Ros V Donegal Hyde Park 21/7/18

Started by Rossfan, July 16, 2018, 12:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PadraicHenryPearse

Let him have his moment. rosstats has spent 3 years as a keyboard warrior sticking the knife into Mcstay any chance he gets. he harks back to the successful era we had before Mcstay. The 7 yrs without a Nestor Etc. remember the days of getting beat by Sligo. We were going places then!!!!

I don't care who manages ros, I don't think anyone would do much better as we don't have the players to compete with the top teams.  Maybe if Harney and Compton can get a year injury free, Sean mul comes back we can compete better.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on July 22, 2018, 02:07:28 AM
Let him have his moment. rosstats has spent 3 years as a keyboard warrior sticking the knife into Mcstay any chance he gets. he harks back to the successful era we had before Mcstay. The 7 yrs without a Nestor Etc. remember the days of getting beat by Sligo. We were going places then!!!!

I don't care who manages ros, I don't think anyone would do much better as we don't have the players to compete with the top teams.  Maybe if Harney and Compton can get a year injury free, Sean mul comes back we can compete better.
What have John Maughan, Tommy Carr, Fergie O'Donnell x2 and John Evans got in common? ;D
And now it looks as if Kevin Mac is a dead man walking..
Janey Mac! The Rossies get through managers like nobody else!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Hound on July 21, 2018, 06:34:30 PM
Great performance by Murphy and even better by Mc Niacalas. I'd no idea he could be so good in the full forward line.
A lot of players can look good against that poorly organised Roscommon's defence sure Richie Donnelly with 1-4 from play looked like the next big thing against them last week.

weareros

Let's not forget good Galway and Mayo teams were beaten by Sligo. In fact when a Div 4 Roscommon managed by Fergal O'Donnell beat Sligo in 2010 Connacht final, Sligo had already beaten Mayo and Galway that Summer. Sligo put an end to our great 4-in-a-row team in 1981. Managers like John Evans took awful abuse from former county players like Shane Curran and Tony McManus, when working with far less resources than McStay. Fergal O'Donnell - who recognised we needed to be more defensive - was hung out to dry by our county board. I like McStay. Think his heart is in the right place. But he is a limited manager who has been blessed with embarrassingly easy draws for the last 3 years. He has shown he has learned little in 3 years, too. Hopefully his sideline antics do not prevent a quick return to RTE. Doubtful as Tommy "head but the referee" Carr is there and a few other other nuthjobs. He will not bring this Roscommon team any further. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckooland. Syferus of course has already proclaimed him the greatest Ros manager in the last thirty or forty years and is still belittling Kevin Walsh. Enough said there.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2018, 02:29:12 AM

Let's not forget good Galway and Mayo teams were beaten by Sligo. In fact when a Div 4 Roscommon managed by Fergal O'Donnell beat Sligo in 2010 Connacht final, Sligo had already beaten Mayo and Galway that Summer. Sligo put an end to our great 4-in-a-row team in 1981. Managers like John Evans took awful abuse from former county players like Shane Curran and Tony McManus, when working with far less resources than McStay. Fergal O'Donnell - who recognised we needed to be more defensive - was hung out to dry by our county board. I like McStay. Think his heart is in the right place. But he is a limited manager who has been blessed with embarrassingly easy draws for the last 3 years. He has shown he has learned little in 3 years, too. Hopefully his sideline antics do not prevent a quick return to RTE. Doubtful as Tommy "head but the referee" Carr is there and a few other other nuthjobs. He will not bring this Roscommon team any further. Anyone who thinks otherwise is living in cloud cuckooland. Syferus of course has already proclaimed him the greatest Ros manager in the last thirty or forty years and is still belittling Kevin Walsh. Enough said there.

We are a limited team that were more limited before he arrived. He's took us to the top eight and the last eight twice - more than any manager since the early 90s has, nice draws and all. Facts are facts and those stick.

weareros

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 22, 2018, 02:22:27 AM

What have John Maughan, Tommy Carr, Fergie O'Donnell x2 and John Evans got in common? ;D
And now it looks as if Kevin Mac is a dead man walking..
Janey Mac! The Rossies get through managers like nobody else!

In that same time period, Mayo have had:

Mickey Moran (tears)
John O'Mahoney (tears)
James Horan (house of pain)
Pat Holmes/Noel Connelly (tears)
Stephen Rochford (house of pain)

And likely a new manager for 2019...

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 02:35:11 AM

We are a limited team that were more limited before he arrived. He's took us to the top eight and the last eight twice - more than any manager since the early 90s has, nice draws and all. Facts are facts and those stick.

Look the draw meant, beat Leitrim and you have two chances at Super 8. We lost to Galway, and had to beat Armagh (a team just promoted from Div 3 and minus players like Jamie Clark).

Last year was a fantastic, but at same time, we only had to beat Leitrim to make a Connacht final. We should not over embellish it. As I have said here many times, the Ros team of 77-80 that won 4 in a row beat Galway and Mayo combined every one of those years, in a time of no second chances.

Kevin has brought this team as far as he can. To succeed in 2019 needs a big reboot. I have seen nothing to suggest he is the manager to come up with a new approach. Not saying we have the players. But he has been all over the place playing forwards in key defensive rolls that they are ill equipped for. The body language shows players totally drained of confidence. That is a sure sign that it is time for a change. Even Kevin himself needs a change. Good for all concerned.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2018, 02:50:24 AM

Look the draw meant, beat Leitrim and you have two chances at Super 8. We lost to Galway, and had to beat Armagh (a team just promoted from Div 3 and minus players like Jamie Clark).

