Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Jaysus that was so fcukin boring. Utd and Arsenal used to throw everything at each other. This top 2 game was unwatchable. English League a poor product.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

beer baron

Quote from: ONeill on April 26, 2015, 06:03:04 PM
Jaysus that was so fcukin boring. Utd and Arsenal used to throw everything at each other. This top 2 game was unwatchable. English League a poor product.

Absolutely dreadful. Yourselves and Chelsea the only 2 that should be let into the Champions league.

Asal Mor

Quote from: ONeill on April 26, 2015, 06:03:04 PM

Sky must be losing money on it this year. They paid massive money, 10 million a game, and a very poor league was over weeks ago. They also paid Thierry Henry 24 million and he's inversely as bad as a pundit as he was good as a player.

50fiftyball

Hope Wenger doesn't sit back this summer and think "Ah we've enough to challenge for title next season" in his usual stubborn mode.

I'd like to see a real top class holding midfielder to go alongside Coquelin, and another 2 defenders, definitely missing a world class centre back, a commander, who organises the back line and has a bit of a "hard man" approach. Mertesacker not good enough IMHO, as slow as a funeral and not physically strong enough.

Also, I don't like being too harsh on him but Giroud will not win us a league or get us any further in the Champions league, he's very limited, can't run in behind defence, finishing abysmal at times unless he's in the air. Welbeck not up to it either,. So there's 3 areas that if we strengthened would turn us into chelsea-beaters.

ONeill

That was extremely comfortable. The first half football was sublime. Second half foot off the gas.

ONeill

Main Street

Not bad from Swansea,  handicapped with having their playmaker up front as striker. It looked a soft goal for a class goalkeeper to concede. Overall that was very poor from Arsenal who had something to play for against a team who were just running down their season, playing at half pace.

ONeill

That's why Wenger won't win another league. Not one world class defender. Even top class.

Main Street

Wenger's main problem is his inexcusable, cringeworthy,  total absence of grace, post game. And  he must be the easiest wind-up target in the ell, no wonder Mourinho has his number.
There was one  terrible piece of defending alright by Arsenal, where the 2nd defender wrongly assumed the first defender would win the ball, and left a wide path to goal exposed. But mostly it was a wasteful Arsenal attack  which failed to capatalise  when Swansea repeatedly kept gifting them the ball around the Swansea box.
I suppose it's no big deal as 3rd place is a wrap, but 2nd would be noteworthy.

50fiftyball

F**K F**K F**K... the same outburst I hear myself shouting at every business time of the season. Monaco.. United.. now this. Always when it matters, couldn't break down Chelsea either.

And he's put Gotze as top target? ?? Give me strength... it is a world class.. I re-iterate WORLD-CLASS striker we need who will score goals week in-week out. and a defensive midfielder.
Coquelin is good but we never had any holding midfielder for a few years there so he had nothing to measure up to. Giroud, say what you want and argue with me, he doesn't cut it.

I'm starting to sound like a record player, but a commander in defence badly needed. Adams, Keown, Dixon, Winterburn, Bould.. have none of these guys got young ones coming through lol

ONeill

50fiftyball

Chose Tyrone Donegal instead, but when I looked at the stats at half time it was 0 shots on target, 0 shots taken, horrible stuff for an arsenal fan.

Aaron Boone

You wouldn't bet the house on Arsenal. Very little penetration the last two home games Swansea & Sunderland. I think they already are on holiday.

ONeill

The only way Arsenal were going to score today was to give the ball to Sunderland and invite them on. Cazorla must have had a record number of touches....90% going nowhere.

Wenger is too stubborn to do that though at home. Sunderland were like Donegal in the last 20 minutes of a game and that's all they needed to do to get their point.

You'd worry slightly about their form before the Cup final. Hammering WBA on Sunday might lift the confidence.

Will Villa park the bus?

T Fearon

Losing and drawing at home to Swansea and Sunderland,without scoring? Arsenal have hit their Champions League knockout stages firm early or late in the season