NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

Well Rivers did enough for me last night to clinch the win though I must admit its tough on Deel Rover to rack up such a good score (with McFadden on the bench) and not get the win.

Shonn Greene's two fumbles last night could turn out to be very interesting for me.

Good craic next weekend for me with Bears v. Cowboys on Sky. It being All-Ireland Sunday it might not be very practical for me to get to watch it.

The Iceman

when will the waivers go through?

does anyone even want to trade? I've sent out decent offers and nobody interested.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Montana Conference - Week 1 Roundup

Well, week 1 is in the books, and we are off and running again. We had some good matchups, and some surprising (good and bad) individual performance during the week, which started all the way back last Thursday.

Faithful Turfmen 119.87 - 109.59 O'Neill's Chargers

The Turfmen held out for an unlikely win, as the Chargers' Shonn Greene suffered with the rest of the New York Jets offense against the Baltimore Ravens on Monday night. Leading by just over 10 points coming into the last day's game, the Turfmen were relying on Shonn Greene to be held by Ray Lewis and the Ravens, and it came to pass. Greene contributed a measly 0.35 points as the Ravens held him to 18 yards rushing on just 6 touches, including a fumble. Surprisingly enough LT actually got most of the work for the Jets in Week 1, whatever that might mean. The Turfmen had a weak display from Matt Schaub, as the Texans stayed on the ground to beat the Colts behind Arian Foster, but Greg Jennings (WR-GB 15.10 points), Hines Ward (WR-PIT 13.40 points), and the New England Defense (22 points) made up for steady but unspectacular returns from Adrian Peterson, Justin Forsett and Carnel Williams.The Chargers would have felt confident when Jay Cutler (QB-CHI) weighed in with 16.54 points, and there were similar returns from Steve Smith (WR-CAR, 14.75 points), Jeremy Maclin (WR-PHI, 12.45 points), Rashard Mendenhall (RB-PIT, 16.75 points), Ronnie Brown (RB-MIA, 12.25 points) and the Green Bay Defense with 14 points. However, this matchup was a textbook case of Stars and Scrubs losing out to consistent solidity of the Turfmen. the Turfmen's lowest total was 6 points on the individual defense, while Chargers had 6 players with less than that. It all added up to a tight victory for the Turfmen in this inter divisional battle.

The Royal Badgers 80.27 - 126.09 New York Jets IV
A solid start for the Jets IV, and a good 45+ point victory as they overpowered the Badgers in this matchup of East and West Division teams. A feature of the Jets' performance was the solid output from the individual defense players, who contributed 34 points between them, including a pair of 12 spots from Bernard Pollard (S-HOU) and Osi Umenyiora (DE-NYG). This bolstered an already solid showing from Tom Brady (QB-NE, 19.16), Roddy White (WR-ATL, 20.55), Donald Driver (WR-GB, 13.50), Vernon Davis (TE-SF, 11.65 points) and the Eagles Defense (10 points). The Badgers couldn't really match that pace, despite a huge effort from Chris Johnson (RB-TEN). CJ2K ran for 142 yards and 2 TDs in a 25.50 point effort, but a disappointing return from all bar Jahvid Best (RB-DET, 18.80) on his team spelled defeat and an 0-1 start for the Badgers.

Craigyhill Terrors 91.61 - 105.94 RedBolts MightyOaks
A North South division match this time, and a pretty close affair in reality, which was probably decided by the contrasting performance of the quarterbacks. Whereas the MightyOaks were able to call upon San Diego signal caller Philip Rivers (16.21 points), the Terrors had the misfortune of seeing their QB (Matt Stafford of the Lions) go down with a seperated shoulder and a grand total of -0.34 points. Given the fact tht the difference in the end was just over 14 points, the importance of a swing of 16.55 at QB is self evident. Elsewhere, it was very even, with Visanthe Shiancoe (TE-MIN, 13.80), Dez Bryant (WR-DAL, 11.08 points) and the Jets Defense (17 points) top scoring for the MightyOaks, while Brandon Marshall (WR-MIA, 10.65), Frank Gore (RB-SF, 10.15), Knowshon Moreno (RB-DEN, 10.20), Darren McFadden (RB-OAK, 19.50) and the Giants D (20 points) did their stuff for the Terrors.

