Who is the most bitter after Dubs do 5 in a row

Started by dublin7, September 15, 2019, 06:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: seafoid on October 02, 2019, 01:56:36 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 02, 2019, 12:55:33 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 02, 2019, 11:15:01 AM
How do dubs think think will look in 2 years' time?
so far it has been possible to cover up the scam under business as usual with "what a wonderful five in a row" to round off the first 5 years to total system dominance
From now on the game changes. 

Will pundits bother trying to make big matches sound interesting next year and beyond?
How will fans react to 6 and 7 in a row ?

The real world isn't like this MB. All the rubbish posted here about dublin's professional players/financial doping is an issue for some, but the majority of joe public don't obsess about it like most on here.

I think Kerry will win an All Ireland in the next few years and I think you'll have some epic games between both sides. I also think the football championship will be more entertaining overall as managers (with the odd exception) have finally realsied that the blanket defence doesn't work anymore and attacking football is now the way to go.

I'd expect other counties like Cork, Kildare and Galway to improve and challenge as well. Paddy Power has Dublin odds on for 8 in a row. Wouldn't go near that.
You NEED that to happen
But it probably won't
...unless the Dubs lose tactically next year before starting another 5 in a row, starting in 2021, just to make it look better

Frankly this is Dublin's greatest ever era. Worrying about the dubs dominating the 2021 football championship (2 years before a ball is even thrown) in is a new one to blame on the dubs!! ;D ;D ;D 

TheGreatest

Just want to bump this thread up, still my favourite of all time on this forum, it equates to blissful happiness.

There is even graphs and diagrams, crying and moaning, a great thread guys, keep it going, i have shared it with all my mates to look in too.

if only posters were so passionate about their own counties....  :D

priceyreilly

By how outraged the Dubs get over this topic, it's obvious how much it affects them. If it ever gets brought up on radio or tv, the number of texts and phone calls from angry Dubs is off the charts. It hurts them because they know it's true. They were becoming a mid ranked Leinster county and they couldn't take it. They went begging to Bertie and the millions started pouring in. They couldn't win fairly so they decided to cheat. This is what really gets to the Dubs, how they wish they'd started winning through legitimate means. But now they can't get over the fact that financial doping is the reason, they know it, we know it, everyone knows it. It will never go away either. Whenever people talk about Michelle Smith and her Olympic medals, the doping topic comes up. Whenever people talk about Lance Armstrong and his Tour De France victories, the doping topic comes up. Whenever people talk about Dublin and their 5 in a row, the doping topic comes up.

dublin7

Quote from: priceyreilly on October 03, 2019, 10:27:29 AM
By how outraged the Dubs get over this topic, it's obvious how much it affects them. If it ever gets brought up on radio or tv, the number of texts and phone calls from angry Dubs is off the charts. It hurts them because they know it's true. They were becoming a mid ranked Leinster county and they couldn't take it. They went begging to Bertie and the millions started pouring in. They couldn't win fairly so they decided to cheat. This is what really gets to the Dubs, how they wish they'd started winning through legitimate means. But now they can't get over the fact that financial doping is the reason, they know it, we know it, everyone knows it. It will never go away either. Whenever people talk about Michelle Smith and her Olympic medals, the doping topic comes up. Whenever people talk about Lance Armstrong and his Tour De France victories, the doping topic comes up. Whenever people talk about Dublin and their 5 in a row, the doping topic comes up.

You should print this post out, frame it and put it up on a wall somewhere in your house where you can see it everyday. It's like your mission statement. (No graphs this time, which is not like you)

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: priceyreilly on October 03, 2019, 10:27:29 AM
Whenever people talk about Dublin and their 5 in a row, the doping topic comes up.
The sad thing is I think you believe that

Farrandeelin

Close the thread. Enjoy your success. Mayo will win it and we'll all be smiling down from above whenever they do, well apart from the losing team.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: dublin7 on October 02, 2019, 04:33:41 PM
so far it has been possible to cover up the scam under business as usual with "what a wonderful five in a row" to round off the first 5 years to total system dominance

Will pundits bother trying to make big matches sound interesting next year and beyond?

The real world isn't like this MB. All the rubbish posted here about dublin's professional players/financial doping is an issue for some, but the majority of joe public don't obsess about it like most on here.

I think Kerry will win an All Ireland in the next few years and I think you'll have some epic games between both sides. I also think the football championship will be more entertaining overall as managers (with the odd exception) have finally realsied that the blanket defence doesn't work anymore and attacking football is now the way to go.

I'd expect other counties like Cork, Kildare and Galway to improve and challenge as well. Paddy Power has Dublin odds on for 8 in a row. Wouldn't go near that.
You NEED that to happen
But it probably won't
...unless the Dubs lose tactically next year before starting another 5 in a row, starting in 2021, just to make it look better

Frankly this is Dublin's greatest ever era. Worrying about the dubs dominating the 2021 football championship (2 years before a ball is even thrown) in is a new one to blame on the dubs!! ;D ;D ;D

In order for the incumbent to be beaten by say 2021 typically 2 things need to happen
1. The Dubs decline.  The rugby team are in decline after a period of success but there is no sign of the dubs fading given the supply of new players
2. A challenger emerges. Kerry are still a long way off. Who else is supposed to compete ?

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

t_mac

Quote from: seafoid on October 04, 2019, 01:25:12 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on October 02, 2019, 04:33:41 PM

You NEED that to happen
But it probably won't

In order for the incumbent to be beaten by say 2021 typically 2 things need to happen
1. The Dubs decline.  The rugby team are in decline after a period of success but there is no sign of the dubs fading given the supply of new players
2. A challenger emerges. Kerry are still a long way off. Who else is supposed to compete ?

Tyrone - always kick of the season with silverware - expect them to win the lot this year.

Dinny Breen

Tyrone are shit, themselves and Donegal are just a little bit less shit than the other Ulster teams.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 03, 2019, 04:11:58 PM
Mayo will win it and we'll all be smiling down from above whenever they do, well apart from the losing team.
Only as part of North Connacht beating Fingal in the Final.
Losing semi finalists West Munster and South Ulster.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

TheGreatest

Just want to Bump this up, a great topic with great input...

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/leinster-football-championship-a-lame-duck-says-former-longford-boss-1.4043069

"Leinster has become a lame duck," he said.

"It doesn't seem to exist anymore as a provincial championship and you'd wonder how long more we can keep going with it. Apathy has set in. "
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

under the bar

Quote from: seafoid on October 08, 2019, 09:38:22 AM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/leinster-football-championship-a-lame-duck-says-former-longford-boss-1.4043069

"Leinster has become a lame duck," he said.

"It doesn't seem to exist anymore as a provincial championship and you'd wonder how long more we can keep going with it. Apathy has set in. "

We could probably do a deal with Boris to swap Leinster for the occupied 6. Meath etc could start playing cricket instead of GAA..