Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: CiKe on September 10, 2017, 11:25:11 AM
Quote from: Franko on September 09, 2017, 07:25:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 09, 2017, 07:08:31 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 09, 2017, 06:58:58 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on September 09, 2017, 02:13:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 07, 2017, 11:35:12 PM
Shocker!! Politicians rips the arse out of tax payers !! Thread Started by a teacher.... who really gives a feck?? Cause we'll keep on voting them in! maybe if we paid them 30 grand a year and no expenses we might get some decent people in

1.  Not a teacher

2. What is your problem? If you don't like the thread, just walk away, move on, nothing to see.

The man has definitely got a problem.  On numerous threads you'll find him commenting for no other reason other than to berate others for commenting.  It's weird.

Not commenting on how stupid something is would be more of a disservice than not doing it.

Discussion. Not echo chamber. Remember that.

Not much sense being made here.

Far from a Syferus fan, but strikes me you are being willfully ignorant there Franko. Very easy to understand and something I agree with.

Milltown as for your reference to nurses and vocation, I've had more experience across many different hospitals than most people will have in their lifetime, and very few come across as having a real vocation for the job. The lack of empathy displayed by most of the health professionals I have come across really shocked me, because I had previously thought of it as a job with a vocation but personal experience tells me otherwise.

Maybe that says more about you than them.

CiKe

Quote from: charlieTully on September 10, 2017, 11:31:22 AM
Shocker!! Politicians rips the arse out of tax payers !! Thread Started by a teacher.... who really gives a feck?? Cause we'll keep on voting them in! maybe if we paid them 30 grand a year and no expenses we might get some decent people in

1.  Not a teacher

2. What is your problem? If you don't like the thread, just walk away, move on, nothing to see.

The man has definitely got a problem.  On numerous threads you'll find him commenting for no other reason other than to berate others for commenting.  It's weird.

Not commenting on how stupid something is would be more of a disservice than not doing it.

Far from a Syferus fan, but strikes me you are being willfully ignorant there Franko. Very easy to understand and something I agree with.

Milltown as for your reference to nurses and vocation, I've had more experience across many different hospitals than most people will have in their lifetime, and very few come across as having a real vocation for the job. The lack of empathy displayed by most of the health professionals I have come across really shocked me, because I had previously thought of it as a job with a vocation but personal experience tells me otherwise.

Not sure I follow you Charlie, care to explain?. I'm not saying there aren't people with a vocation for it, just saying there are a hell of a lot for whom it is not a vocation. Small sample size granted, but in my experience it is a clear minority who appear to have the vocation.

StGallsGAA

CiKe

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 10, 2017, 11:39:36 AM
Would you 2 like to get a room?

I'll pass thanks, but you might want to consider whether that is an indication of your own underlying tendencies.

charlieTully

Quote from: CiKe on September 10, 2017, 11:36:40 AM

1.  Not a teacher

Not sure I follow you Charlie, care to explain?. I'm not saying there aren't people with a vocation for it, just saying there are a hell of a lot for whom it is not a vocation. Small sample size granted, but in my experience it is a clear minority who appear to have the vocation.

There is no excuse obviously for ever treating patients without anything but respect and empathy. But it should be returned. Im not sure if your from north or south. Up here the services are understaffed underfunded which leads to no breaks unpaid extra hours etc. This can leave some appearing that it's no longer a vocation but it shouldn't happen  regardless. Basically like is met with like. I get on the defensive when I hear negative comments about the service. I am sorry I made that remark to you.

CiKe

Quote from: charlieTully on September 10, 2017, 01:12:26 PM
Quote from: CiKe on September 10, 2017, 11:36:40 AM

1.  Not a teacher

There is no excuse obviously for ever treating patients without anything but respect and empathy. But it should be returned. Im not sure if your from north or south. Up here the services are understaffed underfunded which leads to no breaks unpaid extra hours etc. This can leave some appearing that it's no longer a vocation but it shouldn't happen  regardless. Basically like is met with like. I get on the defensive when I hear negative comments about the service. I am sorry I made that remark to you.

No worries.

Am actually Spain based but doubt there is much difference. I agree that health workers will no doubt have to put up with a lot of shit at times, but there is no excuse for some behaviour. My 3 year old daughter has severe cerebral palsy as a result of negligence (proven) during birth, which was then subject to an attempted cover up by staff involved. They never even got a rap on the knuckles and we have yet to receive an apology, but that's a different story.

You'd think that there would be a bit of empathy for the family with regards to her rehab but we have been fucked around time and again. I understand that there are good people and good professionals working in public hospitals,it is just unfortunate there are not enough of them. I'd honestly love to know what sort of performance reviews are done because a good proportion of them should be out on their ear.

Is it a question of underfunding and understaffing? You'd have to imagine it is a contributing factor but my impression is that it is thrown out as a catch all excuse a lot of the time. Strong empathy need to be a fundamental part of the identikit health professional

charlieTully

sorry for your experience and I completely agree with your closing statement.

Milltown Row2

1.  Not a teacher

So you berating me on most topics I post on is ok then? If someone posts something you don't like (as above) you post, if I do it, I've a problem?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote" we recommend that Mr Paisley be suspended from the service of the House for a period of 30 sitting days starting on 4 September 2018."

AQMP

If 10% of the eligible voters sign a petition this suspension will lead to a by-election.  Good chance for the DUP to get rid of Jnr and parachute Arlene or Farage into a safe seat!

Denn Forever

Luckily, the house has it's summer holidays now.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AQMP

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 18, 2018, 01:23:58 PM
Luckily, the house has it's summer holidays now.

Suspension due to start on 4 Sept.  It's for 30 "sitting" days not calendar days.  Apparently this will take him up to middle of Nov.  It's the longest suspension of an MP since 1949.

AQMP

SDLP will be seeking a "recall petition" that, if successful, will force a by-election in North Antrim.  It needs just over 7,500 signatures from eligible voters in the constituency. 

JPGJOHNNYG

Any chance the other scandal can surface to finish him off the other MP and maybe even the DUP or is that too much hoping

Dougal Maguire

Pointy Head Jim Allister will certainly fancy his chances in a scandal/sleeze fuelled By election in his own neck of the woods
Careful now