Galway Bay Tribesmen 147.56 - Ruthless Rossies 100.60
This clash of East and West division teams was notable for featuring the top scoring team in the Montana Conference as the Tribesmen amassed over 147 points. Despite the relatuvely high totals, the tie was never really in doubt once the early games were over on Sunday. The reason is that both Peyton Manning (QB-IND) and Matt Forte (RB-CHI) went fantasy mad. Manning contributed 29.66 points in the Colts' losing effort against the Texans, while Matt Forte's receiving threat was well in evidence as he chalked up 31.05 points in the win over the Lions. The Tribesmen had a couple of mediocre performances to go with the big two, but Tim Hightower (RB-ARI, 10.70 points (despite two stupid fumbles)), Neil Rackers (K-HOU), the Miami D (15 points) and Rams S Oshiomogho Atogwe (12 points) all contributed heavily to the win. For the Rossies it was more a case of even distribution with only 3 big time returns. Miles Austin lived up to his billing as a #1 type receiver for the Cowboys with 25.30 in a losing effort against the Redskins and another NFC East player, Trent Cole (DE-PHI) added 10 points. The last notable contribution was the Bears D with 12 points, and that was never going to be enough to reel in such a big score from the Tribesmen.

hegan's helmets 136.68 - Big Apple Orchards 86.92
Hegan's helmets gave the Tribesmen a run for their money in this 50 point demolition of perennial front runner, Big Apple Orchards. It may have been a North-South division match, but it was never really a battle as the helmets had far too much for the Orchards. Given the fact that the helmets had Kevin Kolb (QB-PHI) knocked out after only 0.53 points, and went into battle with only 2 individual defenses, it makes their performance all the more impressive. Of course, having an absolutely monster performance from Houston Running Back Arian Foster will help, as the second year undrafted Tennessee Volunteer absolutely tore up the Colts to the tune of 231 running yards and 3 TDs, for an eye popping 39.90 points. Marry that with 17.95 points from old reliable Reggie Wayne (WR-IND), 15.10 points from Eagles RB LeSean McCoy, 21 points from Dallas Clark (TE-IND), 12 points from Mason Crosby (K-GB) and 13 points from a Ravens 'D' that looked like the Ravens D, and it's easy to see where the win came from. Mind you, that Colts-Texans game was particularly good to the helmets as it produced 85.6 of the helmets' points. The Orchards had some valiant battlers, but Eli Manning (QB-NYG, 13.16), LArry Fitzgerald (WR-ARI, 11.15), Adrian Wilson (S-ARI, 18,00) and Mathias Kiwanuka (DE-NYG, 15.00) were unable to inspire the full team to deliver enough.

Shower of Tramps 88.82 - CAPT PATs VIKINGS 99.06
The only game of the week to not feature a 100 point team, albeit falling only .94 short, saw Capt Pat's Vikings hold onto an 10+ point win over the Tramps, depite not fielding a kicker. Joe Flacco (QB-BAL) hardly inspired the Vikings either, as he was held to 2.06 points by the tough Jets 'D', but ironically his WR Anquin Boldin ended up with 14.50 points in the same game. Antonio Gate (TE-SD), the Chargers fantasy banker had 14.80 points while the Tennessee Defense had 19 points in the only other 10 point plus performance for the winners. The Tramps only had two defensive performances to be pleased about, as the Steelers D contributed 13 points, to go with the individual performance of Shaun Ellis (DE-NYJ) and his 11 points. Not enough, unfortunately for the Tramps, and they find themselves 0-1 after the first week.

The Curragh Rams 75.89 - 103.81 Smackdown Clowns
The dubious honour of the lowest score of the week falls to the Curragh Rams as the Kildare men continue to experience a miserable late summer. Chad Ochocinco (WR-CIN) did his best to carry the load with 29.95 points in a great effort, but only Tony Romo (QB-DAL) and his 11.64 came close to doing enough to help him. On the Clowns' side, it wasn't sensational but it was more than enough to seal a 28 point victory as everyone's favourite sleeper Hakeem Nicks (WR-NYG) awoke spectacularly with 25.75 points in a 3 TD effort against the hapless Panthers. Pierre Thomas (RB-NO) conributed 13.30 points while Jamaal Charles (RB-KC) had a nice 12 point effor on Monday night. Ahmad Bradshaw was solid with the Giants' RB picking up 12.65 points in the same game that Nicks owned, and that combination was the difference for the Clowns as they got away to a 1-0 start.

Payton Conference to follow...

Capt Pat

I got the win with the lowest score. After not having a kicker and Flacco getting very low points against the jets and no points from simms walker and very low production from my running backs. I don't know how I got through.

turk

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 14, 2010, 05:22:44 PM
I got the win with the lowest score. After not having a kicker and Flacco getting very low points against the jets and no points from simms walker and very low production from my running backs. I don't know how I got through.

It's because my clowns were even worse!!  ;D

ceiphas50

Wish  i got hammered, looks like ryan grant is done for the season & i'm 12th on the waiver wire :'(
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

GalwayBayBoy

Can anyone explain why I was 1st in waivers yesterday (after getting the last pick in the draft) and now I'm 14th today? What the feck is that all about?

