Premier League 2017/18

Started by heganboy, July 19, 2017, 04:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 22, 2018, 10:05:00 PM
Shambles that Kane didnt get young player.

They should lower the age for that. 21 at the start of the season

gawa316

Quote from: Thastheball on April 22, 2018, 11:19:59 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on April 22, 2018, 11:10:48 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 22, 2018, 10:05:00 PM
Shambles that Kane didnt get young player.

They should lower the age for that. 21 at the start of the season

What age is Kane, 25. How can he been in the shout for young player of the year. Its some joke😂😂

I think he's 24 and the rule is if you're 23 at the start of the season.

laoislad

Would have been some joke if Kane won young player of the year.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

HiMucker

Agree.  But equally it's a joke he didn't win it if that's the rule.  If the criteria is anyone who is 23 at the start of the season is eligible, and it's best performing player from that group wins it, then Kane surely was a shoe in???.  They made a mockery of their own rules.  Definitely should be lowered to 21.

under the bar

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 16, 2018, 04:06:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 16, 2018, 01:34:44 PM
City 4/6 next season, Liverpool 5/1 and Utd at 6/1 Both Spurs and Chelsea are 12/1
What are the odds on Wenger out chants for next season?

Pretty long at this stage I reckon

Rittal

Quote from: HiMucker on April 23, 2018, 08:14:10 AM
Agree.  But equally it's a joke he didn't win it if that's the rule.  If the criteria is anyone who is 23 at the start of the season is eligible, and it's best performing player from that group wins it, then Kane surely was a shoe in???.  They made a mockery of their own rules.  Definitely should be lowered to 21.
I agree. Based on the rules, as ridiculous  as they are, Kane should probably have won it. 21 at the start of the season would be more appropriate age for young player of the year though.

GJL

Quote from: Rittal on April 23, 2018, 09:00:22 AM
I agree. Based on the rules, as ridiculous  as they are, Kane should probably have won it. 21 at the start of the season would be more appropriate age for young player of the year though.

In fairness Sane has had a fantastic season and it is not unreasonable to mention him at the same level as Kane.

nrico2006

Quote from: GJL on April 23, 2018, 09:20:30 AM

In fairness Sane has had a fantastic season and it is not unreasonable to mention him at the same level as Kane.

I merely mentioned it was a shambles due to the fact that he was head and shoulder above the other nominees.  The rules are crazy but if he meets their criteria (which he did) then he was a cert for the award.  Sane wasn't close to him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blewuporstuffed

If it was 21 as the age cut off as it probably should be , Sane would win it hands down.
The fact Kane is in the running is ridiculous. Wasn't Milner a similar age when he won it?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Taylor

Its completely unreasonable to mention Sane in the same breath as Kane for this season.
Not even close IMHO.

Salah was and is absolutely outstanding and deserved winner of award. Can Klopp hold onto him during the Summer though when the big boys come calling?

brokencrossbar1

Honestly, and it pains me to say this, but Sterling has had a better season than Kane in terms of overall impact. Kane scores goals in bursts. He will go 3-4 games at a time and score 2 in each game and then not score for a few games at a time. The wee Judas shite has been consistently scoring and assisting the whole season.

NAG1

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 23, 2018, 09:47:20 AM

Honestly, and it pains me to say this, but Sterling has had a better season than Kane in terms of overall impact. Kane scores goals in bursts. He will go 3-4 games at a time and score 2 in each game and then not score for a few games at a time. The wee Judas shite has been consistently scoring and assisting the whole season.

Good shout actually, just imagine he could actually finish as well he would be a 40/50 goal man with the amount of chances he is involved in.

nrico2006

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 23, 2018, 09:47:20 AM

Kane has been consistently scoring all season too though, bar a quiet August.  Can't see the argument for Sterling over Kane.  Kane has been directly involved in more goals than Sterling. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Maroon Manc

If Kane played for city he'd have scored 50 goals this season.

Milltown Row2

Chelsea not giving up without a fight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea