Looking forward to Laois in 2016

Started by Tony, October 14, 2015, 08:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grover

Have heard Mark Rooney Clonaslee new Minor Football Manager and Paul OShea Abbeyleix new Minor Hurling Manager.Any thought's ? Don't know anything about either of them!

Keyser Söze

Quote from: grover on November 06, 2015, 05:51:23 PM
Have heard Mark Rooney Clonaslee new Minor Football Manager and Paul OShea Abbeyleix new Minor Hurling Manager.Any thought's ? Don't know anything about either of them!

Unusual appointments. First one I'd be happy enough with.
Not sure what achievements to date make the latter an appropriate appointment to this level? Nothing personal.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

From the Terrace

Any word on our panels for 2016 season, Or when are they starting preparations for coming year? I do know offaly senior hurlers started back last monday night.

Unlaoised

Heard that Quigley and a few more were opting out this year but I hope thats just a horrible rumour!
LAOIS ABÚ

finbar o tool

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 06, 2015, 07:12:35 PM
Quote from: grover on November 06, 2015, 05:51:23 PM

Unusual appointments. First one I'd be happy enough with.
Not sure what achievements to date make the latter an appropriate appointment to this level? Nothing personal.

Ive heard since that Paul O'Shea has never managed a team before! Also, selectors for Minors are Fran Dowling and the other is a kilkenny man, who has apparently been working with the Abbeyleix underage set up for a few years aswell, which effectively means there is 2 Abbeyleix men in the management team.
All a bit strange if true??
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

LOVEGAA

As far as I know O Shea involved with underage in Abbeyleix  only and the kilkenny man is involved with Laois minors as well as Fran Dowling as selector .
Time will tell

Keyser Söze

Is this the fella who has been training Abbeyleix seniors for the last few years? James Carroll or something like that?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

ClashAsh

Is James Carroll gone in with O'Shea with the Laois minors for next year? Does that mean Carroll is gone from Abbeyleix. Who is the new manager over Abbeyleix?

LOVEGAA

Not sure of his name but yes was involved with Abbeyleix seniors.

blueandwhite1

Lads, in fairness, the underage work in Abbeyleix has been fairly impressive. No shortage of passion and ability over there.

finbar o tool

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on December 17, 2015, 10:43:02 AM
Lads, in fairness, the underage work in Abbeyleix has been fairly impressive. No shortage of passion and ability over there.

agree, but why put someone in charge of the inter-county minors who has never managed a team, apparently he was involved with the juveniles but never managed a team. and if the kilkenny man was over Abbeyleix seniors, would he not be in a better position to be manager rather than selector? and i thought it strange there is 2 from Abbeyleix.
its all what i heard, maybe some of it is BS?

LOVEGAA

agree, but why put someone in charge of the inter-county minors who has never managed a team, apparently he was involved with the juveniles but never managed a team. and if the kilkenny man was over Abbeyleix seniors, would he not be in a better position to be manager rather than selector? and i thought it strange there is 2 from Abbeyleix.
its all what i heard, maybe some of it is BS?
[/quote]

No its not BS 2 from Abbeyleix club and Fran Dowling.

maccer

In fairness i believe Paul o shea has put all the structures in place for abbeyleix to be successful. He has 'the Kilkenny man' in to coach the team. Management is all about putting the right people in the right positions and have everything organised properly to improve the chances of success. He played for long enough to know good hurlers. The only question will be the ability to change things during a game.

finbar o tool

Quote from: maccer on December 17, 2015, 02:39:19 PM
In fairness i believe Paul o shea has put all the structures in place for abbeyleix to be successful. He has 'the Kilkenny man' in to coach the team. Management is all about putting the right people in the right positions and have everything organised properly to improve the chances of success. He played for long enough to know good hurlers. The only question will be the ability to change things during a game.

thats fair enough maccer, at face value what i heard didn't seem right. hope they can do the business!

Home Boys Home

Paul O'Shea is manager, James Carroll coach/selector, Fran Dowling selector.

James Carroll is from Kilkenny, he was Abbeyleix senior manager for the last two years and I believe has managed Fenians seniors in the past. He was never involved in Abbeyleix Juvenile set up as was suggested above though.