The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 08, 2019, 01:21:36 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on February 08, 2019, 11:36:24 AM
Quote from: screenexile on February 07, 2019, 04:36:54 PM
I don't think he did drop Henshaw he would definitely be ahead of Farrell in the centre!!

I can see where Sportacus is coming from but it would be a bit extreme to fake an injury to Henshaw to attempt to save face in getting Kearney back in as fullback. That would make its way into the public sphere in time if true.

Henshaw may well be injured and playing him at fullback the previous day out wasn't that successful but serious questions need asked of Sexton, Murray and Best as all three were well below par. If they are as poor and one dimensional again tomorrow I can the Scots beating us.

Best has been blowing hot and cold for a while now. The miles on the clock are starting to show and when you're bolloxed you're not going to have many straight throws into a lineout. Scotland are no pushovers but hopefully the Irish lads have been sufficiently stung from the English match to give them a bit of a battering.

That's if there's anything in the tank. Team don't look fresh to me.

It would be nice to see some vigour back in them.

Gmac

Interested to see how sean o Brien goes tomorrow are his best days behind him ?
The Scotls like to attack from all over the field but can't see Ireland playing along with them and expect Ireland to keep ball with the forwards and grind out the win 22-15

seafoid

I hope the bus arrives on time this time
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

bannside

IF, Ireland are to have any chance in the World Cup they should treat this year's 6 Nations like the way Jim Gavin treats the National League. Use it to develop the squad, try out tactics, etc, but don't be throwing the kitchen sink at it.

Joe Schmidts positive contribution and legacy to Irish Rugby will be largely judged on whether we can get to a world cup semi final at the very least later this year. Anything we get from a 6 Nations in a world cup year is a bonus, that's all.

Insane Bolt

Windy conditions today will be a great leveller. Apprehensive about this game.

From the Bunker

Quote from: bannside on February 09, 2019, 08:31:09 AM
IF, Ireland are to have any chance in the World Cup they should treat this year's 6 Nations like the way Jim Gavin treats the National League. Use it to develop the squad, try out tactics, etc, but don't be throwing the kitchen sink at it.

Joe Schmidts positive contribution and legacy to Irish Rugby will be largely judged on whether we can get to a world cup semi final at the very least later this year. Anything we get from a 6 Nations in a world cup year is a bonus, that's all.

I have a feeling he's already doing this!

Insane Bolt

Why the fcuk did Murray not go under posts😳

Insane Bolt

Insane Bolt

Insane Bolt

Game on again...Ireland look out on their feet

Solo_run

Not too sure why Quinn Roux is on the team. From what I have seen he is mediocre.

Carberry playing much like how Ireland played last week. I am questioning whether Ireland have bothered to show up for this week's game with two fortunate tries. If this was Wales or England then Ireland would be getting punished.

Ireland's passing game has been shicking, there have been too many mistakes made. The passes being made are too risky and they aren't keeping it tight.

The kicking game has been utterly crap. I'm actually worried that Scotland will come out and replicate Ireland's box kicking and beating them at it.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Solo_run on February 09, 2019, 03:00:42 PM
Not too sure why Quinn Roux is on the team. From what I have seen he is mediocre.

Carberry playing much like how Ireland played last week. I am questioning whether Ireland have bothered to show up for this week's game with two fortunate tries. If this was Wales or England then Ireland would be getting punished.

Ireland's passing game has been shicking, there have been too many mistakes made. The passes being made are too risky and they aren't keeping it tight.

The kicking game has been utterly crap. I'm actually worried that Scotland will come out and replicate Ireland's box kicking and beating them at it.

Ireland out of jail there a couple of times. They look leaderless

Sportacus

Stockdale having a great game, going forward and defence.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: Sportacus on February 09, 2019, 03:06:19 PM
Stockdale having a great game, going forward and defence.

Agree, having a blinder.

seafoid

Last year Ireland were lucky with the injuries. Not so much this year
It's really a who has the least injuries competition
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU