Ulster Club SFC 2023

Started by general_lee, September 26, 2023, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5times5times

Laverty said if ref remains, he and rest of management panel are walking.

Give Co.Board an ultimatum, who folded like a pack of wet, limp cards

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 5times5times on October 16, 2023, 08:00:56 PMLaverty said if ref remains, he and rest of management panel are walking.

That and the fact that they couldn't guarantee reds safety holds the game in disrepute. Should be n investigation in it

Armagh18

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 16, 2023, 08:19:43 PM
Quote from: 5times5times on October 16, 2023, 08:00:56 PMLaverty said if ref remains, he and rest of management panel are walking.

That and the fact that they couldn't guarantee reds safety holds the game in disrepute. Should be n investigation in it
He should have been booted then along with the rest of the knackers

imtommygunn

Dunno how much of what is read is true but this is a very bad precedent to be setting. I don't know what Down GAA are playing at here tbh - this has been handled awfully. Kilcoo say why is it always Kilcoo getting picked on. I don't even know anything about them historically as I'm from another county but to put it politely they are hard to like.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 17, 2023, 08:05:10 AMDunno how much of what is read is true but this is a very bad precedent to be setting. I don't know what Down GAA are playing at here tbh - this has been handled awfully. Kilcoo say why is it always Kilcoo getting picked on. I don't even know anything about them historically as I'm from another county but to put it politely they are hard to like.
Look at the Down CB statement. Shower of clowns.

bennydorano

If that's true (& I'd have my doubts) it'll come out in the wash and Laverty's position will be untenable anyway. Down County board look absolutely ridiculous in all this imo.

Applesisapples

If it's true why would any club send players to the county?

SHEEDY

Its the same as 90% of the stuff written on here on the subject, made up nonsense.
nil satis nisi optimum

lurganblue

I'm surprised that they actually found a ref in the county to get the match on at all during all of this shambles.  Easy for me to say, but I think there should have been a bit of ref solidarity on this.

imtommygunn

Did David Gough not do it? This is an awful needless mess - they won easy anyway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on October 17, 2023, 11:41:07 AMI'm surprised that they actually found a ref in the county to get the match on at all during all of this shambles.  Easy for me to say, but I think there should have been a bit of ref solidarity on this.

Perfect opportunity to not turn up for the game, with the cameras there and so on, highlighting the reasons.. missed opportunity

That said, there was no ref'ing in the game as Burren were put up no fight
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: lurganblue on October 17, 2023, 11:41:07 AMI'm surprised that they actually found a ref in the county to get the match on at all during all of this shambles.  Easy for me to say, but I think there should have been a bit of ref solidarity on this.
The ref who did the final regularly does Kilcoo friendlies/ in house games

StephenC

NC completely in control. 5-0 after 10 minutes. Looking ominous for GD.

Decod89

Quote from: StephenC on October 22, 2023, 04:12:25 PMNC completely in control. 5-0 after 10 minutes. Looking ominous for GD.

Ethan O'Donnell looks like he's playing an age grade above the rest

J70