Would Dublin beat Ulster?

Started by Under Lights, September 03, 2018, 04:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

In a series of five games who would win more- Dublin or the pick of Ulster- ie Beggan, Harte, Hampsey, Murphy, Paddy McB, No-one from Derry, etc

gander

unless the ulster team train together for a long time, dublin would win all of them

Under Lights

God, I don't think so- Ulster would win that with 8 weeks prep I would say. Imagine the strongest team.

The Hill is Blue

During the early 1960s there was an annual game between the All Ireland champions and a Rest of Ireland selection. As far as I know the All Ireland champions usually won.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

BallyhaiseMan

What do you mean no-one from Derry etc,Chrissy McKaigue is one of the best backs in Ireland and is every bit as good as any of the elite Dublin backs.
An Ulster Select would beat Dublin in 100 games out of 100.
You're talking about the Cream of Tyrone,Monaghan and Donegal,3 of the top 6/8 sides in the country for a start  and each of the other 6 teams has outstanding players aswell.
Dublin are a fantastic team,undoubtedly one of the best ever, but the hype is getting ridiculous.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Under Lights

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 03, 2018, 04:52:17 PM
What do you mean no-one from Derry etc,Chrissy McKaigue is one of the best backs in Ireland and is every bit as good as any of the elite Dublin backs.
You're talking about the Cream of Tyrone,Monaghan and Donegal,3 of the top 6/8 sides in the country for a start  and each of the other 6 teams has outstanding players aswell.
Dublin are a fantastic team,undoubtedly one of the best ever, but the hype is getting ridiculous.

I know, that's why I am asking if Dublin could beat Ulster as opposed to the other way around.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Under Lights on September 03, 2018, 04:59:10 PM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 03, 2018, 04:52:17 PM

I know, that's why I am asking if Dublin could beat Ulster as opposed to the other way around.

Apologies then,if you thought i was attacking you, picked it up wrong.

imtommygunn

BHMan McKaigue wouldn't even make their team. Excellent as he is he's not at that level.

The other 31 counties would be lucky to beat Dublin never mind just 9.

AQMP

A scratch Ulster team wouldn't have a prayer against the Dubs.  Maybe if they trained together for a couple of years they might have a chance.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

The Ulster panel would all have to get jobs and live within a few miles of each other.
Would need to train together for a year and then play in the NFL.
Or the 31 other Counties could bring a Motion to Congress requiring Dublin to field 4 teams in the SFC based on the 4 Local Authority areas.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Would there be any McGourtys playing?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Over the Bar

If Lane or Dublin Joe were refereeing Dublin would win them all