The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Was it started this week by rocket attacks from inside Gaza?  Were there any attacks from Gaza this week before Israel took out the Hamas leader?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=356053114491489&set=a.108531529243650.16425.100002604093592&type=1&theater
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

You would wonder what has happened to Israeli civil society when Gaza is attacked before every election and 90% of Israeli Jews approve. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trileacman

Quote from: Denn Forever on November 19, 2012, 02:18:34 PM
Was it started this week by rocket attacks from inside Gaza?  Were there any attacks from Gaza this week before Israel took out the Hamas leader?

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=356053114491489&set=a.108531529243650.16425.100002604093592&type=1&theater

No Israel kicked it off by taking out the Hamas leader and no cower behind the excuse that they are replying to rockets from Gaza, an outright lie. Obama shows his weak side by towing the "blame Gaza" side in all this, all the other foreign affairs ministers around the world are absolute f**king cowards who won't call this for what it is.

William Hague especially is a spineless cnut.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/dancing-israeli-students-chant-death-arabs-rally-backing-gaza-slaughter

Israeli students at Haifa University danced and chanted "Death to the Arabs" at a rally on Sunday to support Israel's bombardment of the Gaza Strip.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/idf-must-learn-syrians-how-slaughter-enemy-says-prominent-israeli-rabbi

This report, from the Israeli financial news website Globes, was translated by Dena Shunra:

Rabbi Yaakov Yosef: "The IDF must learn from the Syrians how to slaughter the enemy"

"The army has got to learn from the Syrians how to slaughter and crush the enemy" - that is how Rabbi Yaakov Yosef, son of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, "blessed" the IDF [sic] soldiers who may soon find themselves within the Gaza Strip, within the framework of a ground operation which may happen in practice.

According to the report on the Jewish Voice [hakol hayehudi] website, Rabbi Yosef gave a sermon today at the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron, and among other statements blessed the IDF soldiers by saying: "we warmly bless the soldiers and pray that they leave in peace and return in peace." Immediately thereafter he said that the IDF should learn from the Syrians "how to slaughter and how to crush the enemy."

According to the report, Rabbi Yosef said similar things in a sermon he gave in Jerusalem last weekend. Yosef was interrogated by the police in the past for alleged incitement, due to his statement of consent and approval for the Torat Hamelech book, which deals in the halacahic laws of war under the Torah.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/flatten-gaza-hiroshima-and-mow-population-israeli-public-figures-urge

Among the latest horrifying examples of incitement to mass murder by Israeli public figures, Gilad Sharon, the son of former prime minister and notorious war criminal Ariel Sharon, has called for the Israeli army to "flatten" Gaza as the US flattened the Japanese city of Hiroshima in 1945 with an atomic bomb.

give her dixie

Breaking News:--- Israeli warplanes target Al-Shorouq building which houses many international and local media outlets, at least 1 person has been killed and 7 others injured. Tens of journalists are trapped inside the building as fire engulfs 1st and 2nd level of ( Entrance) the 12-story building

Ministry of Health confirm 98 killed, and over 750 injured. The other 1.6 million are living in a deep fear thinking will I be next?

Meanwhile, Israel keeps on bombing, and no one has the guts or the balls to stand up to them and roar.  "Stop This Massacre".

I hate to harp on about Obama, but has he not proven to be a gutless morally bankrupt man. He is seeing the same images of dead children as we are, and he hasn't the heart to say a single word. Cameron, and Hague are just as bad. Hague is a puppet for Israel because all he says when he speaks is that Hams is to blame. Thats right William, keep on telling the lie, and keep repeat the word Hamas 20 times into every interview.

What we are witnessing now is very unique in that Israel is showing the world how they are carrying out a massacre. They have let all the media who wants to go to Gaza enter without a word of a fuss. No one got in 4 years ago. The media there are showing us the death and destruction through the main stream, and those on social media have been live reporting the attacks 24/7 through facebook and twitter. For 6 days now Gaza has been trending in the top 5, and if anyone clicks on it, they will see video and images that no main stream would ever report.

In the face of all this, Israel is showing the world how evil it really is, and how much control they have over the west. Has any western leader spoke out and condemned them for killing babies and pregnant women?

The scary bit is yet to come, if they decide to launch a ground invasion. Not only will the Palestinians in Gaza resist in any way they can, but other nations will support them. Egypt, Turkey and Tunisia are serious players, and they will not allow a bloodbath in Gaza.

Right now the Israeli public is baying for blood, and giving full backing to a ground invasion. What does it say about them that they would love to see that much death and destruction?

