Lar is back...

Started by CorkMan, May 13, 2012, 07:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Downing and Pa Bourke scored a few, and Eoin Kelly miss a couple. There were frees alright, but not a huge amount. Well reffed I thought.

Ash Smoker

Big test for Lar.
Tipp 2 down at half time and he's just been thrown on.
Both back lines are non existent though.  ;)

AshwoodGael

Lar is a big streak of greyhound. Time to put an end to his ghosting runs.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: AshwoodGael on July 02, 2012, 11:32:57 PM
Time to put an end to his ghosting runs.
Don't worry, a few counties have tried that!

Cyril Farrell fan

Quote from: Premier Emperor on August 06, 2012, 10:32:43 PM

;D
Just out of the picture is Tommy Walsh. Lar running after him!

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Asal Mor

;D  ;D  ;D  Nice one Croi. Needed a laugh.

AZOffaly

Very good Croi.

As regards the Usain one above, a wider lens tells another story..

Stripey Cat

Shamrock Shore

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Stripey Cat on August 21, 2012, 03:41:34 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 21, 2012, 01:07:23 PM

I love it.
Permission to send it to some friends?

It's the internet, you don't need permission.

On second thoughts, in my finest Jean-Luc Picard accent, make it so.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Stripey Cat on August 21, 2012, 03:41:34 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 21, 2012, 01:07:23 PM

I love it.
Permission to send it to some friends?

Does the Sunday Times refer to their readers as friends nowadays? :P

orangeman

Can we change the title of the thread to " Lar will never be back now !"

ALL-Ireland winner Lar Corbett has refused to deny that he scooped the €10.6m jackpot of the National Lottery draw.

Within hours of Wednesday evening's draw, when it was revealed that the winning Lotto ticket was bought in Thurles, word had spread that the Tipperary star had won.

The Irish Independent contacted Corbett as he touched down in New York last night, and when asked if he was indeed the winner, he replied: "I have been on a flight to New York all day, I don't know anything."

But he didn't refute speculation that he was a Lotto winner, or was part of a syndicate of lucky ticket holders at the bar he shares with business partner Kevin Coppinger.

Mr Coppinger was unavailable to comment at the pub, but some locals insisted that the pair were indeed the owners of the winning ticket.

The Lotto quick-pick ticket worth €10.6m was sold in Scanlon's Newsagents shop on Liberty Square in the town. A Lotto spokeswoman said nobody had claimed the prize yet.

When asked if the pair had bought a ticket together on Wednesday, Corbett said: "Yeah, sure sometimes we might. We're in it together – when we play, we play it together."

But he also said: "I don't know, you'd have to ring the bar to find out. Kevin Coppinger back in the bar looks after all that."

Corbett was speaking in New York, where he is due to start charitable work helping Hurricane Sandy victims today.

But in his absence, speculation reached fever pitch in Thurles about the win of a lifetime – and the €10,613,747 prize. Mr Coppinger was unavailable for comment.

And the pub manager John Lawlor insisted that he was in the dark. "We've been hearing these rumours all day.

"I first saw the rumour on Facebook early this morning and said it to Lar – but he wouldn't say yes or no. That's nothing unusual for him."

Barman Jaime Lennon was envious of whoever won the prize. "I'm going to Australia later this year so I could do with a few quid."

Vincent Scanlon, the owner of the shop where the winning €6 quick-pick was sold, was also remaining tight-lipped but he said he was delighted. "It is great news, a great day for someone in the town," he said.

The winning numbers were 3, 8, 11, 23, 27 and 33. The bonus number was 36.

There were no winners of either of the two other draws.

The Lotto Plus 1 numbers were 4, 17, 19, 23, 25 and 29 with a bonus number 3. In the Lotto Plus 2, the numbers were 7, 18, 20, 27, 37 and 38 with the bonus 29.

- Niall O'Connor and Orlaith Farrell

Tubberman

He's denied it now:

Lar Corbett ‏@larcorbett

I would like to put a stop to all the story's about the €10,6 million it is not TRUE.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."