Last year was a fantastic, but at same time, we only had to beat Leitrim to make a Connacht final. We should not over embellish it. As I have said here many times, the Ros team of 77-80 that won 4 in a row beat Galway and Mayo combined every one of those years, in a time of no second chances.

Kevin has brought this team as far as he can. To succeed in 2019 needs a big reboot. I have seen nothing to suggest he is the manager to come up with a new approach. Not saying we have the players. But he has been all over the place playing forwards in key defensive rolls that they are ill equipped for. The body language shows players totally drained of confidence. That is a sure sign that it is time for a change. Even Kevin himself needs a change. Good for all concerned.

You're either Rossfan's alt account or on a pisstake if you think the best answer to a few beatings is throwing the manager under the bus.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 03:04:33 AM

You're either Rossfan's alt account or on a pisstake if you think the best answer to a few beatings is throwing the manager under the bus.

You love going for the fundamentalist position. I like McStay and feel sorry for how this has ended. I am also a realist and know when things have reached their "natural end". I could say the same for several other county mangers. Three years is a good innings. We need a serious change of direction. Either you think McStay is the man for that, or some new blood. I think new blood. Have no idea who. But I know the same approach will not work.

Syferus

Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2018, 03:19:48 AM

You love going for the fundamentalist position. I like McStay and feel sorry for how this has ended. I am also a realist and know when things have reached their "natural end". I could say the same for several other county mangers. Three years is a good innings. We need a serious change of direction. Either you think McStay is the man for that, or some new blood. I think new blood. Have no idea who. But I know the same approach will not work.

No matter how many times you try to will it into existence by saying it's over, McStay will be there next season. And rightfully so.

weareros

Quote from: Syferus on July 22, 2018, 03:31:14 AM
Quote from: weareros on July 22, 2018, 03:19:48 AM

No matter how many times you try to will it into existence by saying it's over, McStay will be there next season. And rightfully so.

Not trying to will it into existence. If McStay wants another year he will get it. He will get no hassle from local media, county board, sponsors, etc. He's a good guy and he has only ever worked in the the best interests of Roscommon and happy to say I was there in Salthill and Portlaoise and they are as good as days as I've ever had supporting Ros. I just think he's had his 3 years and we now need a change of direction. Another year will yield the status quo. It's not personal. You like to portray opinions like mine as an Anti-McStay agenda. Nothing could be further from the truth. While change is a risk, it's a risk we have to take. I still believe this is the most talented generation we have had since the 77-80 team. I would like to see a new approach before we waste this opportunity.

Rossfan

I am not an "alternative account" of weareros.
Only the hardcore Ros support turned up yesterday. We must have been outnumbered 3 to 1.
If Padraichenry and the Co Board are happy to see ill prepared unfit unconditioned disorganised teams continue to represent Ros .......fair enough.
Attacking posters here won't give the team a defensive structure or game plan that might make us as competitive as we can be v the top teams.
It won't give our team the fitness and conditioning needed to be competitive as we can v those teams.
It won't disguise the fact that after 3 years the management are still acting as if they were in their first FBD competition.

I intend going to Croke Park to give our ill prepared unconditioned players a bit of support in what will likely be a humiliating experience for them.
I hope our younger players don't get put off permanently afterwards.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

skeog

Kevin i believe is a retired Army man didnt see much discipline in his behaviour yesterday.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2018, 09:39:08 AM
I am not an "alternative account" of weareros.
Only the hardcore Ros support turned up yesterday. We must have been outnumbered 3 to 1.
If Padraichenry and the Co Board are happy to see ill prepared unfit unconditioned disorganised teams continue to represent Ros .......fair enough.
Attacking posters here won't give the team a defensive structure or game plan that might make us as competitive as we can be v the top teams.
It won't give our team the fitness and conditioning needed to be competitive as we can v those teams.
It won't disguise the fact that after 3 years the management are still acting as if they were in their first FBD competition.

I intend going to Croke Park to give our ill prepared unconditioned players a bit of support in what will likely be a humiliating experience for them.
I hope our younger players don't get put off permanently afterwards.

who are the these players? that are unconditioned? after 3 year we have 3 provisional finals 2 qfs and back in d1. previous 3 years were worst remember Sligo giving us a master class in tactics yet people wanted 1 more year and let's not forget the 25 years before that. no issue if mcstay goes but people need to lol at what we have vs the big teams and readjustvtheir expectations.

Rossfan

Not a cheerleader for Evans but he got us to Div 1 as well.
He parked the bus as they say v Tyrone 2013 and Mayowestros 2014 and we only lost by a kick of a ball to them, not by 18 and 23 points.
After Sligo/Fermanagh 2015 he was always a goner.
We've  got to 3 CFs in a row by beating NY, Leitrim, Sligo, Leitrim and Leitrim.
No matter who is Manager for 2019 needs a kick out strategy, defensive plan, give some impression of knowing what they are doing in team selections etc.
We need a S&C guru, fitness and defensive coaches and the € to pay for them.
We probably also need to be dumped into the Qualifiers and go on the road to make or break us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM