Official Wii Thread

Started by stpauls, February 26, 2009, 03:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

don't see another thread for Wii users, so i figured i would start one!!  ;D

got one for my 30th there 2 weeks ago, and haven't had as much fun with a console ever.
does anyone else on here have one, and if so, what do you think of them?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: stpauls on February 26, 2009, 03:45:09 PM
don't see another thread for Wii users, so i figured i would start one!!  ;D

got one for my 30th there 2 weeks ago, and haven't had as much fun with a console ever.
does anyone else on here have one, and if so, what do you think of them?

Got one for christmas with Wii Fit which is very good, yoga is a strange thing, but it seems to be working.

Have also got TigerWoods all play and that new Snowbaording game(not played it yet)

So far so good.
Its Grim up North

stpauls

got the Wii in a deal with Wall-E, Lego Batman and Iron Man, but don't play them too much!!

bought COD 3 and House of the Dead, with gun accessory, it is great fun.

also got Maria Kart and Wii Fit for my birthday, which i am really enjoying.

Guitar Hero was got as well, and it so far is my favourite game!!

The Corporal

Absolutely hooked on Mario Kart at the min, especially playing online. It's some craic! It's great for playing all your mates online when you register each other.

Check out Smash Bros Brawl St Pauls, it's a great game too. Whats COD 3 like?

stpauls

COD 3 is not bad, only really played for a wee bit as i got hooked on GH and Mario Kart, so it has been shelved for the time being. will let you know when i start into it again.

The Corporal

A gaa board Mario Kart challenge would be great to organise over the Nintendo WFC

stpauls

Quote from: The Corporal on February 27, 2009, 09:52:28 AM
A gaa board Mario Kart challenge would be great to organise over the Nintendo WFC

i like the sound of that!!  ;D

the Deel Rover

got the wii for christmas and have to admit have had great crack playing the mario cart with my kids my 5 year old is deadly on it . Thinking of getting madden 09 American football
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Corporal

Quote from: stpauls on February 27, 2009, 09:53:31 AM

Maybe something could come of this. Certain members could host "open rooms" and then any1 that wants to join would just have to register that person as a friend and then bob's your uncle. Battle Mode would be savage fun

stpauls

Quote from: The Corporal on February 27, 2009, 10:37:36 AM

Maybe something could come of this. Certain members could host "open rooms" and then any1 that wants to join would just have to register that person as a friend and then bob's your uncle. Battle Mode would be savage fun

must admit, i haven't used the WFC yet, so not sure how to set it up.
Corporal, if want to create an open room, and set a time and date for the battle, i will mark it in my calendar!!  ;)

thebigfella

Mario Galaxy is one game everyone must buy if they own a Wii and the  only Wii game I have ever spent alot of time playing - one of only 6 games to ever get 10 out of 10 in Edge.

http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/edge-review-super-mario-galaxy

The Corporal

Quote from: stpauls on February 27, 2009, 10:48:46 AM
Quote from: The Corporal on February 27, 2009, 10:37:36 AM

must admit, i haven't used the WFC yet, so not sure how to set it up.
Corporal, if want to create an open room, and set a time and date for the battle, i will mark it in my calendar!!  ;)

We'd have to see if any1 on here would be up for it and see who all has MK. Would be happy to create an open room and challenge all gaa board members.

Big fella, i also own Mario Galaxy and have to admit its a brill game. Havent played it in ages tho as im stuck on a part and ive given up trying to get past it

Lazer

The Wii is not complete without Mariokart.

Got it for my birthday and asbolutely loving it!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

mrsandman

i also have a wii, mariokart is great craic! whether playing online or among a group. also got house of the dead 1 & 2....which i think are both terrible! also own mario galaxy...still in the process of completing it, but its very enjoyable! i bought fifa 09 jst before xmas, its a bit strange to get used 2 though, but imo its no were near the standard of fifa on either the ps3 or xbox. i got smash bros with the console but never really got into it, loads tell me it's great but i just cant get into it, i also got splinter cell, its a really old looking game and i never liked it from day one. i bought star wars just after xmas as well, it's not a bad game and worth a look at!
getting onto the wii shop is also worthwhile! i picked up a couple of classic games! streets of rage from the sega, the original mario from the first nintendo system and also mega man! great wee games!
it'd be good to hear any other suggestions for good games to buy ;D
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

stpauls

Quote from: Lazer on February 27, 2009, 12:34:52 PM
The Wii is not complete without Mariokart.

Got it for my birthday and asbolutely loving it!

i had it for the SNES and loved it and i was not disappointed when i got it for the Wii. brilliant game!