Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

He wont be along the line on Sunday. Just cant see it.
Assume moves will be made, someone will step in and i couldnt see him being allowed to be present.

jmk

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2023, 03:25:35 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 03:21:13 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2023, 03:14:47 PM
This isn't going away and pleads of let's get back to football won't work.
TV on Sunday has to discuss this in the build up. Ignoring it makes them at best look like clowns, at worst complicit in how DV is covered up and dealt with in Ireland.

I'd love nothing more than to wind up the Armagh legion on here, believe me but this is front page news and will pull people into the discussion who wouldn't know who or what was happening on Sunday.

TV cannot touch this with a bargepole, RTE or BBC would be sued into the next millennium and they know it.

What is there too discuss on TV and to what end? RTE in particular have been sued for libel numerous times.

The baying mob on here need to get a grip

It's front page news! I can't see how they can ignore it.
The media can talk about domestic violence and how sporting organisations react to them.
The story was on the front page of THe Irish News this morning without naming him, but he has since confirmed that the alligations are about him.
As long as they do not make statements saying he is guilty what would be the case for libel.

smelmoth

TV on Sunday has to discuss this in the build up. Ignoring it makes them at best look like clowns, at worst complicit in how DV is covered up and dealt with in Ireland.

I'd love nothing more than to wind up the Armagh legion on here, believe me but this is front page news and will pull people into the discussion who wouldn't know who or what was happening on Sunday.

TV cannot touch this with a bargepole, RTE or BBC would be sued into the next millennium and they know it.

What is there too discuss on TV and to what end? RTE in particular have been sued for libel numerous times.

It leads the BBC NI news. How is that not touching it with a barge pole??

I would be confident that BBC won't be doing fan vox pops but not mentioning the manager not turning up or the manager turning up and it having a material impact on the atmosphere would be impossible.

Clones is a dump. The game is there because of the atmosphere. Not mentioning the atmosphere would be impossible. Watching the Armagh vs Down there was significant comment on the atmosphere and not just during the Orla Bannon pitchside stuff.

I really can't see where you are coming from on this one.

The interviews with the Ladies after there came could be interesting.

High Fielder

Gallagher has a Residence Order for the 3 children. That says a lot to me. I'm not disbelieving the girl, but those looking to burn Gallagher are premature. There's s lot more to this story than that Facebook post imo

clonian

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 11, 2023, 03:31:05 PM
All be sorted if RG shows some thought to Derry GAA and removes himself from the circus. It won't go away as a result. But defuses the atmosphere for Sunday to a degree. I think that's the fairest way from all parties. From speaking to a few Derry wans, they aren't keen to have him on the line. And some of the posters on here seem to be the same. There's enough doubt now and imo he shouldn't be there. Think it's time for him to read the room a bit better and put Derry first.

Derry should be thinking about their reputation if something goes off on Sunday. He's been known to give players and opposition managers shit before all this comes out, a reaction could on Sunday could cause all sorts. I noticed him roaring something at Conor McManus against Monaghan, I think Conor Laverty and him were at it in the McKenna Cup if I remember correctly.
You can bury your head in the sand all you want but if you think some (not all) Armagh players are not already thinking of something to say to him or the Derry players you're mad. As for the shit he'll get from behind the wire...
And I don't mean that as a dig at Armagh, every county/club would be at it ffs

armaghniac

Quote from: High Fielder on May 11, 2023, 03:43:07 PM
Gallagher has a Residence Order for the 3 children. That says a lot to me. I'm not disbelieving the girl, but those looking to burn Gallagher are premature. There's s lot more to this story than that Facebook post imo

The post from his wife mentioned that she had turned to alcohol, this would clearly be an issue if she was seeking custody of the children. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

full moon

Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 03:41:17 PM

I would be confident that BBC won't be doing fan vox pops but not mentioning the manager not turning up or the manager turning up and it having a material impact on the atmosphere would be impossible.

Clones is a dump. The game is there because of the atmosphere. Not mentioning the atmosphere would be impossible. Watching the Armagh vs Down there was significant comment on the atmosphere and not just during the Orla Bannon pitchside stuff.