Plus what happens if I put in a claim when I was in 1st yet today I'm back in 14th? How does that work?

turk

I think it is different this year in that the lads at the bottom of the league get the first pick in the waivers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 14, 2010, 04:13:02 PM
Well Rivers did enough for me last night to clinch the win though I must admit its tough on Deel Rover to rack up such a good score (with McFadden on the bench) and not get the win.

Shonn Greene's two fumbles last night could turn out to be very interesting for me.

Good craic next weekend for me with Bears v. Cowboys on Sky. It being All-Ireland Sunday it might not be very practical for me to get to watch it.

well done seanie , i'm really looking forward to this weeks games against bombidal  ;D seem to recall him saying a year or 2 ago that if you couldn't win with Brady in your team then you should forgot about it itf thats the case i haven't a chance as he has Brady and welker  :o
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

No he doesn't. Bombidal is Carlow for Sam 2011. He has McNabb at QB.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2010, 09:55:38 AM

apologies , i don't know who i'm playing then  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Payton Conference - Week 1 Roundup

Faithful Turfmen 'B' 94.06 - 79.56 The ConVICKS
A l ow scoring game to start us off in the Payton Conference, thanks largely to a dour defensive struggle between the Jets and Ravens on Monday night. This tie featured few enough stellar performances, although the New England Patriots' slightly surprising 22 points gained against the Bengals did bolster the Turfmen's effort. Greg Jennings, the Green Bay wideout contributed 15.10 points, Kansas City RB Jamaal Charles added 12 and Arizona RB Tim Hightower contributed 10,70 points of his own. It was enough to squeak by a disappointing ConVICKS performance, for whom Colts' warhorse Reggie Wayne (WR) had 17.95 points, Steve Smith, WR of Carolina had 14.75 points and Chargers TE Antonio Gates added 14.80 points. The Green Bay 'D' rounded off the high scoring for the ConVICKS with 14 points. Despite having more high scorers than the Turfmen, there were too many 0s and 1s and even minus figures to really mount a serious challenge, but with Smith, Wayne and Gates, the ConVICKS will expect higher returns most other weeks.

puppet master 79.87 - 76.13 North Antrim Nuggets
Another very low scoring game, as neither team breached the 80 mark, but a win is a win and puppet master will be delighted to escape with a victory despite having 3 inactive positions. Chris Johnson (RB-TEN) was the puppet master (pun intended) this week as he chipped in with 25.50 points, while he was supported by Detroit RB Jahvid Best (18.80 points) and the Eagles Defense (10 points). Garrett Hartley, the New Orleans kicker will have better weeks than his minus 2 return, but it didn't matter in the windup. For the Nuggets, the injury (and hitherto poor performance) of Eagles QB Kevin Kolb certainly didn't help matters, but with 5 positions returning more than 10 points (Brandon Marshall (WR-MIA - 10.65), Frank Gore (RB-SF - 10.15), Mercedes Lews (TE-JAC, 15.55), Mason Crosby (K-GB, 12) and the Steelers D (13)) they should have had enough to reel in the modest target set by the masters. Unfortunately 6 positions returning less than 1 point tells it's own story of how that worked out. In a game decided by less than 4 points, every position does indeed count.

L'Esprit de Biff 100.29- 71.74 Rehab is 4 Quitters
The first ton up in this conferences was enough for past champion L'Esprit de Biff to prevail against newcomer Rehab is 4 Quitters, who registered the lowest score of the week. Quitters were certainly not helped by a combination of events, from Houston's great day running the ball against the Colts (which meant Matt Schaub (QB) didn't have to do much more than hand the ball off,a nd Andre Johnson had nothing to catch), Calvin Johnson's ((WR-DET) harsh disallowed TD against Da Bears, Kevin Boss' (TE-NYG) injury and Darrelle Revis' not being thrown at. There will undoubtedly be better days for a roster boasting such names, but this weekend, only the Jets 'D' showed up with 17 points. L'Esprit will be happy to have the win in the books, if not particularly enamoured with the manner of the win.  Larry Fitzgerald (WR-ARI - 11.15) did score a TD, but the fact that Derek Anderson missed him on 12 of 15 throws does not inspire confidence for the future. Knowshon Moreno (RB-DEN) added 10.20 points, while the Saints 'D' added 13. The rest were solid, if unspectacular and managed to do enough for a 28+ point victory.

Shrek's Ogres 88.09 - Carlow for Sam 2011 77.57
Another low scoring encounter in a week of them in the Payton Conference saw a major shock as perennial favourite (running under new name) Carlow for Sam 2011 was defeated by 10+ points by rookie Shrek's Ogres. Indianapolis Colts TE Dallas Clark, with 21 points, was the main man for the Ogres, and the fact that only really Donald Driver (veteran GB WR with 13.50 points) managed to help out significantly was a major factor in the winning total being just 88 points. For Carlow, it's a week best forgotten, but at least there were hopeful signs from Rashard Mendenhall (RB-PIT, 16.75 points), Jeremy MAclin (WR-PHI, 12.45 points) and Ronnie Brown (RB-MIA, 12.25 points).

