PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Yip he is unbelievable. Beat 3 very good players today without breaking a sweat.

Hound

Genuinely superb to get a 9 darter in the quarters and to follow it up with wins over Price and Van Gerwen. He's a mess though. For a 16/17 year old to be that overweight is wrong. I bet none of the Big Cliffs, Big Daves, etc from the 80s were that big at 16!

statto

Quote from: Hound on January 19, 2024, 09:01:20 PMGenuinely superb to get a 9 darter in the quarters and to follow it up with wins over Price and Van Gerwen. He's a mess though. For a 16/17 year old to be that overweight is wrong. I bet none of the Big Cliffs, Big Daves, etc from the 80s were that big at 16!
Quote from: Hound on January 19, 2024, 09:01:20 PMGenuinely superb to get a 9 darter in the quarters and to follow it up with wins over Price and Van Gerwen. He's a mess though. For a 16/17 year old to be that overweight is wrong. I bet none of the Big Cliffs, Big Daves, etc from the 80s were that big at 16!
Be interesting to see how he gets on the next couple years when he turns 18 and is classified as an adult.17 weeks of the premier League being on the road wouldn't be great for the diet and he has to qualify for a right few of major tournaments too I'm led to believe.

From the Bunker

Has to be one of the worst looking Trophies for a tournament winner,

Looks like one of those dodgy souvenirs your Aunt buys you from a stall on a Summer Sun Holiday that looks great at the time, but when you get home it looks cringe.

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 20, 2024, 12:57:05 PMHas to be one of the worst looking Trophies for a tournament winner,

Looks like one of those dodgy souvenirs your Aunt buys you from a stall on a Summer Sun Holiday that looks great at the time, but when you get home it looks cringe.

I'd say it's made of gold.

Hoof Hearted

Littler v Asp now in Belfast final
Great to hear Mr Brightside one more time
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

toby47

A good rivalry boiling..

Asked how it felt to be chasing Littler at the top of the table, Van Gerwen replied: "I don't have to chase anyone. He has to chase me still. "I'm about 150 tournaments in front of him, so good luck to him."

Van Gerwen was also asked after the match what he made of Littler's inclusion in Forbes' Under 30 Europe Class of 2024 list after the teenager's headline-grabbing start to life on the professional PDC darts circuit.

"What he did and what he created for the sport of darts I think is phenomenal, but take it easy," said three-time world champion."With all the respect, he played c**p tonight and I beat him with a c**p game that's the reality of the moment.

Truthsayer

Both very poor in the final, games like that I suppose. Is a boring format same 8 players week in week out and you can see a lot of it is exhibition stuff dancing together on stage and no real disappointment when beaten. Some great check outs and the 9 darter but but not big tournament rivalry and tension.. Passes a few hours but not the real thing..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truthsayer on April 12, 2024, 10:33:27 AMBoth very poor in the final, games like that I suppose. Is a boring format same 8 players week in week out and you can see a lot of it is exhibition stuff dancing together on stage and no real disappointment when beaten. Some great check outs and the 9 darter but but not big tournament rivalry and tension.. Passes a few hours but not the real thing..

Its a great nights entertainment to be fair, the places are packed to the rafters, maybe the drink helps ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truthsayer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2024, 10:46:40 AM
Quote from: Truthsayer on April 12, 2024, 10:33:27 AMBoth very poor in the final, games like that I suppose. Is a boring format same 8 players week in week out and you can see a lot of it is exhibition stuff dancing together on stage and no real disappointment when beaten. Some great check outs and the 9 darter but but not big tournament rivalry and tension.. Passes a few hours but not the real thing..

Its a great nights entertainment to be fair, the places are packed to the rafters, maybe the drink helps ;D
Aye on second thoughts can't be big tournament every week. Was disappointed to hear Belfast crowd boo Nathan Aspinal.. he's sound. Tho I don't like them booing any player.