smart tv

Started by pullhard, March 22, 2013, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

You can also buy a cheap samsung tablet and run it through the Google equivilent of apple tv. There is also an app for samsung that gives access to a russian version of netflix at half the cost.

Walter Cronc

Thinking of buying a smart tv with built in dvd player. Currys have an Hitachi 32" down from 400 to 250. Thought that was decent value!

I've heard tv's with dvd players can be troublesome as the dvd player tends to be crap.

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: johnneycool on August 27, 2014, 04:42:37 PM
picked up a Panasonic VIERA TX-42AS500B from Sainsburys for £370 the other day and there's a few functions I'm not sure about it, how can I watch ipad content from it, BT sport in mind?

Also there's some sort of server I can set up on a private LAN to view films etc, etc. anyone ever done that?

Have used my smart Panasonic TV to view content from a Network Attached Hard Drive - Your probably after something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BP5RJ76/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=479289247&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B003XFUXQK&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=06RTAKEM1A6J6SWCWWTK

I use it to automatically back up computer and also download movies to it - then the TV can connect to it and view the content be it videos/music/photos.

thejuice

Hi Lads. Tried watching the Sunday Game on my smart tv (Samsung) the last few times but it seems that adobe flash is no longer supported on smart tv internet browsers. So I can't watch it anything on RTE website.

Anyone know a way around it? I can play it off the tablet but I won't get away with hogging the TV and the tablet for a few hours.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Over the Bar

Quote from: thejuice on August 02, 2017, 07:15:59 PM
Hi Lads. Tried watching the Sunday Game on my smart tv (Samsung) the last few times but it seems that adobe flash is no longer supported on smart tv internet browsers. So I can't watch it anything on RTE website.

Anyone know a way around it? I can play it off the tablet but I won't get away with hogging the TV and the tablet for a few hours.

Can he not just set it to record on Sunday night and watch it later instead of streaming?

thebigfella

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 02, 2017, 11:22:38 PM

Can he not just set it to record on Sunday night and watch it later instead of streaming?

Or grow a set. Did he pay for the tv and tablet? If so you should take a stand as it's not much to ask considering you can't watch it when it's on  ;)

Minder

Quote from: Over the Bar on August 02, 2017, 11:22:38 PM

I believe Juice is abroad ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Thanks for the advice lads, that's it I'm going to have to fight with wife over it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

JohnDenver

Depending on what phone you have, is there no way you could view it on that, and bounce it to the TV in the same way you have described with the tablet?

Jim Bob

Anyone any experience of recording tv programmes from  a Samsung  Smart Tv onto a Hard drive.
I have researched  this but can't get a clear idea of  exactly what type of hard drive I need to get. It appears that a simple USB stick is not suitable but was reading where People  have used some types of hard drive and it wouldn't work. Don't want to fork out hard cash for something not suitable.

Wildweasel74

i got a socket plug in type hard drive records fine, hard drive of just a usb haven't enough power

Jim Bob

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 10, 2018, 07:05:45 PM
i got a socket plug in type hard drive records fine, hard drive of just a usb haven't enough power

What make of hard drive is it?