Seriously, how about an "ignore" function?

Started by Jell 0 Biafra, September 28, 2013, 01:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

I don't post a lot here, but I do love reading the views of people from counties other than my own here (I'm a Dub).  Ahead of big games, I've enjoyed having the craic with Kerry, Tyrone and Mayo posters here.   But lately, there's several posters that just have an agenda that are bringing the site down to Hoganstand levels who hijack every thread. 

Is there any chance we could get an ignore function and not have to read deal with this Hoganstandesque nonsense all the time? 

I can't be the only one who reckons there's been an influx of crappy posts lately, can I?

Eamonnca1

How about a new house rule against hijacking, i.e. changing the subject of every thread to the same topic? With a bit of enforcement it would fix the problem.

Dinny Breen

It already exists

Look above at the top of the page and below your avatar you'll see a menu bar

Click Profile

The click modify profile

you'll see a drop down menu with buddies/ignore list at the bottom

I've only ever put one member on ignore and that was because he was too emotive over Seanie Johnson and just insisted on absuing Seanie, Kildare, McGeeney etc on every 2nd post.
#newbridgeornowhere

Orchardman

The often mentioned view that this board is way ahead of anything on hoganstand is laughable. I havn't posted on hoganstand in years but it's good for regular news, and the some of the threads I read are pretty similar to the writing on here

mylestheslasher

Indeed there is an ignore function. If you dont wish to hear that Seanie Johnston is a mercenary without principles nor loyalty, that Kildare were up to their necks in trying to win at all costs even if it meant making a shambles of their own hurling championship and that Kieran McGeeney too was up to his neck in poaching a player from another county and helping to manufacture and lie to the GAA public about where SJ lived. If you dont want to hear any of that you should hit ignore for sure and live with your head up your hole.

And of course I was 100% correct on every single thing I told you all on this or have you all missed where SJ is now admitting to live and playing football.

Thankfully it was all a total disaster for all concerned and Kildare made no gain from this dirty affair. The only people to gain were Cavan GAA.

DuffleKing

I would presume dinny didnt see that last post

anglocelt39

Quote from: Orchardman on September 28, 2013, 09:56:39 AM
The often mentioned view that this board is way ahead of anything on hoganstand is laughable. I havn't posted on hoganstand in years but it's good for regular news, and the some of the threads I read are pretty similar to the writing on here

Agree with that assessment, there is this type of postgraduate smugness about some posters here vis a vis hogan stand. Main threads on Hogan Stand can be both informed and entertaining. On my own countys thread there are a few wind up merchants but you know who they are. There is an ignore function, like Dinny I've only ever used it once.
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Any forum that shuts down for the night at 10PM and yet doesn't attempt to moderate WUMs isn't worth the binary it's made of.

Dont Matter

The Dubs really aren't taking the fact that they won the All Ireland on Sunday by unfair means well. Ignore me if you want, cover your eyes and block your ears but you now know the truth. It's upsetting, you may need counselling but I always think it's better for everyone to know the truth no matter how painful it is.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Gael85

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 28, 2013, 02:38:19 PM
The Dubs really aren't taking the fact that they won the All Ireland on Sunday by unfair means well. Ignore me if you want, cover your eyes and block your ears but you now know the truth. It's upsetting, you may need counselling but I always think it's better for everyone to know the truth no matter how painful it is.

how you figure that out?Joe McQuillan scored 8 points for Mayo  :P

mylestheslasher

Quote from: muppet on September 28, 2013, 12:29:21 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on September 28, 2013, 11:02:14 AM

I would presume dinny didnt see that last post

;D ;D ;D ;D

Of course he read my post-  he just logged off and read the post, even though he knows he cant reply for fear of showing himself up.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...