Creeslough filling station explosion

Started by markl121, October 07, 2022, 04:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Have often called into this shop after beach & woods walks. Have a best mate in the village & manys a pint I've had in Rose's. Utterly shocking, how a split second harmless decision can change a life forever.  Such is the nature of accidents. RIP all, unfortunately it just looks awful.
Out of respect no ladies or underage games in Donegal tomorrow.
Explosion could be heard 10 miles away. Fair play to cross border effort, one of the few positives.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rudi on October 07, 2022, 11:19:41 PM
Have often called into this shop after beach & woods walks. Have a best mate in the village & manys a pint I've had in Rose's. Utterly shocking, how a split second harmless decision can change a life forever.  Such is the nature of accidents. RIP all, unfortunately it just looks awful.
Explosion could be heard 10 miles away. Fair play to cross border effort, one of the few positives.
What is this split second harmless decision?

Rudi

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 07, 2022, 11:31:23 PM
Quote from: Rudi on October 07, 2022, 11:19:41 PM
What is this split second harmless decision?

Just going for milk or bread. School kids wanting to meet up after school. My youngest of 4 is 5 years old, recently went to the beach &  called in to this shop for icecream.
Nothing sinister just small things.

Eamonnca1

Yup. Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time is all it can take. Makes you think.

clarshack

I've been in this area a right few times in the last decade and it looks like quite a few on the board here have too so it kind of hits home a bit for people. Devastating.

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 08, 2022, 12:12:04 AM
Yup. Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time is all it can take. Makes you think.
Low probability, high impact 
The chance of an  accident like this is lower han the chance of winning the lottery. These unfortunate people are really  unlucky.

snoopdog

I've been in this service station a good few times. It's a lovely little village. Last place you would expect anything like this to happen.  Hard to think of anything else since this news broke yesterday evening.

seafoid

Per Raidio na Gaeltachta,  Gardaí expecting to announce more dead today. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNF36/status/1578498214553976832
"Deir siad ar an droch uair nach bhfuil ábhar dóchais ar bith acu ag an phointe seo agus daoine nár aimsíodh taobh istigh. "

Tony Baloney

Farrandeelin

Terrible tragedy. May the victims rest in peace. :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Awful tragedy and sadly it seems more bad news to come as rubble gets cleared.
May the victims R.I.P. and God help their relatives and the survivors.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

2 more bodies recovered.
Press conference at 12.30

Sportacus

Desperate. God help them all.  I'm full of admiration for the emergency crews.  I'm sure they're are running on adrenaline and professionalism, but it will be a toll on them as well.

yellowcard