Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 05:22:23 PM
So, if Kildare were in Dublin's group in the Super 8s, Dublin would play all but one game in Croke Park.
If Kildare qualified by beating Cork theyou would be due a home game v Dublin.
I wonder where would that be played? ???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 25, 2018, 05:33:51 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2018, 05:05:27 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 25, 2018, 04:23:15 PM
Was in Semple Stadium on Saturday and it's a kip
Have been to both. Semple Stadium is a much better stadium than MacHale Park. They don't have poles in their stand blocking your view and don't have a bottle neck under the stand when trying to make your way to the toliets and Semple Stadium has perfect playing surface.

On a point of order, there are poles blocking your view in the stand in semple. It's a better stadium that mchale park though

We were packed like sardines in the stand. Uncomfortable and impossible to get in or out
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

trailer

Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 05:32:49 PM
The obvious compromise is to play it in Tullamore.
Both sides save some face.
Then you have to send Cavan and Tyrone to Enniskillen or somewhere also.

f**k that. It's Croker or nowhere for us. We'll refuse to play if it's NOT in Croke Park. That'll put the hens among the goats.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 05:35:12 PM
So, if Kildare were in Dublin's group in the Super 8s, Dublin would play all but one game in Croke Park.

Its comical, a neutral game in Croker, a home game in Croker and an away game in Croker.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 05:39:52 PM

Its comical, a neutral game in Croker, a home game in Croker and an away game in Croker.

Just set every game for Croker and be done with it!
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2018, 05:11:54 PM
Could they not play the match at Goffs?
With commentary by Aonghus MacAnally.

"Hurricane Higgins kicks the point even though he was hampered by the top cushion. Tremendous cueing, sorry, kicking action."

"Doherty in the pocket, attempts the swerve shot, and it's a goal - that's all down to all the hours of practice back at his home club Jason's."

"And the score at the moment is Mayo one goal and one point, that's one green and one red, to Kildare's no score - a cue ball."

"A foul conceded by Kildare - the white has gone in-off, so that's four points to Mayo."

sligoman2

Well done Kildare, a home game is a home game, don't budge on this one.  Money is the only reason for not playing in Newbridge and that should not  be a good enough reason for an amateur organization to deprive a team of home field advantage.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 05:39:52 PM

Cue Zulu!  ;D

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 04:39:39 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 04:03:34 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 25, 2018, 03:52:45 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 03:51:45 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2018, 03:46:02 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 25, 2018, 03:40:04 PM
for the last 23 years they have been ubable to host a leinster championship game  and now they are moaning and bitching about having a ga me move .
there is only one bad guy here and that the Kildare Gaa family .
seeing as wel live in la la land it is easy to accuse Kildare of financial doping  by spending all their money on development and ignored theor facilities not to mention expensive imports like seanie Johnston.
knowing full well that all latge dames would be played in croke plark anyway , now its time to pay the piper

Just as well Mayo live within their means and don't go around the world scrounging and getting interest free loans for the worst €20m+ stadium in the world. Must have missed all whinging and moaning over the Limerick venue too, imagine whinging over a venue!!! And still no All-Ireland's for all their millions spent.  No wonder Dublin supporters laugh at bitter Mayo supporters.

Sorry to pull you up on one fact there Dinny but we managed to get a worse deal off Croke park (lower annual payments but higher interest to pay back overall) for our cathedral to architectural design stadium redvelopment!

Where was that stated?

Last years accounts, pretty standard I suppose, Coke Park are just acting like a bank, they took over the 5m loan Mayo Co Board had with Ulster bank and the deal was the period of the overall loan repayment period was extended which reduced the annual payments in reality for Mayo on the day to day running but acually Mayo will pay back more than they would have if they were able to stick to the original agreed term of the loan repayments. I would say this happens all the time in loan re-negotiations on long term debt when the bank is refusing a write down or write off. I have no problem with Croke PArk on this as it was our lot who fucked up the spending on the stand with an amazing 400,000 owed at one stage to the architects who were considering legal action!!!

Had a look at the accounts and I can't see anything on the interest rate?

Sorry I just checked and it was in a circular I was sent from a CB meeting by a man who was trying to garner support for his candiancy for treasurer in 2017. Now I will admit this puts a lot less creedance in what I read from this information but I still stand by that it is not interest free loan,as in all Mayo Co Board are doing is paying back the loan over a longer period of time which leads to smaller annual payments but the full loan plus interest will have to be paid back albeit over a longer period.

I'd have my doubts he was telling the truth but perhaps we'll never know. I agree its certainly not an interest free loan but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a more favourable interest rate then their previous deal.

Mac2

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 05:17:27 PM
Sportsjoe are saying there are reports tha Kildare Co Board initially agreed to Croke Park and then did a u turn but who credible these reports are who knows?
Well something went down why the f**k didn't they come out straight away and say no.

thejuice

Can't we just give Kildare CB a load of money to shut up and be done with it. That's how things get done don't ya know.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

joemamas

Quote from: Mac2 on June 25, 2018, 05:52:39 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 05:17:27 PM
Sportsjoe are saying there are reports tha Kildare Co Board initially agreed to Croke Park and then did a u turn but who credible these reports are who knows?
Well something went down why the f**k didn't they come out straight away and say no.

If the tickets are already on sale, then it will be a complete cluster*uck if it is changed.
So therefore it most likely wont be, The KCB are obviously not like the KGB, who would never have agreed to this.

yellowcard

Will Kildare hold firm and do what is right or will they bow down when a likely carrot is dangled in front of them. Shameful decision to open up Croke Park in Saturday and I hope Kildare stick to their guns.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jayop

As much as I was looking forward to the double header I think Kildare are absolutely right. No other sporting organisation in the world would have the audacity to take pre-determined home advantage from two teams.