The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

One away goal would tee up the second leg for Man City.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mayo4Sam

Mane looks like he's cooked. TAA has been excellent
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Cunny Funt

20 mins to play Manchester City are doing a lot of huffing and puffing and not even creating a decent chance.

Hound

Quote from: seafoid on April 04, 2018, 09:08:20 PM
One away goal would tee up the second leg for Man City.
City score next, and they're favourites

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Captain Obvious

Well done to Liverpool another one of those great European nights in Anfield. Tie as good as over IMO as Liverpool will score at least once in the 2nd leg and Manchester City will then need to score five goals highly unlikely for a side that couldn't produce a single shot on target tonight.

Cunny Funt

Great stuff by Liverpool and i can't see them letting that lead slip now. Man City for as good as they have been in the league they have yet again flattered to deceive in the Champions league.

Milltown Row2

Performance of the season so far for Liverpool
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Great rearguard action second half. Fair play to TAA, I was really worried about him tonight but he was outstanding. Tight decisions went our way so hopefully Salah being taken off is just a precaution and it's  a great night.

Sterling still a ****

Gabriel_Hurl

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: StGallsGAA on April 04, 2018, 07:00:16 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 04, 2018, 05:44:07 PM
Was way more confident when draw was made but the closer the game gets the less confident i get.  Would love to be still in the tie after tonight !
No Aguero should keep Citi's scoreline below 5

;D

laoislad

What a night. Couldn't have imagined such a result.
All this talk that the tie is over is nonsense though. Massive performance needed in the 2nd leg. The tie is far from over.

Dunphy singled out TAA as Liverpool's weak link before the game. I thought he was superb.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Even one away goal makes it very very difficult for city though.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on April 04, 2018, 09:43:36 PM
What a night. Couldn't have imagined such a result.
All this talk that the tie is over is nonsense though. Massive performance needed in the 2nd leg. The tie is far from over.

Dunphy singled out TAA as Liverpool's weak link before the game. I thought he was superb.

Agreed. They've obviously worked on his positioning. It was noticeable how he tucked in when the ball was central or on the Liverpool left. Then he had the pace to get out when they tried the big switch wide.

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 04, 2018, 09:45:08 PM
Even one away goal makes it very very difficult for city though.
Yeah but Liverpool might only have half a team after Everton kick lumps out of them at the weekend  ;)
City have a handy enough game at the weekend.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.