearty, MacNiallais, McHugh and McFadden.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 26, 2015, 02:07:17 PM

One bad game doesn't mean 'terrible all year'. For the record, I'm with Aristocrat. I have an awful feeling in my gut that the Dublin forwards will indeed click and give our backs a torrid time. Will the team be announced tonight?

He played terrible against Galway Sligo and Donegal

Tubberman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 26, 2015, 02:27:20 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 26, 2015, 02:07:17 PM

He played terrible against Galway Sligo and Donegal

He hasn't been of the same standard as the last couple of years so far, but has been far from terrible.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2015, 02:11:15 PM
QuoteI have an awful feeling in my gut that the Dublin forwards will indeed click and give our backs a torrid time.

I had the same feeling going into the Donegal game and look what we did to Murphy, McBrearty, MacNiallais, McHugh and McFadden.

Donegals forwards are far from the standard as Dublins tho and Dublins forwards will win this one

highorlow

QuoteDonegals forwards are far from the standard as Dublins tho and Dublins forwards will win this one

I don't buy that at all. If O'Gara were available I would be more worried.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: highorlow on August 26, 2015, 02:50:33 PM
QuoteDonegals forwards are far from the standard as Dublins tho and Dublins forwards will win this one

I sense that 2013 feeling coming on  ;)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

macdanger2

O'Gara is a big loss to Dublin alright, gives them a great option at FF

Mayo4Sam14

Nihilist

Quote from: muppet on August 25, 2015, 08:05:34 PM
Right Mayo lads, everyone get studying:

http://gaelicstats.com/blog/

Interesting stats.
I think that the last bit is the most interesting. It talks about teams within the same Division and how they perform home and away. Home teams win over 80% of the time.

JoG2

highorlow

QuotePredictions anyone?

We will do it by 4.

Hound

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 26, 2015, 03:36:37 PM

O'Gara is a big loss to Dublin alright, gives them a great option at FF
I'm personally delighted that O'Gara's not starting, although disappointed that he's injured and not available for use as a sub.
Bernard is more than capable of winning high ball and Paddy Andrews uses the ball far better.

Worried about our wing backs. McCaffrey's never played well against a Mayo/Donegal/Kerry in championship and McCarthy's been below par this year. McCaffrey has been in great form this year and you'd expect McCarthy to up it this week, but they'll both need to be on their games defensively.

Dean Rock is another worry. Can he compete for 50/50 balls? Will his freetaking hold up under the pressure of an AI semi-final? He's been absolutely great so far, but he's never had to worry about missing.

I really hope Macauley starts. I'd probably go with Fenton alongside him and leave Bastick for later.