Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 03:32:39 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 12, 2018, 03:26:27 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 02:35:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 12, 2018, 02:29:01 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 02:25:48 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 12, 2018, 02:15:37 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 02:11:08 PM
This is a bit of a narrative destroyer.

Given some of the stuff we've heard from Ewan and Parky etc. over the last while, one would surely have expected Dublin to be way out in front at the top of this list, but they aren't even top of it.

Remember much of Dublin's spending goes on hurling too, whereas several counties near the top of this list pay no more than lip sevice to whichever is the weaker game in their county.

This is pure dross in the context of these numbers being totally cooked in many cases given the salaries of management team members are not included among many other types of under the table payments and inducements and freebies, let alone the fact most counties outside of Dublin pay exorbitant mileage expenses just to assemble their panel for training.

Nevermind the fact that to believe your line you have to assume that the millions upon millions of grant money to Dublin did not benefit player and coach development in the county in any manner whatsoever. Since you have to then be of the opinion that money is an incredible waste in Dublin, why not give it to the rest and see what happens, eh?

Poor attempt, Sid. That exact same .jpg has been rubbished multiple times in this thread alone.

If other counties are cooking the books as you say, then their expenditure in this graph is being underestimated, which makes it look even worse for them and better for Dublin.

Trying to take one aspect (and out of context at that) because you know well my post rubbishes the 'narrative destoryer' that you billed that old .jpg as. My post stands well enough as is.
The fact is that the Dublin football team work harder than any other team in Ireland. Only Mayo come anywhere close.

Alan Brogan is 100% correct on this.

OK, I'll bite.  Can you provide ANYTHING resembling evidence of this?
i) The fact that Dublin players run harder, faster and longer than opposition players.
ii) The fact that Dublin players are able to take hits better than opposition players.
iii) The fact that Dublin players are more skilful than opposition players.
iv) The fact that Dublin have more advanced tactics than other teams.

The evidence is staring you in the face, really.

;D  This is clearly a piss take.

"The Queen is the hardest working woman in Britain."

"Why?"

"Cos she has the most money."

Cunny Funt

Quote from: shark on September 12, 2018, 02:59:03 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 12, 2018, 02:36:04 PM
I have seen that Graph before but nobody could answer this, is this per team (football) or both the Adult Male senior teams in Football and Hurling combined?

It is supposed to be for both. However, as Syferus correctly points out, it is not remotely accurate. And even if the figures were somewhere close to correct (they are not), it is not a good relative indicator. Games cost money (travel, hotels, etc) - teams do not all have the same number in any given year, and not all teams travel similar distances. Training costs money - teams do not all stay in the championship for the same length of time, and not all have the exact same number of players claiming mileage costs.
Knowing from personal experience how an intercounty team sources money for it's needs, there is no way an accurate report could be put together. So much of it comes under the table from differing sources. Often with no county board knowledge.

Posters here need to stop quoting these figures. They are nonsense, pure and simple.

In a nutshell.

sid waddell

Quote from: priceyreilly on September 12, 2018, 03:40:24 PM

i) The fact that Dublin players run harder, faster and longer than opposition players.
ii) The fact that Dublin players are able to take hits better than opposition players.

You missed a fact.

Dublin are the only professional team playing against amatuer teams.
Please don't expect me to take you seriously when you attempt to debate in a Trump-style manner.

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on September 12, 2018, 03:41:57 PM

Given some of the stuff we've heard from Ewan and Parky etc. over the last while, one would surely have expected Dublin to be way out in front at the top of this list, but they aren't even top of it.

Remember much of Dublin's spending goes on hurling too, whereas several counties near the top of this list pay no more than lip sevice to whichever is the weaker game in their county.

This is pure dross in the context of these numbers being totally cooked in many cases given the salaries of management team members are not included among many other types of under the table payments and inducements and freebies, let alone the fact most counties outside of Dublin pay exorbitant mileage expenses just to assemble their panel for training.

Nevermind the fact that to believe your line you have to assume that the millions upon millions of grant money to Dublin did not benefit player and coach development in the county in any manner whatsoever. Since you have to then be of the opinion that money is an incredible waste in Dublin, why not give it to the rest and see what happens, eh?

Poor attempt, Sid. That exact same .jpg has been rubbished multiple times in this thread alone.

If other counties are cooking the books as you say, then their expenditure in this graph is being underestimated, which makes it look even worse for them and better for Dublin.

