Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Localexpert

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on November 27, 2016, 07:03:42 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 27, 2016, 06:43:27 PM
Dr Crokes beat the Kenmare Divisional team in the county final. Divisional teams cannot progress to the provincial championship.
The team that won the Munster Intermediate Championship was Kenmare Shamrocks.
I would imagine that the Kenmare Divisional team had members from Kenmare Shamrocks playing for them.

It is possible for a player in Kerry to win a Senior and Intermediate/Junior championship in the same season.

I have always thought that Tyrone should adopt the Kerry model for their championships.

Why should we do that when we have produced 7 different champions in 7 different years and have sides like Trillick come straight out of intermediate to win senior?

The club championship in Tyrone would seem to be as balanced and competitive as you'd find across the country.

I think it would be a great idea if there were say an east tyrone and West tyrone divisional teams made up intermediate and junior teams with say a rule of you can't play for divisional team if your club have played in senior championship in past 2 years.  Personally I think it would be a great idea so all players have a chance to play in senior championship which would obviously improve a player who for example plays for a junior club but isn't good enough to play senior inter county.  Would certainly be a good stepping stone to see if they could be good enough.

The Trap

Pick a couple of teams there local expert to see if they could compete with the big guns????

rrhf

Errigal ciaran would be a team on their own the size of the place... Hey wait it is!

WT4E

Quote from: The Trap on November 26, 2016, 04:55:28 PM
Maybe better to be playing in a higher division but certainly not more memorable........what about kildress last year......won a play off match and got to higher division and won one game all year......was that memorable?  Urney are probably in for something similar. ....very hard to step in to a higher division.......trillick obviously did a magnificent job but I would say the club who have made the most remarkable progress in last 10 years is greencastle........

I can see where you coming from but for me its better to push yourself as far forward as you can. In relation to Kildress - Whilst I had my doubts whether we where capable of competing in Div 1 when we where in the Div 2 Promotionin 2015 I had to admire the lads for the effort and performance they put in to gain promotion back to Div 1 which was memorable for some of the younger lads who had never been involved in something like that in adult football. To me it was a great challenge to try and stay in the division and watch some of the younger players get experience to Div 1 for one year and I definitely think this helped them win an U21 title. Had we got a oupl of breaks or tactical decsions right they could well still be there (Strabane, Eglish, Coalisland & Killyclogher are fixtures that stick out in my head)

No disrespect to the the Rock and congratulations on the victory but I know where I'd rather be.

Take for example Loughmacrory - They played Kildress at the end of 2015 season and where in danger of going down - Some people suggested Kildress gave them the points in this fixture but I can let you know they didn't as they fought for victory to survive as they had said that the danger of relegation to Div 3 could be have disastrous effects on their club and the work they where doing on and off the field. They survived and they weren't too far away from promotion to Div 1 this year.

clarshack

Quote from: longballin on November 26, 2016, 02:13:03 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 25, 2016, 09:48:04 PM
Think the rule is that you can't defend an Ulster Intermediate or Junior the following season.

Sure if you're promoted you couldnt defend it anyway

a good example of a team not going up a level when they should, would be St. Mary's in Kerry. they won the All-Ireland Intermediate earlier this year (at a canter) but stayed in the Kerry Intermediate Championship for 2016.

Localexpert

Quote from: The Trap on November 27, 2016, 10:29:08 PM
Pick a couple of teams there local expert to see if they could compete with the big guns????

i don't see any lower league games at all but from the minimal knowledge i have I'll give some examples.

i think an east tyrone team consisting of the likes of the best from Brocagh (eg ciaran donnelly) killyman (mcgahans) rock (ulster junior champions) pomeroy? ( 3 county players alone but maybe fall under a west team) moy (cavanaghs etc) derrylaughan (gervins fergal mcaliskey etc) cookstown (mugsy, marty murray, raymie mulgrew) stewartstown (gareth devlin u21 grade 1 winners this year), aghaloo, derrytresk and brackaville would certainly put it up to the big guns. 

W.A.G. Lover

With the Geography of Tyrone it is hard to break it down, but see below my Teams per Area - Trying to keep numbers even as possible.

NORTH (8) - Kildress, Gortin, Aghyaran, Castlederg, Owen Roes, Clan NaGael, Newtownstewart, Glenelly
WEST (7) - Loughmacrory, Drumragh, Fintona, Dregish, Drumquin, Tattyreagh, Beragh
SOUTH (8) - Eglish, Augher, Moy, Eskra, Aghaloo, Clogher, Kileeshil, Errigal Ciaran
EAST (10) - Dungannon, Derrylaughan, Moortown, Stewartstown, Derrytresk, Brackaville, Brockagh, Killyman, Cookstown, Rock.

If you agree with the rough layout, could you pick your best team/squad from them Clubs?

The Golden Years

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on November 28, 2016, 02:25:47 PM

With the Geography of Tyrone it is hard to break it down, but see below my Teams per Area - Trying to keep numbers even as possible.

NORTH (8) - Kildress, Gortin, Aghyaran, Castlederg, Owen Roes, Clan NaGael, Newtownstewart, Glenelly
WEST (7) - Loughmacrory, Drumragh, Fintona, Dregish, Drumquin, Tattyreagh, Beragh
SOUTH (8) - Eglish, Augher, Moy, Eskra, Aghaloo, Clogher, Kileeshil, Errigal Ciaran
EAST (10) - Dungannon, Derrylaughan, Moortown, Stewartstown, Derrytresk, Brackaville, Brockagh, Killyman, Cookstown, Rock.

If you agree with the rough layout, could you pick your best team/squad from them Clubs?

Hypothetical nonsense!

In hiding

Omagh management stepped down after the game yesterday

Localexpert

Quote from: The Golden Years on November 28, 2016, 03:12:13 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on November 28, 2016, 02:25:47 PM

Hypothetical nonsense!

Firstly it's gaa close season so need something to talk about.

Secondly it's a system employed in Kerry which hasn't hindered the success of football within their county ......

Mikhailov

Quote from: referee on November 28, 2016, 04:43:19 PM
Any new managers appointed  ::)

Heard Moortown have appointed someone over the weekend but not sure who it is. When told I didn't recognise the name to be honest....

tothetop03

Heard today one Derrytresk player is leaving to join a club in the  parish in which his father played for.....

The Trap

Heard Audi Kelly is for the Clarke's.  anyone else heard anything!!!! Lol

Mikhailov

Quote from: The Trap on November 28, 2016, 07:24:12 PM

Audi Kelly will soon have managed all the clubs in East Tyrone the way he is going. !!!!!

tothetop03

Quote from: Mikhailov on November 28, 2016, 07:32:37 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 28, 2016, 07:24:12 PM

Audi Kelly will soon have managed all the clubs in East Tyrone the way he is going. !!!!!

I heard his ex sidekick is for the Clarkes ex Ardboe manager.... These rumours are great eh!!