NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

It is, but PPR means Point Per Reception. In other words each time one of your players catches a pass, he gets a point. That makes pass catching running backs and Tight Ends and Receivers more valuable.

bombidal

are people going to be allowed to sit in on sunday and pick up players. ( basically cheating ). I myself have recently got myself a life and cannot spend sunday nights sitting in front of a computer ?

Yours in sport,

bombidal ( living legend at this game )
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

AZOffaly

Nope. I'll lock the rosters from the start of the week until after the Monday night game.

The Claw

Quote from: bombidal on August 23, 2010, 04:49:20 PM

are people going to be allowed to sit in on sunday and pick up players. ( basically cheating ). I myself have recently got myself a life and cannot spend sunday nights sitting in front of a computer ?

Yours in sport,

I don't understand how you can call this cheating. I don't see the difference between doing it on Sunday and doing it on Tuesday. At least on Sunday you have the opportunity to access a computer, I cannot access yahoo in work when the FAs are unlocked therefore I consider that more unfair.

GalwayBayBoy

Are the two divisions in the Montana meant to be lopsided? Seems to be 8 teams in Ulster and 6 in the rest. Partionist bastards.

AZOffaly

Nah, I gave up when I was only guessing. There'll be 7 in each division.

mc_grens

Quote from: The Claw on August 23, 2010, 05:07:53 PM

Yours in sport,

I don't understand how you can call this cheating. I don't see the difference between doing it on Sunday and doing it on Tuesday. At least on Sunday you have the opportunity to access a computer, I cannot access yahoo in work when the FAs are unlocked therefore I consider that more unfair.

Agreed.

Old Jack City are managed by a Derry man living in Dublin. You can put me in whichever division you'd like AZ, but I'd prefer not to have to associate with too many Tyronies.

bombidal

Yours in sport,

the game is flawed unless a waiver system can be brought in like on nfl.com/fantasy... the worst teams get the first pick on Wednesday morning....
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

the Deel Rover

Yours in sport,

no you spend you nights in watching the rose of tralee instead it appears  ;)  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: bombidal on August 23, 2010, 07:56:56 PM

Yours in sport,

the game is flawed unless a waiver system can be brought in like on nfl.com/fantasy... the worst teams get the first pick on Wednesday morning....

In what way is the waiver system on NFL.COM? (By the way, I'm sick of asking if people would prefer a different web site to use). I'll take a look and see if I can modify the Free Agent Pickups. (The waiver wire does work on waiver priority, but I don't believe always giving the 'worst' team first pick is the best way).

Shrek

Do we know what Division we are in.  Havent been on the site for a bit

Im going golfing on Thursday so hope im in Fridays Roster thingy.

Seannie - i have no idea what im doing so you wont be last.  :'(

Oh, Antrim btw.

AZOffaly

Lads, I may have an all day meeting on Thursday, so what are the chances of moving the Montana draft to 2pm Monday?

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2010, 12:06:26 PM
Quote from: bombidal on August 23, 2010, 07:56:56 PM

Yours in sport,

In what way is the waiver system on NFL.COM? (By the way, I'm sick of asking if people would prefer a different web site to use). I'll take a look and see if I can modify the Free Agent Pickups. (The waiver wire does work on waiver priority, but I don't believe always giving the 'worst' team first pick is the best way).

I think the way it worked last year was very good, anybody sitting watching the games couldnt pick up the next superstar straight away, they had to wait until Wednesday after making the claim on the waivers and they would only get him then if they had the highest waiver priority(lowest number). This gives everyone 2-3 days after the games on Sunday to get to a computer and make a claim. If the settings are still the same as last year then it will work well again...

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 24, 2010, 12:23:19 PM
Lads, I may have an all day meeting on Thursday, so what are the chances of moving the Montana draft to 2pm Monday?

Fine by me anyway.

mc_grens