The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Managed to be up after today with a sneaky 5er on Tiger roll.

UDS the nap tomorrow I should think.

Avondhu star

Anyone spot Gavin Cromwell little winner in Huntingdon yesterday. Callthebarman ridden by Rachel Blackmore was 6/1 in the shops yesterday morning and started at 5/2.
Threw it on a triple with Altoir and Samcro so that will get me through the week

Derek O Connor on Pendra today will hopefully give a return
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Frank_The_Tank

See Lee Westwood putting up his bets for the day on Twitter.  11 winners out of 14 so far he has had including 7 outa 7 on day one.  :o
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Milltown Row2

Have went for L'ami Serge, Kings socks and Glenloe £2 each way treble and couple pound on each

The third day generally is the day the bookies get their money back

First two are picked purely on their names last one just seemed a decent horse!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Avondhu star

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on March 15, 2018, 11:57:53 AM
See Lee Westwood putting up his bets for the day on Twitter.  11 winners out of 14 so far he has had including 7 outa 7 on day one.  :o

The rich get richer!
He won the jackpot Tuesday

screenexile

Got an e/w double up first 2 winners . . . thank god for that because UDS would have cleaned me otherwise!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on March 15, 2018, 03:00:57 PM
Got an e/w double up first 2 winners . . . thank god for that because UDS would have cleaned me otherwise!

You're hanging in there!!

I used to set aside £100 for this years ago, placed a few here and there and very rarely got anything back that was significant.. so stopped it and over the four days I'd spend £25 at most.. but its not something I'll miss when its gone, i wouldnt back horses other than Aintree and when I'm out with my dad !

Just got a past news thingy on face ook about the winner i got at Cheltenham last year Willoughby court..£5 on it! 
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

leenie

First 4 winners today and a wee elw 3rd in the last ....
I bet on cheltenham for the Craic started with with £25 on Tues spread out on all the races. . And let's say I've made a few quid  8)
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Targetman

Got the last winner there, backed it just because the jockey comes from our part of the country,, his da came in to do a bet, big roar from him when he held on, who's winning the gold cup?

charlieTully

Quote from: Targetman on March 15, 2018, 06:25:16 PM
Got the last winner there, backed it just because the jockey comes from our part of the country,, his da came in to do a bet, big roar from him when he held on, who's winning the gold cup?

Usually back Noel too but didn't frigging do it this year.  Delighted for him and his da though.

bennydorano

Local bookie taken for £21,000. Unfortunately not by me, yet to register😕

Targetman

Who was the poor unfortunate?

Avondhu star

My fancied ones bit the dust but hit Russell on Storyteller.
Will chance Noel Meades in the Gold Cup and wrap it up for this year

Milltown Row2

Have went for the Fav in the first, if it's bate, thats me done till the Grand National (thank feck) with horses

AQMP

Sadly Cheltenham has passed me by this year..but I'm going to go e/w on Djakadam in the Gold Cup, as I heard Willie Mullins on the radio saying it might be his year - it's as scientific as that!