There is a difference between careful reporting on the news ala the papers and some sort of circus act debate on TV football pundits which was some posters seem to be clamouring for.

I think some on here just love the drama of this and the chance to destroy a man they already dislike while feeling morally righteous.

Wildweasel74

The amount of newbie posters on here, tad suspect. Residency order in most cases no issue, though I know one close to a friend was based on pure lies. Which actually didnt have to be proven, as hard as that is to believe. Wrong word to a social worker out context could sink you.

Mario

Quote from: clonian on May 11, 2023, 03:47:06 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 11, 2023, 03:31:05 PM
All be sorted if RG shows some thought to Derry GAA and removes himself from the circus. It won't go away as a result. But defuses the atmosphere for Sunday to a degree. I think that's the fairest way from all parties. From speaking to a few Derry wans, they aren't keen to have him on the line. And some of the posters on here seem to be the same. There's enough doubt now and imo he shouldn't be there. Think it's time for him to read the room a bit better and put Derry first.

Derry should be thinking about their reputation if something goes off on Sunday. He's been known to give players and opposition managers shit before all this comes out, a reaction could on Sunday could cause all sorts. I noticed him roaring something at Conor McManus against Monaghan, I think Conor Laverty and him were at it in the McKenna Cup if I remember correctly.
You can bury your head in the sand all you want but if you think some (not all) Armagh players are not already thinking of something to say to him or the Derry players you're mad. As for the shit he'll get from behind the wire...
And I don't mean that as a dig at Armagh, every county/club would be at it ffs
If he is along the line the atmosphere will be mental. Can you imagine the game in the melting pot 2nd half, sell out crowd and Gallagher up to his usual antics.

trailer

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 03:52:23 PM

There is a difference between careful reporting on the news ala the papers and some sort of circus act debate on TV football pundits which was some posters seem to be clamouring for.

I think some on here just love the drama of this and the chance to destroy a man they already dislike while feeling morally righteous.

It should be a debate on Derry's preparation which has been overshowed by these allegations. How will it have affected the camp? That is a question I would expect to be asked at the very least.

If Rory had some credit in the bank, perhaps he was a little more reserved. Perhaps if he held values of the GAA closer to his heart, like community, volunteerism. If he was more of a sportsman, then maybe some people might like him a little more.

full moon

It says a lot to me also, anyone with knowledge of legal system knows how rare it is for fathers to get custody of children over mothers. Rarely ever happens.

But heres an element in society now that think that anything a woman says is gospel truth and much be treated as such, and screw the legal system or actual evidence, nothing but mob mentality on social media, with keyboards instead of pitchforks.

High Fielder

Quote from: armaghniac on May 11, 2023, 03:51:52 PM

The post from his wife mentioned that she had turned to alcohol, this would clearly be an issue if she was seeking custody of the children.

100%. It's much harder for a man to get full custody of the kids, and even harder if there is even a hint of domestic abuse. As I said, I'm not disbelieving either story until I see all the facts. I could certainly see a scenario where it would do more harm than good for Gallagher to outright deny/refute the allegations. He is after all dealing with the situation personally

High Fielder

Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 04:00:45 PM
It says a lot to me also, anyone with knowledge of legal system knows how rare it is for fathers to get custody of children over mothers. Rarely ever happens.

But heres an element in society now that think that anything a woman says is gospel truth and much be treated as such, and screw the legal system or actual evidence, nothing but mob mentality on social media, with keyboards instead of pitchforks.

100%

Wildweasel74

full moon

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2023, 03:59:46 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 11, 2023, 03:52:23 PM

It should be a debate on Derry's preparation which has been overshowed by these allegations. How will it have affected the camp? That is a question I would expect to be asked at the very least.

Thats a question that will probably be discussed in the pubs in Clones and elsewhere, not on national TV!

QuoteIf Rory had some credit in the bank, perhaps he was a little more reserved. Perhaps if he held values of the GAA closer to his heart, like community, volunteerism. If he was more of a sportsman, then maybe some people might like him a little more.

I think thats an unfair comment, I'm sure he's volunteered as much hours of his time as anyone on this board. I think it's obvious you and many others already really dislike the man for sideline antics.