Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 06:57:29 PM
I hope our Co Board come out and say they have no problem with the game going ahead in Newbridge although past experience leads me to believe they will keep their mouths shut unfortunately!

Why would our CB wade into it!? if we're asked to play in Newbridge, at that point we say "no problem". no point getting involved in this mess
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 06:59:45 PM
Quote from: Mac2 on June 25, 2018, 06:58:32 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 06:57:17 PM
The ball is in Mayo's court now to do the sporting thing and make it known they want it played in Newbridge too.
Is it f**k this between Kildare and GAA HQ.

This effects any county that doesn't want to be pushed around on venues by Croke Park. Limerick 2015 springs to mind..

Whats the story with Limerick 2015?

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 07:00:55 PM
I hope our Co Board come out and say they have no problem with the game going ahead in Newbridge although past experience leads me to believe they will keep their mouths shut unfortunately!

Why would our CB wade into it!? if we're asked to play in Newbridge, at that point we say "no problem". no point getting involved in this mess

Your lack of brotherhood or concern for anything outside the immediate interests of the Mayo football team is astounding.

Tubberman

Quote from: Syferus on June 25, 2018, 07:04:42 PM

Your lack of brotherhood or concern for anything outside the immediate interests of the Mayo football team is astounding.

spouting more shite. I have said that Kildare are entitled to home advantage. their battle is with HQ, not Mayo. mayo didn't decide the venue.

where was your brotherhood earlier when you told Kildare to suck it up and play in Croker you clown.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

joemamas

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 07:06:57 PM

spouting more shite. I have said that Kildare are entitled to home advantage. their battle is with HQ, not Mayo. mayo didn't decide the venue.

where was your brotherhood earlier when you told Kildare to suck it up and play in Croker you clown.

Now that our caustic neighbor has fully joined the fray, I will be surprised if this does not reach 20 pages today.
Would that be a record for day one of a new topic.

Mayo4Sam14

So Kildare were given the option to submit an alternative ground but refused? That'll make things difficult for them
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-insists-kildare-will-forfeit-mayo-qualifier-if-they-don-t-play-at-croke-park-1.3543393
The GAA will not be budging on their decision to fix Saturday's round three All-Ireland football qualifier between Kildare and Mayo for Croke Park - despite the clear threat from Kildare that they will not be showing up.

Kildare were entitled to home advantage, having been drawn first from the bowl earlier on Monday morning, but a meeting of the GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) later decided that the capacity at St Conleth's Park in Newbridge was not suitable for "health and safety" reasons.

Kildare officials had already aired their discontent and have now indicated they are not willing to play the game anywhere other than at home in Newbridge.

"We are making it clear that we will not play this game in Croke Park," said a Kildare statement. "St Conleth's Park is perfectly capable of hosting the tie on an all-ticket basis, Newbridge is perfectly capable of dealing with the number of supporters that will attend."

However the GAA are no longer open to discussion on the matter, and the game will be played in Croke Park as double-header with the meeting of Cavan and Tyrone.

"The game has been fixed for 7pm in Croke Park, and that is not going to change under any circumstances", Feargal McGill, the GAA's director of games administration, told The Irish Times.

"We fully appreciate where Kildare are coming from. We don't take home venue off of a team lightly. However, health and safety has to come first. It's that simple. The last thing we wanted to do was take this out of Newbridge, but we simply had no choice. There is no room for manoeuvre, not when it comes to health and safety. If Kildare don't show up in Croke Park on Saturday at 7.0pm the game will be awarded to Mayo."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Crete Boom

If anything to head off the usual suite the Gaa will come out with that we had to think of all the Mayo fans that wouldn't get a seat if the game was on in Newbridge when in fact most Mayo fans while they would prefer a bigger ground have no problem with Kildare keeping their home advantage although I can see why our CB might want to say out of this.

seafoid

Reports of Kildare flags being flown tonight in Gaza
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

I presume Mayowestros will say nothing and turn up to play wherever the game wherever is officially fixed for.
Hard to see HQ rowing back as it would be a serious loss of authority and face.
However it looks like they fell over themselves in the rush to get some more games into Croker.
Serious mess they've created.
Anyone know why the Leitrim game is at half feckin 2 on a Saturday?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

Crete Boom

Does anyone get the feeling that Croke Park just refixed the game thinking Kildare would say nothing and go along with it?

Mac2

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2018, 07:20:45 PM

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/gaa-insists-kildare-will-forfeit-mayo-qualifier-if-they-don-t-play-at-croke-park-1.3543393
The GAA will not be budging on their decision to fix Saturday's round three All-Ireland football qualifier between Kildare and Mayo for Croke Park - despite the clear threat from Kildare that they will not be showing up.

Kildare were entitled to home advantage, having been drawn first from the bowl earlier on Monday morning, but a meeting of the GAA's Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) later decided that the capacity at St Conleth's Park in Newbridge was not suitable for "health and safety" reasons.

Kildare officials had already aired their discontent and have now indicated they are not willing to play the game anywhere other than at home in Newbridge.

"We are making it clear that we will not play this game in Croke Park," said a Kildare statement. "St Conleth's Park is perfectly capable of hosting the tie on an all-ticket basis, Newbridge is perfectly capable of dealing with the number of supporters that will attend."

However the GAA are no longer open to discussion on the matter, and the game will be played in Croke Park as double-header with the meeting of Cavan and Tyrone.

"The game has been fixed for 7pm in Croke Park, and that is not going to change under any circumstances", Feargal McGill, the GAA's director of games administration, told The Irish Times.

"We fully appreciate where Kildare are coming from. We don't take home venue off of a team lightly. However, health and safety has to come first. It's that simple. The last thing we wanted to do was take this out of Newbridge, but we simply had no choice. There is no room for manoeuvre, not when it comes to health and safety. If Kildare don't show up in Croke Park on Saturday at 7.0pm the game will be awarded to Mayo."
When all other excuses dry up..

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 07:06:57 PM

Err, there's a big difference between a Newbridge that can't acommodate all the tickets that the GAA are contractually obliged to provide and a Newbridge that has the capacity to do just that.

Don't think you're getting off the hook that easily - Mayo are the other team involved in this game and if they row in behind Kildare there's little HQ can do. If they say nothing their silence speaks volumes to their motives. The idea that it has nothing to do with ye is farcical.

Enjoy the advantage you think staying out of it gifts you but you haven't a leg to stand on the next time you try to complain about a venue choice in the future.