all ireland football qualifiers 2017.

Started by cornetto, April 19, 2017, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Shamrock Shore

Ah that Cavan result upsets me. After Longford (natch) they are always the next crowd I think of.

I am surprised at Wexford - not like them to go all out Junior B. But, with that master tactician in charge, shur, nothing should surprise me.

twohands!!!

The record of sides relegated from Division 1 continues to be awful.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 08, 2017, 03:54:34 PM
Ah that Cavan result upsets me. After Longford (natch) they are always the next crowd I think of.

I am surprised at Wexford - not like them to go all out Junior B. But, with that master tactician in charge, shur, nothing should surprise me.

It would be interesting to count the number of reds, blacks and yellows Wexford have picked up since Banty took over and compare it to the previous regime.

seafoid

Cavan are the deep defending counterattacking maestros who can't score enough.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Any oul club buck from Wexford could do what Banty has "achieved" and would only cost a few free dinners.
Some 2nd half by Tipp!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

straightred

twohands!!!

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2017, 04:02:27 PM
Any oul club buck from Wexford could do what Banty has "achieved" and would only cost a few free dinners.
Some 2nd half by Tipp!

Yup I wonder if Banty might find his position under a bit of pressure.

His championship form so far with Wexford has been

4 point loss to  Carlow.
1 point win over Limerick.
And this sounds like it will be something of the order of a 10 point loss to Monaghan.

For what's he's probably costing them, doesn't seem like a great return.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2017, 04:02:27 PM
Some 2nd half by Tipp!
Showing the football counties how to do it. Galway hurlers outreach squad are planning a repeat tomorrow.

Main Street

I'm also deeply upset by Cavan's 2nd half demise.

It sounds likes there a few thousand from Monaghan in Wexford Pk. I suppose it's an easy enough drive down the coast, compared with some cross country routes.

Esmarelda

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2017, 03:58:39 PM

Scoring 18 points and conceding 2-15 suggests that they can't score enough to you?

twohands!!!

45 mins: Carlow 1-9  Leitrim 0-9 - Broderick with a goal for Carlow - likely a big score given how tight that game seems to have been.

seafoid

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 08, 2017, 04:11:24 PM

Scoring 18 points and conceding 2-15 suggests that they can't score enough to you?

Unfortunately you have to score more than your opponents

Esmarelda

Quote from: seafoid on July 08, 2017, 04:15:23 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on July 08, 2017, 04:11:24 PM

Unfortunately you have to score more than your opponents
You're way ahead of me. From looking at the scoreline I'd have said something like they need to tighten up at the back as 18 points should be enough to win most games. Always happy to be made aware of the basics though.

twohands!!!

1-8 Wexford 3-19 Monaghan 55 minutes

14 different scorers for Monaghan