Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

omochain

Quote from: whitey on September 13, 2018, 02:55:24 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on September 13, 2018, 02:40:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 13, 2018, 02:39:19 PM
Quote from: dec on September 13, 2018, 01:56:22 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 13, 2018, 03:38:49 AM
I had to do my own research to find out that such transfers are actually commonplace within Governmental Agencies, and I also had to do my own research to find out what FEMAs budget is relative to the $10,000,000 transferred

Really?

Here is an NPR article that mentions the total FEMA budget.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/647021316/trump-administration-transferred-9-8-million-from-fema-to-ice

Here is a CNN article that mentions the "reprogramming" of funding that has happened between different DHS departments over multiple years.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/politics/ice-more-money-fema-dhs/index.html

ARTICLES

I said I was WATCHING not reading

Between 6 am and 9 am I saw this report on several channels and NOT ONE provided this context.

It's a conspiracy 😂😂

Your words not mine.

I would say it's incomplete information, lacking any context or perspective which is being used to drive a false narrative.

I imagine such transfers also took place under the Obama Administration as it seems to be a common practise. I dont remember seeing any headline and fomenting about that

Whitey:
The Trump White House moved $10 million from FEMA budget and another 29 million from the Coast Guard to fund incarcerating immigrant families..... which part of that is confusing. Yet you continue to obfuscate and pull false equivalence out of your a$$.

whitey

Quote from: omochain on September 14, 2018, 04:34:20 AM
Quote from: whitey on September 13, 2018, 02:55:24 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on September 13, 2018, 02:40:51 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 13, 2018, 02:39:19 PM
Quote from: dec on September 13, 2018, 01:56:22 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 13, 2018, 03:38:49 AM
I had to do my own research to find out that such transfers are actually commonplace within Governmental Agencies, and I also had to do my own research to find out what FEMAs budget is relative to the $10,000,000 transferred

Really?

Here is an NPR article that mentions the total FEMA budget.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/647021316/trump-administration-transferred-9-8-million-from-fema-to-ice

Here is a CNN article that mentions the "reprogramming" of funding that has happened between different DHS departments over multiple years.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/politics/ice-more-money-fema-dhs/index.html

ARTICLES

I said I was WATCHING not reading

Between 6 am and 9 am I saw this report on several channels and NOT ONE provided this context.

It's a conspiracy 😂😂

Your words not mine.

I would say it's incomplete information, lacking any context or perspective which is being used to drive a false narrative.

I imagine such transfers also took place under the Obama Administration as it seems to be a common practise. I dont remember seeing any headline and fomenting about that

Whitey:
The Trump White House moved $10 million from FEMA budget and another 29 million from the Coast Guard to fund incarcerating immigrant families..... which part of that is confusing. Yet you continue to obfuscate and pull false equivalence out of your a$$.

They implied that it was significant (6/100 of 1%) unprecedented (happens all the time) and that it somehow would hinder the relief efforts of the impending disaster.

All complete bvllshit and a brazen effort to intentionally mislead people

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on September 14, 2018, 12:40:26 PM

They implied that it was significant, unprecedented and that it somehow would hinder the relief efforts of the impending disaster.

White, it has taken them a while but it seems as if the opposition has taken a leaf out of your teams book.

The sooner this whole nutjobs in the wings runming the show phase of US politics is over and there is a return to the center, and the well being of the American people is at the heart of anyone electable's strategy the better.

I think we are a bit short of that for now, and with the continuing tweets and press statements coming from 1600 Pennsylvania avenue making me year for the much more believable days of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf.

On the bright side, in the long run, we are all dead...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on September 15, 2018, 03:50:26 AM
Quote from: whitey on September 14, 2018, 12:40:26 PM

They implied that it was significant, unprecedented and that it somehow would hinder the relief efforts of the impending disaster.

White, it has taken them a while but it seems as if the opposition has taken a leaf out of your teams book.

The sooner this whole nutjobs in the wings runming the show phase of US politics is over and there is a return to the center, and the well being of the American people is at the heart of anyone electable's strategy the better.

