Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winghalfun

Tyrone country music legend Gene Stewart and founder of Stewart's Music Shop in Irish Street, Dungannon.

Poor auld Hugo was in a bad way about it this afternoon (don't mean that in a snide way).  Must have been very good friends.

Windmill abu

Gene was an absolute Gentleman.

Back in the 1980s, long before the internet and ticketmaster. if you wanted tickets for a concert, Gene Stuarts was the place to go. I got tickets for The Rolling Stones (slane 1982) and Dire Straits (Punchestown 1983) to name but two from Stuarts at the top of Irish Street.

May he rest in peace.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

orangeman

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: winghalfun on February 12, 2016, 05:41:57 PM
Tyrone country music legend Gene Stewart and founder of Stewart's Music Shop in Irish Street, Dungannon.

Poor auld Hugo was in a bad way about it this afternoon (don't mean that in a snide way).  Must have been very good friends.

Sorry to hear this. His shop was just yards away from my grandmother's front door at the top of Irish Street and I recall regularly nipping over, back in the seventies, and purchasing vinyl - I still have those records to this day.

May He Rest In Peace.

ONeill

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 12, 2016, 10:53:44 PM

Sorry to hear this. His shop was just yards away from my grandmother's front door at the top of Irish Street and I recall regularly nipping over, back in the seventies, and purchasing vinyl - I still have those records to this day.

May He Rest In Peace.

Manys a wemen curted near that shop after school. Getting the bus back to the Washingbay was a hoor though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

What was the hoor's name,on bus to Washingbay?

ONeill

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on February 12, 2016, 10:56:14 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 12, 2016, 10:53:44 PM

May He Rest In Peace.

Manys a wemen curted near that shop after school. Getting the bus back to the Washingbay was a hoor though.

Sure you were right beside the buses at Wellworths after your imaginary curt!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Aye, how often did they run?

BennyCake

Never actually met Gene, but spent many hours in the shop over the years.

RIP

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2016, 12:23:28 AM
Aye, how often did they run?

Got the same route. There were numerous buses heading that direction. However you did no curting near Genes. You went straight home to do your HW like a good little boy!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Your mind is playing tricks old man. 1 bus. Think possibly 5:30.

seafoid

Throne is a hotbed of CnW. Is Philomena Begley also from up there? There is a huge swathe of rural Ireland where it's the dominant form of music. It doesn't get much respect on RTE.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

Trifon Ivanov - ex Bulgarian footballer, aged 50

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Ah no. That's too bad. The wolf I think they called him. Remember him in that good Bulgarian team in 1994. RIP