Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

QuoteThe excellent form of last years player of the year continues. What a fantastic player. Scored a goal, albeit with a wicked deflection, another perfectly good goal disallowed and an assist thrown in for good measure. It really is incredible that he is playing so well just a couple of months shy of his 36th birthday. As for his appearance record - I can see Rooney playing well into his 30's too but I dont see him getting close the appearance record. One he could go close to in the astonishing feat that Giggs has scored in 20 (yes, twenty!) consecutive top flight seasons. Rooney has 8 including this season and turns 24 in a few weeks.

Rooney has 250 appearances in 5 years.  He will probably be at the club for another 12 years, so he will get close to it I reckon.  I think he will also break both the England goals and appearances records.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 01, 2009, 10:31:06 AM
QuoteThe excellent form of last years player of the year continues. What a fantastic player. Scored a goal, albeit with a wicked deflection, another perfectly good goal disallowed and an assist thrown in for good measure. It really is incredible that he is playing so well just a couple of months shy of his 36th birthday. As for his appearance record - I can see Rooney playing well into his 30's too but I dont see him getting close the appearance record. One he could go close to in the astonishing feat that Giggs has scored in 20 (yes, twenty!) consecutive top flight seasons. Rooney has 8 including this season and turns 24 in a few weeks.

Rooney has 250 appearances in 5 years.  He will probably be at the club for another 12 years, so he
will get close to it I reckon.  I think he will also break both the England goals and appearances records.

Rooney does not have the physique to play at United for 12 more years.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

EC Unique

I think Minder has a point. Rooney would be a wee fat builder if he were not a footballer. In 20 years Giggs will be the same build. Rooney will not. Still he will be grand for a year or 2 ;)

Minder

Quote from: EC Unique on October 01, 2009, 11:08:41 AM
I think Minder has a point. Rooney would be a wee fat builder if he were not a footballer. In 20 years Giggs will be the same build. Rooney will not. Still he will be grand for a year or 2 ;)

That is exactly what I am saying boss.

botman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2009, 08:25:08 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2009, 09:48:55 PM
Quote from: new devil on September 30, 2009, 09:28:34 PM
Berbs best game in a united shirt tonight...could this be the start of something  :)

Don't think he was better than any other game to be honest.

Agreed

Berbatov yet to do it for me. Giggs in great form.

Does anyone else think that the players are getting fed up with Anderson being shit?
Keep them at it.

Goats Do Shave

magpie seanie

Anderson is playing much better since his recent and apparently much needed kick up the hole.

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2009, 08:24:16 AM
Quote from: new devil on September 30, 2009, 11:35:43 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2009, 11:26:59 PM
It seems the Soccernet correspondant was suitably impressed with Berbatov tonight. Always good to have a neutrals opinion.  ;)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=681423&sec=uefachampionsleague&root=uefachampionsleague&cc=5739

Hope you read this LL   :D :D

Why  ???

Do you really think I give that much of a f**k  :D

Your never off this thread so iam guessing you do give a f**k...unless your just a complete raaatard!!
Which is it?

EC Unique

Micky Owen's injury not as bad as first suspected. Will miss this weekend but expected back after that. Hargreves is expected to resume full training within the next week and available to play in about a month.

3 points expected this weekend with Liverpool or Chelsea or both dropping points.

Things could be worse 8)

GalwayBayBoy

Think Sunderland will take a point from this one. Bent and Jones should prove a handful for wobbly Vidic and Ferdinand. Sunderland not great at the back though so United should score. Either a 1-1 or a 2-2.

Hound

Has a Bruce team ever got a result v United? Was reading that he has the worst record of any manager who has faced United 10 times or more since the premier league started (good oul Sky). Can't recall whether it said there was a win in there, I don't think so.

He should certainly play both Bent and Jones, but I fancy he'll leave one of them on the bench

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

AFS

Much changed team out

Man Utd: Foster, O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Welbeck, Rooney, Berbatov.
Subs: Kuszczak, Ferdinand, Brown, Anderson, Carrick, Fabio Da Silva, Valencia.

Remain to be convinced by Welbeck, dunno if this was the game to be throwing him a chance. One down, still plenty of time  :-\