Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p3427977

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on May 11, 2023, 07:41:54 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 11, 2023, 07:14:21 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 11, 2023, 06:52:19 PM
A spokesperson for the PSNI said: "Police have investigated a number of reported incidents and files have been submitted to the Public Prosecution Service."

It is understood the PPS received two investigation files from the PSNI in January 2022 and June 2022.

After all the available evidence in these files was considered in line with the PPS Code for Prosecutors, it was determined there was insufficient evidence to provide a reasonable prospect of conviction for any offence in relation to any individual.

Decisions not to prosecute any individual were issued in January 2022 and September 2022.

So they investigated and found nothing?

No. They investigated and found enough to provide a file to the PPS who decided they did not have enough to go further.
That's a mile away from nothing.
But wouldn't they have to provide a file anyway? Can they legitimately tell the victim it's not going to the PPS?

gallsman

Quote from: p3427977 on May 11, 2023, 07:35:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 07:21:16 PM

Is that what it says?

Quote from: uimhr ocht on May 11, 2023, 07:09:49 PM
Gallsman wants Gallagher hung, drawn, and quartered,no winners in this sorry episode for Doire Gaa,Gallagher,or his family, enough said

At no point have I said anything of the sort.
Isn't that normal process though? Doesn't everything have to go through the PPS? What would the PSNI said differently?

The cops can investigate and find nothing. They'll only forward a file to the DPP if they think there's something there. The decision to prosecute or not is the DPP's.

Otherwise, using the example from earlier, any gobshite can abuse anyone of anything and a file would be sent to the prosecutor.

p3427977

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 07:44:02 PM

Is that what it says?

Gallsman wants Gallagher hung, drawn, and quartered,no winners in this sorry episode for Doire Gaa,Gallagher,or his family, enough said

Isn't that normal process though? Doesn't everything have to go through the PPS? What would the PSNI said differently?

The cops can investigate and find nothing. They'll only forward a file to the DPP if they think there's something there. The decision to prosecute or not is the DPP's.

Otherwise, using the example from earlier, any gobshite can abuse anyone of anything and a file would be sent to the prosecutor.
Cheers. Was genuinely unsure.

greatpoint

Are you related to Gallagher or something? Why are you so keen to stop others discussing this? Very strange.

themac_23

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 07:44:02 PM

Is that what it says?

That's 100% wrong. The police will send the file to the PPS regardless, in fact, they have no real power. The police in this case would provide the file with a recommendation. For prosecution or no prosecution. Even in the case of police recommending no prosecution the PPS can still decide to go through with it.

Sportacus

I still can't see a way for him to be on the line on Sunday. He's a public figure in a leadership role with a massive question mark against him.  He should be stood aside until a way forward is found. Implausible that he's running up and down roaring at people on Sunday.

imtommygunn

It can't happen. I could see there being protests and tbh I think there are real safety and security concerns here too more so for him. The GAA , and Derry, have a huge or problem here innocent or guilty wrt pr. This has to be dealt with before Sunday and it has taken long enough.

Tubberman

Sounds like the heels are being dug in by Gallagher and Derry. I expect him to be on the sideline on Sunday, and it will be a very bad look for Derry and the GAA.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Going back to the Ulster rugby rape  trial the media attention involved generated huge interest in the female population and Paddy Jackson never played for Ireland again.
Giggsy lost his job as Wales manager. His retrial for domestic abuse is scheduled for July.
The stakes are huge. Women will mobilise. Rory Gallagher would be better off doing a deal now.

Mourne Red

If he stood along the line last year when police investigation was ongoing and Derry Co Board did nothing then they'll do nothing now - RG be on the line Sunday imo the way today has developed.. But you'd be sure some abuse be thrown his way if he carries own like he usually does during games

Tony Baloney

How does a fella get away with something like that for so long without getting filled in by a brother, friend, father or cousin? I wouldn't last 2 mins if I cuffed the wife.

God14

Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2023, 08:28:30 PM
Going back to the Ulster rugby rape  trial the media attention involved generated huge interest in the female population and Paddy Jackson never played for Ireland again.
Giggsy lost his job as Wales manager. His retrial for domestic abuse is scheduled for July.
The stakes are huge. Women will mobilise. Rory Gallagher would be better off doing a deal now.

That's my take on it. Derry seem to think get Sunday outta the way and this becomes yesterdays news
But this things only getting started.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: God14 on May 11, 2023, 08:38:19 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2023, 08:28:30 PM

That's my take on it. Derry seem to think get Sunday outta the way and this becomes yesterdays news
But this things only getting started.
The #IBelieveHer hashtag is already on the go.

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2023, 08:22:48 PM
It can't happen. I could see there being protests and tbh I think there are real safety and security concerns here too more so for him. The GAA , and Derry, have a huge or problem here innocent or guilty wrt pr. This has to be dealt with before Sunday and it has taken long enough.

I can't really see a way for RG to be on the sideline on Sunday either. I won't discuss the details of the allegations as I don't know if they're true, false, partially true.... . The wains in the middle of this current shitstorm, and judging by the statements, historical trauma, God love them, brutal

On the game itself, whether it's the allegations, the shortage of tickets, Ulster Council giving the drunken louts the red carpet onto the Hill at the expense of the families with kids, prob a combination of the lot, mad to say it but atm I've no real appetite for the Ulster Final

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 07:40:58 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2023, 07:34:18 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on May 11, 2023, 06:52:19 PM
A spokesperson for the PSNI said: "Police have investigated a number of reported incidents and files have been submitted to the Public Prosecution Service."

It is understood the PPS received two investigation files from the PSNI in January 2022 and June 2022.

After all the available evidence in these files was considered in line with the PPS Code for Prosecutors, it was determined there was insufficient evidence to provide a reasonable prospect of conviction for any offence in relation to any individual.

Decisions not to prosecute any individual were issued in January 2022 and September 2022.

They didn't feel they had enough evidence. That does not correspond to what Rory Gallagher implied. Nothing was definitively settled.
That is where things are.

David McK can probably clarify the technicalities but the DPP won't prosecute unless they believe there is a likelihood of a conviction.

This is no way means "no evidence" or "they investigated and found nothing" like some people assist to believe.

He of course remains innocent until proven guilty.
In the legal system.
But even if he wins a court case he may become unemployable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWCL3Mx6z2w