Coolera Bears 147.56 - mayo warriors 132.59
What an introduction to the world of GAABoard Fantasy NFL for Sligo rookies Coolera Bears, as themselves and Connacht rivals, and 3rd place finisher last year, mayo warriors served up a right barnburner. The clash of South and West division rivals went the way of the newcomer, but it was the highest grossing tie of the week, across both conferences. The Bears can really thank 4 positions for their big score, as remarkably only that amount grossed double digits. However a solid combination of 6,7 and 8s combined with really big totals from some positions did the trick. Fittingly enough, given the team owner, pride of place goes to the real Bears' RB Matt Forte who had 31.05 points. Also contributing heavily to the debut win were Colts WR Austin Collie, and his 27.15 points, San Diego QB Philip Rivers and his 16.21 points and, again fittingly, the Bears 'D', with 12 points. The warriors' brave effort was headlined by loudmouth Chad Ochocino (WR-CIN) and his 29.95 points, but also impressing were Bears QB Jay Cutler (16.54), Atlanta WR Roddy White (20.55 points), Ahmad Bradshaw (RB-NYG-12.65 points) the Baltimore D (13 points) and Giants' DE Mathias Kiwanuka (15 points), It's fair to surmise that the warriors won't lose too many games if they average 130 points, but in this case the support cast just fell short against their Bears counterparts.

Crossmaglen Hitmen 87.34 - Old Jack City 120.31
They say revenge is a dish best served cold. If so the Old Jack City squad will be able to attest to that this week. Last years conference final saw the Hitmen run out winners in a nailbiter, but the rebadged Old Jack City turned the tables in style with better than 30 points to spare over their 2009 conquerers. A tragic effort by the Bengals Defense (-1) threatened to derail the ambitions of City, but Tom Brady (QB-NE, 19.16), Miles Austin (WR-DAL, 25.30), Wes Welker (WR-NE, 23.20), Neil Rackers (K-HOU, 11), Bernard Pollard (S - HOU, 12) and Trent Cole (DE - PHI, 10 points) all contributed heavily in making up for that setback. The result wasn't really in doubt when Welker and Brady went off, and Austin put the tin hat on it, but the Hitmen couldn't really respond in a meaningful manner. Too many men left their A game at home, and while all positions contributed something positive, only Tony Romo (QB-DAL, 11.64) and LeSean McCoy (RB-PHI, 15.10) did enough to impact the tie. People like Knox, Jones Drew and Garcon will be better on other weeks, but it wasn't to be in week 1, and Old (Jack) Jack City can bask in the redemptive glow of this win. The Hitmen may retort that they 'Won the one that mattered'.

Ballyhaise Bills 143.82 - 116.71 Red Hand Helmets
It's a fair bet that if you get 70.56 points from two starters, you have a good chance to win your tie on any given week, and that is how it worked out for the Bills as they saw off a solid challenge from the Red Hand Helmets in the second tie to produce more than 100 points each. The fact that the Bills 143.82 is only good enough for second in the conference is testament to the quality of the Coolera Bears' performance, but it was very impressive nonetheless. The two men that did all the damage were Peyton Manning (QB-IND, 29.66) and the star of week 1 Houston RB Arian Foster (39.90 points). They were ably helped out by Anquan Boldin (WR-BAL, 14.50) and Visanthe Shiancoe (TE-MIN, 13.80), but suffice to say that without one or both of those big time performances, the Bills would have struggled mightily here. The Helmets will curse their luck that they drew one of only 4 teams with better totals this week, but they will be given hope by the performances of Eli Manning (QB-NYG, 13.16), Hines Ward (WR-PIT, 13.40), Pierre Thomas (RB-NO, 13.30), Vernon Davis (TE-SF, 11.65) and the Titans' D (19 points). Beanie Wells (RB-ARI), a late scratch on Sunday, missing didn't help, nor did the underwhelming outings from Malcolm Floyd (WR-SD), and Adrian Peterson (RB-MIN), but it would have taken a special outing to beat the Bills on that display.

mc_grens

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 15, 2010, 10:00:28 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2010, 09:55:38 AM

apologies , i don't know who i'm playing then  :D

That'll be me.

mc_grens

Two things-

1) Love the recaps AZ. Here's hoping il be back in the conference final this year again!

2) Who's got two thumbs, depth at receiver, and is worried about his Running Backs..? Yup, this guy right here. Trade requests involving my receivers and your backs will be happily considered people.

Capt Pat

When does the waiver thing get sorted? When do the players come off waivers?