Trying to take one aspect (and out of context at that) because you know well my post rubbishes the 'narrative destoryer' that you billed that old .jpg as. My post stands well enough as is.
The fact is that the Dublin football team work harder than any other team in Ireland. Only Mayo come anywhere close.

"Why?"

You haven't addressed or attempted to dispute the four facts I've advanced.

I wonder why that is, actually, I'm only pulling your leg, of course I know.

It's because you know they are true and can't argue against them.

From the Bunker

"Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"

This is the line you get from most Dublin fans!

sid waddell

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 12, 2018, 03:43:31 PM
I have seen that Graph before but nobody could answer this, is this per team (football) or both the Adult Male senior teams in Football and Hurling combined?

It is supposed to be for both. However, as Syferus correctly points out, it is not remotely accurate. And even if the figures were somewhere close to correct (they are not), it is not a good relative indicator. Games cost money (travel, hotels, etc) - teams do not all have the same number in any given year, and not all teams travel similar distances. Training costs money - teams do not all stay in the championship for the same length of time, and not all have the exact same number of players claiming mileage costs.
Knowing from personal experience how an intercounty team sources money for it's needs, there is no way an accurate report could be put together. So much of it comes under the table from differing sources. Often with no county board knowledge.

Posters here need to stop quoting these figures. They are nonsense, pure and simple.

In a nutshell.

"They're not remotely accurate".

Yet nobody has explained how or why.

Unsupported statements are not arguments.

You'd think people would know this from even a cursory following of politics.

From the Bunker

Are you implying that the Dublin team are on Drugs?

sid waddell

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 12, 2018, 03:58:38 PM

Are you implying that the Dublin team are on Drugs?
You seem to be.

It would be the logical conclusion to this provincial whingefest.

shark

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 03:55:08 PM

In a nutshell.

You can choose to disagree with me, or just not believe me if you wish. There is no way in the world I am going to post detailed information on an anonymous message board. But I know from my own personal experience that one of those figures above is at least 30% lower than the reality. If that one figure that I have knowledge on is so far off the mark then what should I expect of the rest? Do you really think that the author of the piece that accompanied that graphic has detailed info on all the money that county teams spent? It was based on county board published figures. i.e, what the county board's spent. There are benefactors ploughing money in to many counties. Some known, some not known. I have seen this first hand. Much of that money is not accounted for above. Either you know this, but are clinging to it to back your argument, or you are extremely naive.

dublin7

You missed a fact.

That's true. How could Dublin people forget/claim the dubs players don't work ::) ::) ::) ::)

sid waddell

Quote from: shark on September 12, 2018, 04:09:13 PM

In a nutshell.

You can choose to disagree with me, or just not believe me if you wish. There is no way in the world I am going to post detailed information on an anonymous message board. But I know from my own personal experience that one of those figures above is at least 30% lower than the reality. If that one figure that I have knowledge on is so far off the mark then what should I expect of the rest? Do you really think that the author of the piece that accompanied that graphic has detailed info on all the money that county teams spent? It was based on county board published figures. i.e, what the county board's spent. There are benefactors ploughing money in to many counties. Some known, some not known. I have seen this first hand. Much of that money is not accounted for above. Either you know this, but are clinging to it to back your argument, or you are extremely naive.

Gemma?

shark

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 04:12:07 PM
Quote from: shark on September 12, 2018, 04:09:13 PM

In a nutshell.

Gemma?

Yes it's a massive conspiracy. Many counties are paying managers too. Would you believe it?

priceyreilly

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 03:50:22 PM

You missed a fact.

Please don't expect me to take you seriously when you attempt to debate in a Trump-style manner.

;D You can't even attempt to argue against the facts I've presented.

Franko

Quote from: sid waddell on September 12, 2018, 03:52:32 PM
Quote from: Franko on September 12, 2018, 03:41:57 PM

"Why?"

You haven't addressed or attempted to dispute the four facts I've advanced.

I wonder why that is, actually, I'm only pulling your leg, of course I know.

It's because you know they are true and can't argue against them.

Give me a shout when you've got an ACTUAL fact (with some evidence).  Cheers.

priceyreilly

Quote from: dublin7 on September 12, 2018, 04:11:00 PM

You missed a fact.

That's true. How could Dublin people forget/claim the dubs players don't work ::) ::) ::) ::)

Anything to say on the 2.5 million average pumped into Dublin underage structures?