Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Television antiques expert David Barby, from Antiques Road Trip and Bargain Hunt, aged 69
Careful now

theticklemister

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 05, 2012, 09:24:11 PM
Television antiques expert David Barby, from Antiques Road Trip and Bargain Hunt, aged 69

Antiques road trip................ was it not Antiques Road Show?? lol

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Dougal Maguire

Nope, it was Antiques Road Trip, a different programme from the Roadshow. In this one 2 antiques experts travel from one destination to another, in vintage open top cars, stopping at various locations on the way to buy antiques and then sell them at auction at their final destination. Whoever makes the most profit wins.
Careful now

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: theskull1 on October 05, 2012, 10:08:48 PM
He died 2 months ago

You're quite correct. I followed a Jimmy Savile story on the BBC web site and and saw this as one of the 'popular now' stories. Never checked the date. Aw well, God be good to him.
Careful now

Minder

Alex Karras, AKA Mongo from Blazing Saddles.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

People who like college football, or listen to ESPN's College Football Podcast, will be familiar with Beano Cook. He died in his sleep aged 81. Loved listening to him talk, he was a real doyen of College Football and was great for the history and tradition.

AQMP

Helmut Haller, scorer of West Germany's first goal in the 1966 World Cup final, aged 73

deiseach

Quote from: AQMP on October 12, 2012, 03:01:38 PM
Helmut Haller, scorer of West Germany's first goal in the 1966 World Cup final, aged 73

Best remembered for being kicked up the arse by Tommy Gemmell. Literally.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: deiseach on October 12, 2012, 03:03:59 PM
Quote from: AQMP on October 12, 2012, 03:01:38 PM

Best remembered for being kicked up the arse by Tommy Gemmell. Literally.

Brilliant!
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

Ha! Great stuff. I'd still be watching soccer if it was like that.

Gaffer

Quote from: Minder on October 11, 2012, 04:47:29 PM
Alex Karras, AKA Mongo from Blazing Saddles.

The inhabitants of Rockridge will be relieved!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Linkbox

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 11, 2012, 05:31:09 PM
People who like college football, or listen to ESPN's College Football Podcast, will be familiar with Beano Cook. He died in his sleep aged 81. Loved listening to him talk, he was a real doyen of College Football and was great for the history and tradition.

Ah man, I was sorry to hear that. I've been listening to the college podcast for around 4 years now. His show on Wednesday with Ivan was always a highlight for me and it helped get me interested in the college game. Ivan wrote a good piece about their show the day after he died. Sad loss.

mouview

Actor Gary Collins. People of a certain vintage should remember him from the TV series Born Free. (Diana Mulduar was hot!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZe2gTPF1r0