I think we are a bit short of that for now, and with the continuing tweets and press statements coming from 1600 Pennsylvania avenue making me year for the much more believable days of Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf.

On the bright side, in the long run, we are all dead...

I'm sick to fvckin death of the lot of them......that's why I supported Bernie in 2016.

At least he calls it as he sees it. I disagree with him more than I agree with him but his intentions and agenda was rock solid

I also see the NY Times had to do a walk back on a disgraceful Nikki Haley "hit job". The only problem is that the curtains were ordered by the Obama administration in 2016. A blatant and disgraceful attempt to smear one of he few decent people Trump has working for him

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/new-york-times-nikki-haley-curtains-story-correction-2018-9

J70

They issued a correction, as they should have.

I'd agree Haley is intelligent and appears to have a hell of a lot more integrity and principles than the rest of them.

However, extravagant spending and abuse of taxpayer money has kind of been a theme of Trump's cabinet. Zinke, Price, Pruitt, Mnuchin, and the FEMA lad this week, off the top of my head.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2018, 02:30:44 PM

I'd agree Haley is intelligent and appears to have a hell of a lot more integrity and principles than the rest of them.

However, extravagant spending and abuse of taxpayer money has kind of been a theme of Trump's cabinet. Zinke, Price, Pruitt, Mnuchin, and the FEMA lad this week, off the top of my head.

A correction, (but not an apology from what I can tell).

And it wasnt like they were correcting a MISTAKE.....it was an intentional and deliberate attempt at  misrepresentation. 

As ive said here a thousand times, i believe about  as much of what i read in the NY Times as I do of what I read on Breitbart

Maybe the Times sees Haley as a threat to Elizabeth Warren down the road and are trying to get out in front of her

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 15, 2018, 02:40:33 PM

And it wasnt like they were correcting a MISTAKE.....it was an intentional and deliberate attempt at  misrepresentation. 

As ive said here a thousand times, i believe about  as much of what i read in the NY Times as I do of what I read on Breitbart

Maybe the Times sees Haley as a threat to Elizabeth Warren down the road and are trying to get out in front of her

I haven't seen the original article.

In what way was it an "intentional and deliberate attempt at misrepresentation"?

Hardy

And each time I marvel at your enthusiasm in displaying your stupidity in this manner. False equivalence writ large.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2018, 02:45:28 PM

In what way was it an "intentional and deliberate attempt at misrepresentation"?

Because they led with a headline and a picture of Nikki Haley, yet nonchalantly admitted deep down in the body of the article that it in fact was a decision made back in 2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/09/14/new-york-times-wrongs-nikki-haley-with-curtain-headline/?utm_term=.dc7101fca66b

J70

Quote from: whitey on September 15, 2018, 03:04:28 PM

Because they led with a headline and a picture of Nikki Haley, yet nonchalantly admitted deep down in the body of the article that it in fact was a decision made back in 2016

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2018/09/14/new-york-times-wrongs-nikki-haley-with-curtain-headline/?utm_term=.dc7101fca66b

Fair enough.

Sensational headline (which I would hope someone got a serious bollocking for, because, what's the point, even if you didn't care about honesty, especially with the Trump admin's proven record?) but if you read the actual article you'd find that while she is the first to use it, it was ordered by Obama's people.

I honestly hadn't heard a single word about this before you brought it up.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on September 15, 2018, 04:08:29 PM
Quote from: whitey on September 15, 2018, 03:04:28 PM

Fair enough.

Sensational headline (which I would hope someone got a serious bollocking for, because, what's the point, even if you didn't care about honesty, especially with the Trump admin's proven record?) but if you read the actual article you'd find that while she is the first to use it, it was ordered by Obama's people.

I honestly hadn't heard a single word about this before you brought it up.

As i have said from day 1, theres enough legitimate stuff to be outraged about......theres no need to make stuff up.

Making stuff up just helps Trump......told you so...NY Times.......FAKE NEWS!

On another note, if Kavanaugh gets on the Supreme Court next week, most conservatives I know will view this administration as a resounding success