Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyroneRahilly

2 friends of mine were just offered tickets from a donegal supporter, just down a bit from Quinns bar - He was looking 150 euro each. While I was chewin the head of him for trying to riip my friend off, 2 Dublin supporters walked by and handed my friend 2 tickets and "enjoy the game lads". We tried to give him money for them, but he wouldnt accept.

Great banter in the bar from the dub supporters too. 100% Respect!

heffo

Quote from: TyroneRahilly on August 06, 2011, 01:55:23 PM
2 friends of mine were just offered tickets from a donegal supporter, just down a bit from Quinns bar - He was looking 150 euro each. While I was chewin the head of him for trying to riip my friend off, 2 Dublin supporters walked by and handed my friend 2 tickets and "enjoy the game lads". We tried to give him money for them, but he wouldnt accept.

Anyone who tried to charge more than face value for a ticket deserves a kick in the ballix.

bennydorano

Backed Sean Cavanagh to score a goal at anytime @ 5/1, seems reasonable value.  Tough game to call.

The Worker

why noy just get tickets from the gaa office? Is it a sell out?

comethekingdom

Here are some stats from another forum :

This year Dublin have only lost to Cork, by a point. They have beaten Kerry, Cork, Mayo, Armagh, Monaghan and Galway. In the championship they have beaten Laois (Div 2 runners up), Kildare (Div2) and Wexford (Div 3).

Tyrone couldnt get out of Division 2. They beat Monaghan (last in Div 1), Armagh, Longford (Div 4) and Roscommon (Div 4) in the championship. They lost to Derry and Donegal in the league and Donegal in the championship.

I guess all this form goes out the window in an AI quarter final but I'd still fancy Tyrone to do the job today

Fear ón Srath Bán

I hope you got your head sorted orangeman!  :D

Regarding the Dublin team:

Heffo knows,
What Gilroy shows,
By the Brothers Grimm,
Has been Pat's whim!

;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

spuds

Dub team

Cluxton
Fitzsimons
Carroll
Conlon
McCarthy
Brennan
Nolan
Fennell
Basthick
Flynn
Brogan
Cullen
Cahill
Connolly
Brogan
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Hardy

This is a bit like Waterford and Galway in the hurling. It's a competition to qualify to be smothered to death by Donegal in the semi.

Dublin by four or five, for what it's worth.

Dinny Breen

Would like to see Dublin win it but with these conditions it will be one for experienced heads Tyrone alas by 2.
#newbridgeornowhere

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: heffo on August 06, 2011, 02:09:15 PM

Anyone who tried to charge more than face value for a ticket deserves a kick in the ballix.

+1

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

omagh_gael

Tyrone to sneak it by 2-3 points, fending off a late Dublin charge.

C'mon the red hands!

Canalman

Eerily like 2008 weatherwise. Biblical rain here in Dublin. Full floodlights for whole game surely.

Best of luck to Dubs. Simply a game we can't lose  imo, despite the underage talent to come.

Have to say it has been a  surprise to see the media "circus" during the week swirling around Tyrone and not us.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

new devil

Jinxy

Did Spillane just say that Bernard Brogan doesn't work hard enough for an inside forward?
If you were any use you'd be playing.