The coming hours and days are very critical, but sadly, the killing will continue......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Rossfan

Obama could stop those cnuts overnight if he just gave the word.
But then his party might lose out on all the funds they get from US Jews.
Sickening the lot of it.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Please watch this documentary it answers many questions. While we say how can this happen? This should go some way to explaining how the system works. Don't rush to judgement until you watch it. Thank you.
http://youtu.be/IQqWM0nRRPU

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on November 19, 2012, 12:48:55 AM
Gilad Sharon, nephew of murderous vegetable Ariel Sharon, is just as bloodthirsty as his uncle.

"We need to flatten entire neighborhoods in Gaza. Flatten all of Gaza. The Americans didn't stop with Hiroshima – the Japanese weren't surrendering fast enough, so they hit Nagasaki, too."

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?id=292466

The Nazis razed the Warsaw ghetto in 1944. That a Jew proposes to do the same to Gaza in 2012 is beyond words.
And the Jerusalem Post is the Israeli equivalent of the Indo. How can they publish such hatred? 

Nally Stand

Register your disgust with the Israeli ambassador at:

ambassador-sec@dublin.mfa.gov.il

It won't solve anything, but can't do any harm to bombard the tramps with emails.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Puckoon

Quote from: give her dixie on November 19, 2012, 01:59:04 PM
Excellent statement from Mark Durkan where he pulls no punches in seeking an end to the massacre unfolding in Gaza. We need more Irish politicians to take a leaf out of his book and speak out and tell the truth without fear of offending Israel or the US.

"I would also stress that I have registered my full condemnation of any and all attacks on Israelis by Hamas or any other armed interest. Rocket attacks on Southern Israel have to be totally repudiated not only because of the death and destruction they bring to Israeli civilians but also because of the retaliatory violence which Israel feels it has the right to visit upon the afflicted people of Gaza.

"It is not good enough for governments – including the UK government – to hide behind superficial even-handedness or to call for a two-way ceasefire in terms that suggest that Israel is not to be held to any particular account for the scale, nature and humanitarian impact of the military action it has deployed.

"Israel has been able to execute recent attacks because they know that they are immune from meaningful international sanction or diplomatic rebuke.

GHD, Been following this with some interest over the weekend, and it's a very very bad situation. Like you, I applaud Mark Durkan's message. His entire message. Including, specifically, the above 3 sections.

The scale on which Israel has reacted at Palestine, and the number of civilian casualties as a result is frightening, as is the lack of intervention from the world stage.

The scale on which Hamas is being held completely blameless on this board and in the social media is also frightening.

seafoid

Israel only has 60% support in the US this time around. I believe the % was much higher for the last Obama inauguration /Israeli election Gaza carnage.

The Iceman

Puck,
I think it is hard to be as calculated as politicians in our response to this. I know I have been sickened to the stomach by it all - some of the images and news reports online are horrifying. Hamas have to answer for their part in this but I have to sympathize with their general cause and as a result of Israel's heavy-handedness.
What is equally shocking to me is the stance of American's who I would call friends on all of this. I am just really saddened by it all.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Puckoon

It has indeed been a horrifying weekend for the violence. I don't know many people, American or not, who could argue otherwise.

stew

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 19, 2012, 04:25:24 PM

It won't solve anything, but can't do any harm to bombard the tramps with emails.

Good man yourself, thanks for this Nally.Mr. Ambassador, I have long been a supporter of your people and have defended your right to exist as a nation on many, many occasions, I have even, to my shame defended the indefensible by giving your people the benefit of the doubt, that I will do no more.

I am absolutely sickened and disgusted by what your people are doing to the people of Gaza, I live in the US and I am appalled at the lack of airtime this atrocity is getting, and the governments of the world should hang their heads in shame!

I know Mr. Ambassador that these words will be seen by blind eyes, I just thought I would send you this email to let you know that the people who pray for you and your people the world over are disgusted at your complete lack of humanity pertaining to the people of Gaza, how can you of all people not learn from the mistakes of the past?

I beg you to use your influence to see reason and be the difference, help these people keep their lives and stop the killings for the love of God!

Kevin Newbanks.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on November 19, 2012, 05:33:51 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 19, 2012, 04:25:24 PM

Good man yourself, thanks for this Nally.Mr. Ambassador, I have long been a supporter of your people and have defended your right to exist as a nation on many, many occasions, I have even, to my shame defended the indefensible by giving your people the benefit of the doubt, that I will do no more.

I am absolutely sickened and disgusted by what your people are doing to the people of Gaza, I live in the US and I am appalled at the lack of airtime this atrocity is getting, and the governments of the world should hang their heads in shame!

I know Mr. Ambassador that these words will be seen by blind eyes, I just thought I would send you this email to let you know that the people who pray for you and your people the world over are disgusted at your complete lack of humanity pertaining to the people of Gaza, how can you of all people not learn from the mistakes of the past?

I beg you to use your influence to see reason and be the difference, help these people keep their lives and stop the killings for the love of God!

Fair play Stew.