NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

On goalies being out of the goal, Beggan came out a few times and Monaghan lost the ball up in the Mayo half back line, lads losing their life over why it wasn't kicked down into the empty goal. No account for them being over 100yards from it, the ball being too heavy to even kick that far and the four or five Monaghan backs being in their positions. It was laughable
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

LeoMc

Quote from: Hound on March 25, 2019, 10:20:05 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 24, 2019, 07:37:40 PM
I mean Harte could have scored from 50 yards out into an empty goal

Sounds interesting!

Can anyone describe the passage of play that led to this, and what kind of attempt did Harte make?

Galway lost possession with the keeper way out the field. He hit it about a foot high and a yard wide.

BennyCake

Re: goalies left stranded. It's amazing how many times it happens now, yet no defenders read the situation and anticipate a turnover and an empty goal.

macdanger2

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 24, 2019, 04:25:01 PM
So it's a Mayo v Kerry final.
I presume the game will be in Croker and probably next Sunday. Am I correct?

Off to Croker ffs  >:(. What's on in the Gaelic Grounds?

seafoid

Quote from: LeoMc on March 25, 2019, 11:23:29 AM
Quote from: Hound on March 25, 2019, 10:20:05 AM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 24, 2019, 07:37:40 PM
I mean Harte could have scored from 50 yards out into an empty goal

Sounds interesting!

Can anyone describe the passage of play that led to this, and what kind of attempt did Harte make?

Galway lost possession with the keeper way out the field. He hit it about a foot high and a yard wide.

Sounds familiar

https://youtu.be/Ck1Gncwz96M
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on March 25, 2019, 11:12:31 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 25, 2019, 09:50:23 AM
Watched the full match last night and watched the highlights too, how can O'Se & McStay not mention that all 3 goals came off Sean Andy mistakes although it was never a pen but still doesn't gloss over the fact Sean Andy lost McShane. He's going to get targeted this summer but I'm sure Kevin Walsh will work on it in training extensively. I know he had more cover in the 1st half but you can put that down to the wind as Tyrone couldn't get the ball in quick enough and allowed Galway to get a man back.

Galway had put themselves in a great position at half time but instead of dictating the 2nd half they left themselves chasing the game 10 minutes into the half and with Tyrone playing with the strong wind which meant it extremely difficult for Galway to kick scores especially with the way Tyrone had set up. Unlike in the bad years it wasn't a complete meltdown by the team, its 3 bad mistakes involving 2 individuals but its 90% Sean Andy's fault. Kerin has to cut out the daft black cards, come at at time when Galway were well in the match and affected Galways ability to regroup. Duggan a loss at midfield, D'Arcy will stay 5th choice midfielder after that performance; I've criticised Duggan during the league but it was clear to see he was missed the 2nd half. Injuries and the missing Corofin contingent came back to haunt us yesterday, not enough on the bench to be able to change it. Lost far too many of our own kickouts too in the 2nd half. I know I'm always on his case but Gary O'Donnell offered very little going forward yesterday. A couple of weeks ago I thought Bradshaw was still a cert to start at centre half back come the championship but he's really given John Daly a lot of game time in that role so I'm not so sure any more.

Overall its been a really good league despite the disappointment of yesterday, I genuinely would have been happy with staying up and Galway have done a lot better than all the posters on here expected and found a couple of players. John Daly looks at home at this level and O'Laoi despite being a little light will be another option in the coming years and also good to see Danny Cummins back in great shape too.

It was a stonewall pen. Kerin barged into the back of McShane without playing the ball just as he was getting away

Thought it was fairly minimal contact myself to be honest. Maybe the ref could see something from his angle that was not visible on the television replays though.

