GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

I think the time for calling a halt to any 2020 plans is drawing near.  Normal life, or any semblance of it, are just not compatible with a pandemic situation.  Yes, if we had eradicated the virus from the island, and had shut down all foreign travel, both in and out, then we'd have a chance but there is no evidence the whole population are up for trying to eradicate it completely.

I see the antibody test is already out, a Belfast clinic are charing 65 pounds for the test to confirm whether a person has already had COVID-19.  Even if you have had it, there is still no confirmation as to how long immunity lasts for ... it is for weeks, months or for life ... of whether this immunity prevents you from being a carrier of it to others.

A long haul still ahead by the looks of it.

Smurfy123

Armagh where was it ever said that it was to be driven out?
Slow the curve save the NHS was the word
The curve is flat
Why are people not grasping this part.
Out of the cases this week only 2 needed hospital treTment.
Why can't we get this across

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on July 17, 2020, 05:17:08 PM
I think the time for calling a halt to any 2020 plans is drawing near.  Normal life, or any semblance of it, are just not compatible with a pandemic situation.  Yes, if we had eradicated the virus from the island, and had shut down all foreign travel, both in and out, then we'd have a chance but there is no evidence the whole population are up for trying to eradicate it completely.

Travel is one thing, but people are also not willing not to have karaoke events in Limavady, and that is not the fault of foreigners.

Quote from: Smurfy123 on July 17, 2020, 05:18:37 PM
The curve is flat

Perhaps they do not grasp it because the curve is in fact rising?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

balladmaker

Quote from: armaghniac on July 17, 2020, 05:48:37 PM

Travel is one thing, but people are also not willing not to have karaoke events in Limavady, and that is not the fault of foreigners.

The curve is flat

Correct, the Limavady cluster was not the fault of foreigners, or anyone travelling abroad, but if we get to a point where there is no virus on the island, then how can it get back onto the island without it incoming via travel.

bannside

60 allowed at indoor mass on Sunday but not allowed to stand 10 feet apart at a GAA match outdoors in the afternoon. Well actually they can in Lifford but not in Strabane. Tis strange times we are living in!

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: balladmaker on July 17, 2020, 06:14:18 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on July 17, 2020, 05:48:37 PM

The curve is flat

Correct, the Limavady cluster was not the fault of foreigners, or anyone travelling abroad, but if we get to a point where there is no virus on the island, then how can it get back onto the island without it incoming via travel.

Maybe someone had it but was asymptomatic to it and passed it on to one of the cluster.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

Or we could just go back to full normal , if we die we die , nothing is worth this lifestyle , it's prison .  How long do people think it's sustainable for , when is the line drawn ?  More to this than covid19 and I'm not bothered about been labelled a tin foil hat wan .

Is there a list of rural town businesses that have closed for good cause of covid19 restrictions?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

Quote from: larryin89 on July 18, 2020, 01:51:19 PM
Or we could just go back to full normal , if we die we die , nothing is worth this lifestyle , it's prison .  How long do people think it's sustainable for , when is the line drawn ?  More to this than covid19 and I'm not bothered about been labelled a tin foil hat wan .

Is there a list of rural town businesses that have closed for good cause of covid19 restrictions?

I prefer this to being dead, thanks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Same here.
Did I hear that in Rhubarbia Balla are refusing to fulfil a fixture in Louisburg as the players have concern?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on July 18, 2020, 03:18:40 PM
Same here.
Did I hear that in Rhubarbia Balla are refusing to fulfil a fixture in Louisburg as the players have concern?

Yes you are correct, it's a Louisburgh player that has the concerns so Balla refused to travel. Rightly so in my opinion.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Eire90

should all club championships not have been on a single elimination knockout as that would have them over in the shortest time peroid and easier to reschedule

rodney trotter

Colm O Rourke has changed his tune, realising its causing disruption among after only a few weeks back.

Smurfy123

Some clubs stopping all activities because of some locals getting it
Good luck if you keep doing that
Shops offices public transport work  etc doesn't shut
Being cautious and careful is one thing being over cautious is another
Club players attending parties etc are only bringing on trouble themselves
Party or play
Can't really do both at the minute
If players wanna play don't party

Rossfan

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 19, 2020, 12:56:42 PM
Colm O Rourke has changed his tune, realising its causing disruption among after only a few weeks back.
Indeed.
He was looing like a bull a few weeks ago for pitches to open and activities to resume.