Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: andoireabu on May 03, 2014, 03:27:06 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 01, 2014, 09:48:47 AM
The times of London are reporting that Peaches Geldof died of a heroin overdose. Very sad. Her youngest lad was playing away beside the body when she was found. Horrific to think about, but that means she probably shot up when he was with her. That's unreal and tragic. When her mother died, apparently the 4 year old daughter was with her.
Was talking about this earlier in the house with others. If she overdosed on heorine after what happened to her mother then it is hard to have sympathy.  At some point in her life she had the choice to say "yes" or "no" to it and made her choice based on what she knew.  To have maybe done it in front of a child who could have messed around with the paraphernalia after the event is another matter.  Not a massive fan of Bob but in this case he is the person I would think about the most after the children.  They aren't to blame for what happened but will have to live with it for the rest of their days.
When you hear the history it's tragedy after tragedy. Her stepfathers suicide, her mother's death, the youngest half-sister moving in with Bob who is not a blood relation. A series of unfortunate and tragic events. I don't know the family personally but can only compare it to the common addiction in Ireland of men drinking themselves to an early grave, followed by family members after they're gone. I think of the alcoholics in the local in town and there's an inherent sadness in all of them that, despite their decision to drink their life away, you can't help but pity. And I pity Peaches Geldof, born into a normal family she may well have developed into a well-rounded and happy individual, but she wasn't, she was born into the cesspit of "fame" and hedonism.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

T Fearon

Dysfunctional upbringing in a dysfunctional family,a hardly surprising outcome but very sad nonetheless.Perhaps Bob should have concentrated less on feeding the world and more on providing his children with a stable upbringing

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2014, 11:34:35 AM
Dysfunctional upbringing in a dysfunctional family,a hardly surprising outcome but very sad nonetheless.Perhaps Bob should have concentrated less on feeding the world and more on providing his children with a stable upbringing
Not like you to be so judgemental. :o

AQMP

The Peace Process aged about 18.

muppet

Quote from: Myles Na G. on May 03, 2014, 11:50:10 AM
Not like you to be so judgemental. :o

She was born 4 years after Live Aid, but that minor details wouldn't stop Tony trampling on a grave.
MWWSI 2017

Windmill abu

QuoteDysfunctional upbringing in a dysfunctional family,a hardly surprising outcome but very sad nonetheless.Perhaps Bob should have concentrated less on feeding the world and more on providing his children with a stable upbringing

A lot of families who have lost children to drug overdoses (either accidental or intentional) spend years questioning themselves if there was anything else they could have done.

The last thing they need is a f**kwit like you passing judgement on how they brought up their children.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

TabClear

You really are a nasty piece of work. Practically every post you make is a gloat or having a go at someone  elses misfortune while you snigger at your latest "witty" remark behind a keyboard.

Most people ignore It when it's dross about rangers, Liverpool, United etc etc but when it's the tragic death of a young mother it is beyond pathetic.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Tony I have stuck up for you on a number of occasions on this Board, but that post is big time out of order

thebigfella

I actually feel pity for you after reading that.

EC Unique

Liverpool's 'title challange' :'(

T Fearon

I was not gloating about anyone's death, I said it was sad.If you want to check out gloating about death on this Board pull up the thread about Maggie Thatcher's death last year. It really is ridiculous that you cannot express a view on this Board without being subject to a tirade of abuse >:(

trileacman

I don't mind the odd argument and god knows there would be alot of people on this board that I wouldn't agree with at all but Fearon is the only one I think should be chucked out of here. Of late it's been nothing but snide comments with some sort of depraved undertone, the ban he got wasn't half long enough. That last comment wouldn't even be the worst of it, he offers nothing constructive to any debate here, it's all just sniping and sneering at the misfortune of others.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

T Fearon

Examples of my "sniping and sneering" are? I am free to express my opinion in a respectful manner,and the last thing this board needs is censorship.

If you don't like  it,don't read it.

5 Sams

A lot of newbies on here obviously just learning about the stuff this moron comes out with. You should hear some of the stuff he has come out with in the past. A few of the people I know on here are actually friendly with this guy. I can't understand this. A lowlife.
The Aristocrat Years

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2014, 09:24:49 PM
I was not gloating about anyone's death, I said it was sad.If you want to check out gloating about death on this Board pull up the thread about Maggie Thatcher's death last year. It really is ridiculous that you cannot express a view on this Board without being subject to a tirade of abuse >:(
You're not comparing like with like here Tony as well you know. Maggie T was an evil warmongering bitch and as far as I'm concerned if you live by the sword etc. The Geldof's did nobody any harm and therefore don't deserve comments like that