Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dec on March 20, 2014, 05:52:08 PM
Fred Phelps

Was that the lad who Louis theroux met?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sandino

Boxing manager and promoter Mickey Duff has died.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

balladmaker

Paddy McGuigan died on St. Patrick's Day, writer of Men Behind The Wire, Boys of the Old Brigade, Irish Soldier Laddie, Freedom Walk, plus many more.

Milltown Row2

Actor James Rebhorn has died at the age of 65. He is perhaps best-known for his role as the Secretary of Defense in 'Independence Day,' and he recently played Carrie's father in Showtime's "Homeland."

He had a role in the film "The Game" which I watched the other night

theticklemister

Quote from: balladmaker on March 23, 2014, 07:52:40 AM
Paddy McGuigan died on St. Patrick's Day, writer of Men Behind The Wire, Boys of the Old Brigade, Irish Soldier Laddie, Freedom Walk, plus many more.

really sorry to hear that. Barleycorn still one of my favourite bands. Great songwriter.

Freedom Walk

'Cold and dark the morning just before the dawn,
A new day is breaking our struggle has begun,
We will march together we shall be free,
In this land our home land a true democracy'

ONeill

Wasn't aware of who wrote these. Any info on him?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggy90

Quote from: theticklemister on March 23, 2014, 10:19:57 PM

really sorry to hear that. Barleycorn still one of my favourite bands. Great songwriter.

Freedom Walk

'Cold and dark the morning just before the dawn,
A new day is breaking our struggle has begun,
We will march together we shall be free,
In this land our home land a true democracy'

RIP Paddy.

The Barleycorn were a fantastic band. I saw them live here in Brum in the mid 70's, they brought the house down. I still give the "Live at The Embankment" album the odd spin.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

theticklemister

Quote from: ONeill on March 23, 2014, 10:59:50 PM

Wasn't aware of who wrote these. Any info on him?

Barleycorn and Wolfhound with Ray McAverary were class!!

This website will help you

http://www.theballadeers.com/

AQMP

Westmeath FG TD Nicky McFadden from Motor Neurone Disease aged only 51.

Ball Hopper

Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson Jr.  Bought the Bills for 25 grand back in 1959, now worth 870 million according to Forbes.   

Bills former quarterback Jim Kelly also announces return of oral cancer - he had been declared cancer-free after having part of his jaw removed last year.  Reports are the cancer us aggressive and has spread.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 23, 2014, 07:20:20 PM

Actor James Rebhorn has died at the age of 65. He is perhaps best-known for his role as the Secretary of Defense in 'Independence Day,' and he recently played Carrie's father in Showtime's "Homeland."

He had a role in the film "The Game" which I watched the other night

He wrote his own obituary during his final days; see below. Damn those Onions!

RIP

http://www.deadline.com/interstitial/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deadline.com%2F2014%2F03%2Factor-james-rebhorn-pens-his-final-curtain-call-read-the-obit-he-wrote-for-himself%2F%3Futm_source%3Ddlvr.it%26utm_medium%3Dtwitter
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

Tubberman

Sad loss to society...

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/criminal-shot-outside-creche-dies-in-hospital-30134280.html

Jim Cusack – Published 28 March 2014 08:43 AM
Dissident republican figure, Declan "Fat Deccy" Smith, has died in hospital after being shot in the head as he left his three-year-old daughter to a crèche last Friday morning.

Smith, 31, was the target of a number of gangs and "republicans" over his extortion activities in recent years. He was abducted, subjected to torture and shot in the leg in January last year by former Provisional IRA men intent on muscling in on his rackets, mainly extorting money from drug dealers.

A lone gunman shot him in the face with a shotgun after he left his daughter off at the Little Rainbows crèche on Holywell Avenue in Donaghmede in north Dublin. The scene afterwards was described as "pandemonium" by a witness.

It was the first time a gang-related murder has taken place outside a crèche or school though several murders have taken place in front of young children at family homes.

Staff at the crèche drew curtains to prevent the pre-school children from witnessing the murder scene.

Smith was placed in an induced coma in Beaumont Hospital but failed to revive and was pronounced dead this morning.

Smith had many enemies and gardai had recently warned him of a threat to his life. He and his associate, Alan Ryan, who was shot dead in September 2012 tortured several drug dealers in Dublin and built up a substantial extortion racket. On three occasions Smith and Ryan cut off victims' fingers with bolt cutters.

Shortly before Ryan was murdered he and Smith had been ordered by dissidents in Northern Ireland to hand over €300,000 from their rackets. They failed to do so and the dissident group they were associated with, terming itself the "Real" IRA, has since disintegrated amid internal feuding and defections.

Smith, originally from west Belfast, was suspected of being one of a gang terming itself the "Continuity" IRA in Belfast. He was named as being part of a gang that killed two men on the same evening in March 2007. Smith and the others were captured on CCTV drinking and taking drugs in clubs and pubs in the city before the murders.

They then abducted and shot dead Edward Burns, 36, at the Bog Meadows beside the M1 Motorway. They then crossed the city Ardoyne and beat Joseph Jones, 38, to death with a spade. Jones was almost decapitated in the frenzied attack.

A post mortem examination is expected to take place later today and will be carried out by the State Pathologist Professor Marie Cassidy .

The Garda investigation into the incident is ongoing.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AQMP

Sam McAughtry, writer, broadcaster and former member of the Senate, aged 90.