From the Bunker

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 25, 2019, 11:40:42 AM

There are no premium seats or Corporate boxes there. There's is a chance to charge the common follower €30 into Croker. The GAA don't care about the common fan. This is confirmed by the game being at 4pm on a Sunday.

galwayman

Watched the full match last night and watched the highlights too, how can O'Se & McStay not mention that all 3 goals came off Sean Andy mistakes although it was never a pen but still doesn't gloss over the fact Sean Andy lost McShane. He's going to get targeted this summer but I'm sure Kevin Walsh will work on it in training extensively. I know he had more cover in the 1st half but you can put that down to the wind as Tyrone couldn't get the ball in quick enough and allowed Galway to get a man back.

Galway had put themselves in a great position at half time but instead of dictating the 2nd half they left themselves chasing the game 10 minutes into the half and with Tyrone playing with the strong wind which meant it extremely difficult for Galway to kick scores especially with the way Tyrone had set up. Unlike in the bad years it wasn't a complete meltdown by the team, its 3 bad mistakes involving 2 individuals but its 90% Sean Andy's fault. Kerin has to cut out the daft black cards, come at at time when Galway were well in the match and affected Galways ability to regroup. Duggan a loss at midfield, D'Arcy will stay 5th choice midfielder after that performance; I've criticised Duggan during the league but it was clear to see he was missed the 2nd half. Injuries and the missing Corofin contingent came back to haunt us yesterday, not enough on the bench to be able to change it. Lost far too many of our own kickouts too in the 2nd half. I know I'm always on his case but Gary O'Donnell offered very little going forward yesterday. A couple of weeks ago I thought Bradshaw was still a cert to start at centre half back come the championship but he's really given John Daly a lot of game time in that role so I'm not so sure any more.

Overall its been a really good league despite the disappointment of yesterday, I genuinely would have been happy with staying up and Galway have done a lot better than all the posters on here expected and found a couple of players. John Daly looks at home at this level and O'Laoi despite being a little light will be another option in the coming years and also good to see Danny Cummins back in great shape too.
Paul Conroy hasn't been talked of too much but he is a monumental loss to that team. A massive leader.
Hope he can get back to fitness over the next few weeks.

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 25, 2019, 02:39:35 PM

There are no premium seats or Corporate boxes there. There's is a chance to charge the common follower €30 into Croker. The GAA don't care about the common fan. This is confirmed by the game being at 4pm on a Sunday.
If you lived in mid Mayo, say Castlebar, what time would you make it home traveling by road?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: galwayman on March 25, 2019, 02:41:01 PM

Paul Conroy hasn't been talked of too much but he is a monumental loss to that team. A massive leader.

When is Comer expected back? Seeing him on crutches in Omagh yesterday I wouldn't expect him to play much this side of July

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Main Street on March 25, 2019, 03:24:42 PM

If you lived in mid Mayo, say Castlebar, what time would you make it home traveling by road?

Prob 3 hours on the road.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on March 25, 2019, 03:30:38 PM

When is Comer expected back? Seeing him on crutches in Omagh yesterday I wouldn't expect him to play much this side of July

He only had surgery a couple weeks ago. I presume they are hoping to have him back for a possible Connacht final in mid June but he'll have no football in his legs whatsoever even if he's fit in time.

Slightly worried it could end up being a bit of a lost year for him alright.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 25, 2019, 03:49:13 PM
Quote from: bigpackiechestout on March 25, 2019, 03:30:38 PM

He only had surgery a couple weeks ago. I presume they are hoping to have him back for a possible Connacht final in mid June but he'll have no football in his legs whatsoever even if he's fit in time.

Slightly worried it could end up being a bit of a lost year for him alright.

Not expecting much from Comer in Connacht, hopefully we make the super 8's and he'll be fit by then.

Conroy is a big loss, whether he'll be starting I don't know but he's going to be a great option for a 20 minute cameo. D'Arcy showed yesterday he's not up to this level just yet.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 25, 2019, 03:44:24 PM

Game over at about 6pm, back to the car at 6:30pm, hour for some grub on the way home. Looking at being at home some time after 10pm.

TheGreatest

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 25, 2019, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 25, 2019, 03:44:24 PM

Game over at about 6pm, back to the car at 6:30pm, hour for some grub on the way home. Looking at being at home some time after 10pm.

And if on in Limerick?