NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

mc_grens

I'll check out the systems tonight... It might be a bit late this year, but it might be something to consider for next year for the harder core NFL fans.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2011, 02:22:38 PM
Traitor!

:D  it would be like the darts a pdo and pdc championship with mc grens offering huge money for the top men to transfer over. it  wouldn't surprise me if seanie has all ready received such an offer.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Oraisteach

I'm amused that you think a minute and a half flew.  Last night I drafted in an ESPN league with only 30 secs picking time.  Screwed up some of my selections big time.

Also, in our league, albeit the lowly "C" division, I picked up Aaron Rodgers with the 11th pick (1st QB to go), but last night he was first to go followed by Brees. In fact, 8 of the first 12 players to go were QBs.

Keeper leagues are fun if you have players worth keeping, but if you don't, it's like gawking at sweets without a penny to buy one.  I like the system as it is.  Nothing like a newbie (at least in this league) with an opinion.

Curious to see the differences between the Yahoo and ESPN leagues.

BallyhaiseMan

Matt Schaub in the 3rd round
Jesus H Christ what was i thinking...  :-[

AZOffaly

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 06, 2011, 03:25:51 PM
I'm amused that you think a minute and a half flew.  Last night I drafted in an ESPN league with only 30 secs picking time.  Screwed up some of my selections big time.

Also, in our league, albeit the lowly "C" division, I picked up Aaron Rodgers with the 11th pick (1st QB to go), but last night he was first to go followed by Brees. In fact, 8 of the first 12 players to go were QBs.

Keeper leagues are fun if you have players worth keeping, but if you don't, it's like gawking at sweets without a penny to buy one.  I like the system as it is.  Nothing like a newbie (at least in this league) with an opinion.

Curious to see the differences between the Yahoo and ESPN leagues.

ESPN is gas with the autopicks as well. I was in an ESPN draft last night too, with 7 people out of 10 turning up. However, the 3 autopicks pick immediately in ESPN, there's no '30 second lad', so it was like Bang bang bang when they came up. You're head would be spinning trying to keep track of who was autopicked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on September 06, 2011, 03:30:25 PM
Matt Schaub in the 3rd round
Jesus H Christ what was i thinking...  :-[

"He's going to throw for 5000 yards" is what you said anyway. You might not be far off on that though. My favourite was when you said - "watch this lads" just before your pick and then went for Ochocinco. Not a percentage play but the guy is talented and is teaming up with the best QB (certainly that is healthy) and coach in the league.

AZ - are we doing a Pick em or Survivor competition this year?

AZOffaly

Oraisteach

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

WTF? Odd move by the Jags so close to the season. Will Blaine Gabbard start?

QuoteJACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have released veteran quarterback David Garrard, a stunning move that will save the franchise $9 million this season.

The Iceman

I had first pick in our division too Seanie and it definitely is challenging. Will make for an interesting season.
Hopefully be going up against you next year!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

In a 10 team league, I always like picking 8,9 or 10. There's going to be plenty of good players to go around, and to have 2 excellent players there is ideal. The problem with picking 1st is you have 1,20,21,40. I'd prefer 10,11,30,31.

In a 14 team league, I'd prefer to be in the top 3 or 4.

Oraisteach

Draft question. Or more likely, a daft question. I must be a complete galoot.

I and a couple of others drafted two defenses, but most others drafted only one.  Why is that?  What will happen when that team has a bye week?  Will they simply pick up another, and probably weaker, team off the waiver wire, or will they simply take the points hit that week?

The Iceman

Pick up a def on the waiver wire that week. Based on matchups a defense could score decent points but may not be consistent enough to be your regular defense.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Oraisteach