Time take Dublin out of Croke Park?

Started by TheMaster, February 09, 2019, 10:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oliverkelly

Quote from: dublin7 on March 03, 2019, 02:55:29 PM
Ref is giving frees for nothing and then ignoring blatant fouls. Pitch is a real leveller. Its loooks like players are playing on am ice rink. Anybody's game at this stage. Roscommon no 11 is a class act

Yeah Donies a very smashing footballer

delgany

Ref   having a shocker.   Shafting ros

Rudi

Standard of ref is truly shocking. The Dublin lads on the scoreboard end are making the calls for the ref.

manfromdelmonte

No wonder they win everything

Get away with everything off the ball, get every decision on the ball
The one for the 45 was bewildering
And Johnny Cooper got away with a few more pushes before the ball arrived. He must be invisible for referees

joemamas

Sometimes an I wonder if the referees in Dublin games are ultimately auditioning for an All-Ireland.
Same last week with Cassidy and the Johnny Cooper non black card.

NetNitrate

Though he gifted Dublin  scores today. Clear pick off the ground by CC and free in front of goal for Dublin. Dublin back handles on ground in front of Ros goal and he throws it up! And was Ros player pushed in back as he went to tap in open goal?

dublin7

Quote from: joemamas on March 03, 2019, 03:55:00 PM
Sometimes an I wonder if the referees in Dublin games are ultimately auditioning for an All-Ireland.

Cooper pulled Doherty back last week for the penalty. He didn't pull him down. Both are cynical but only the 2nd one is a black card. 1st Galway black card last night was given when the galway defender pulled Higgins back by the shirt so Mayo actually benefited from a ref's error. I assume you complained vociferously on the galway defenders behalf last night?

Definition of a black card should be reworded to cynical play rather than just pulling a player to the ground

shantygael

Should have been a free into Dublin just before the first Dublin goal as 3 rossies had arm locks all over Rock.. ref wasn't giving anything but luckily the ball spilled to o Callaghan  who scored. He was bad for both sides.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

joemamas

Quote from: dublin7 on March 03, 2019, 04:08:32 PM

Cooper pulled Doherty back last week for the penalty. He didn't pull him down. Both are cynical but only the 2nd one is a black card. 1st Galway black card last night was given when the galway defender pulled Higgins back by the shirt so Mayo actually benefited from a ref's error. I assume you complained vociferously on the galway defenders behalf last night?

Definition of a black card should be reworded to cynical play rather than just pulling a player to the ground

Thanks Doc, I mean tool.

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 03, 2019, 03:54:25 PM
No wonder they win everything

Get away with everything off the ball, get every decision on the ball
The one for the 45 was bewildering
And Johnny Cooper got away with a few more pushes before the ball arrived. He must be invisible for referees

The Bigger/Better teams always get the decisions, mostly because they have the ball more and because the Referee psychologically give them the benefit of the doubt.

Main Street

it was quite clear Roscommon were shafted by the ref.
Teams are not allowed to tackle Dublin with the same physical intensity that Dublin players are allowed to tackle.
I believe this was a motion passed at congress, because it was financially beneficial to the GAA to do so

Farrandeelin

Quote from: dublin7 on March 03, 2019, 04:08:32 PM

Agree with your second paragraph.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

dublin7

Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2019, 06:48:35 PM
Teams are not allowed to tackle Dublin with the same physical intensity that Dublin players are allowed to tackle.
I believe this was a motion passed at congress, because it was financially beneficial to the GAA to do so

Sure think of the money going to the county boards around the country thanks to the dubs supporters spending their hard earned money. 2/3 of the voters representing GAA members from all over the world seemed happy with that. Wasnt just the dubs delegates who voted to for the dubs to stay in croke park.

Roscommon only scored 3 points in the 2nd half and clearly ran out of steam. Dublin dominated midfield in the 2nd half. Some uncharacteristic wides from Dublin today though for Jim Gavin to work on in training. Great experience for the likes of Basquel, McDaid and Gavin to play in games like that Also good to see Gavin play well and give us another option in midfield come the summer. Win the last 2 games and its another test v Kerry in the final as the dubs scoring difference is far superior to anyone else in contention for 2nd place.

Gael85

Quote from: dublin7 on March 03, 2019, 07:17:32 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 03, 2019, 06:48:35 PM

Sure think of the money going to the county boards around the country thanks to the dubs supporters spending their hard earned money. 2/3 of the voters representing GAA members from all over the world seemed happy with that. Wasnt just the dubs delegates who voted to for the dubs to stay in croke park.

Roscommon only scored 3 points in the 2nd half and clearly ran out of steam. Dublin dominated midfield in the 2nd half. Some uncharacteristic wides from Dublin today though for Jim Gavin to work on in training. Great experience for the likes of Basquel, McDaid and Gavin to play in games like that Also good to see Gavin play well and give us another option in midfield come the summer. Win the last 2 games and its another test v Kerry in the final as the dubs scoring difference is far superior to anyone else in contention for 2nd place.

Very happy with Darren Gavin development in the middle. Prefer to have James McCarthy at wing back.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: dublin7 on March 03, 2019, 02:55:29 PM
Ref is giving frees for nothing and then ignoring blatant fouls. Pitch is a real leveller. Its loooks like players are playing on am ice rink. Anybody's game at this stage. Roscommon no 11 is a class act

Pitch wasn't the problem. It was lashing with rain all game and in those conditions its hard to keep on your feet and control the ball regardless of where the game was played.