Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

Captain Apollo from battlestar galactica RIP

Hardy

Hans Rosling co-founder of the Gapminder Foundation, pioneer and advocate of the intelligent use of data and statistics for human development, a hero of mine and a genuine loss to the world has died at 68 of pancreatic cancer.
https://www.gapminder.org/videos/dont-panic-end-poverty/

BennyHarp

Tara Palmer Thomkinson
That was never a square ball!!

mouview

Al Jarreau. Sang theme tune for Bruce Willis vehicle Moonlighting.

moysider

Dan Vickerman, a veteran of 63 Tests for Australia Rugby Union, has died at the age of 37.

stephenite

Quote from: moysider on February 19, 2017, 11:07:36 PM
Dan Vickerman, a veteran of 63 Tests for Australia Rugby Union, has died at the age of 37.

Reading between the lines of the press reports over here he sadly seems to be another victim of depression

Declan

QuoteReading between the lines of the press reports over here he sadly seems to be another victim of depression
Alan Quinlan ‏@AlanQuinlan1  · 22h22 hours ago 
RIP Dan Vickerman very sad and tragic but how can we expect people to have the courage to get help if we won't even say the word 'suicide'?

passedit

QuoteIt is with deep sadness that Ollscoil Uladh learn of the death of Leo Murphy.
A Down and Jordanstown legend. All Ireland winning fresher manager in 1983/84 and our first Sigerson manager in 1985. Our thoughts and prayers are with his entire family at this sad time. Our Lady Queen of the Gael pray for him.
Don't Panic

stephenite

Quote from: Declan on February 20, 2017, 09:15:52 AM
QuoteReading between the lines of the press reports over here he sadly seems to be another victim of depression
Alan Quinlan ‏@AlanQuinlan1  · 22h22 hours ago 
RIP Dan Vickerman very sad and tragic but how can we expect people to have the courage to get help if we won't even say the word 'suicide'?

Someone in work has told me the approach has been to try and protect his young children, no idea if there's any truth in that however it has also occurred to me that reporting the suicide of an outwardly successful ex-professional sportsperson may influence others in a 'perceived' worse state to feel more hopeless?

Please understand that I'm not commenting on why this particular incident occurred, nor am I commenting on same. No 2 situations are the same in these circumstances

Declan

EX-IRELAND U21 footballer Paul McCarthy has passed away at the age of 45.

The former Brighton & Hove Albion defender, who made 217 appearances and scored six goals for the Seagulls between 1988 and 1996, died suddenly on Sunday.

The Cork native came through the ranks at Rockmount and played on the same underage teams as current Ireland assistant manager Roy Keane.

McCarthy joined Brighton as a trainee in 1989 and would also go on to enjoy spells at Wycombe Wanderers, Oxford United, Hornchurch and Ebbsfleet United.

He was an important part of the Wycombe team that reached the FA Cup semi-finals in 2001 — going out to Liverpool 2-1 at Villa Park.

theskull1

Steve Hewlett BBC broadcaster and journalist
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

supersub

Leo Murphy - Down All Ireland winning fullback 1960 & 1961

ziggy90

Roger Hynd former Birmingham City centre half and quite possibly the toughest man to ever lace boots.
RIP Big Rog.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

T Fearon

Roger Hynd wasn't a patch on fellow Birmingham player Kenny Burns when it comes to toughness.

Apparently Steve Hewlett died while listening to Bob Dylan.Wonder was it Knockin on Heaven's Door

Shamrock Shore

Cardinal Desmond Connell

Hope he has all his answers ready for St. Peter  - some of the questions on his action on child abusers may be difficult.