"Armagh's Orchard is blossoming nicely" (Orchard Academy)

Started by dec, June 27, 2019, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ck

Lads, has this Armagh Academy not been going for years? I remember reading about it at least 10yrs ago. McGrane and O'Rourke have been knocking around underage teams and McGeeney has been at the helm for most of that time.
How many ulster underage titles have they produced? If any?
The senior team is one of the most hyped in the country.. the article above described them as "sensational" this season! Is this for real? They won one game in ulster and are now out of the qualifiers.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm struggling to see beyond the hype in Armagh. Emperors new clothes springs to mind!

Over the Bar

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 29, 2019, 11:38:15 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 11:36:01 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 29, 2019, 10:08:09 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 08:49:18 PM
I doubt if one win in Ulster in 4 seasons deserves a new thread?

What has that got to do with this thread?

We've had enough nearly men stories. The potential of Armagh's latest set of cubs can be posted on the Armagh county thread.  The rest of us can wait until they actually win something of note.

In future I'm sure everybody will run their posts by you to make sure they're suitable

Pretty much everybody would know not to post about their county's underage development on the main board.  ::)

armaghniac

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2019, 11:56:37 PM
Pretty much everybody would know not to post about their county's underage development on the main board.  ::)

Pretty much everyone on the board does not go into threads with the sole intention of derailing them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

under the bar

Quote from: ck on June 29, 2019, 11:52:08 PM
Lads, has this Armagh Academy not been going for years? I remember reading about it at least 10yrs ago. McGrane and O'Rourke have been knocking around underage teams and McGeeney has been at the helm for most of that time.
The senior team is one of the most hyped in the country.. the article above described them as "sensational" this season! Is this for real? They won one game in ulster and are now out of the qualifiers.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I'm struggling to see beyond the hype in Armagh. Emperors new clothes springs to mind!

+1. Add to that  Rian O'Neill being hyped as the next Peter Canavan

lenny

It is very harsh. Armagh have been a breath of fresh air this year, brilliant to watch. Unlucky last night too. They have some brilliant players coming through in Rian O'Neill and jarlath burns. Also Ben crealey looks very good. With st Ronan's and st pats armagh becoming stronger in macrory they look like they'll be strong for the next while.

tonto1888

Quote from: under the bar on June 30, 2019, 12:29:37 PM

+1. Add to that  Rian O'Neill being hyped as the next Peter Canavan

As far as I. An see you're the only one to mention the two in the same sentence

charlieTully

The harvest is over lads. Away back to your shacks for another year.

tonto1888

Quote from: charlieTully on July 01, 2019, 07:35:44 AM

But it was fun while it lasted

armaghniac

Quote from: charlieTully on July 01, 2019, 07:35:44 AM

Any year we beat Down is not a total waste.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B