2019 Allianz Football League Division 3.

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 06, 2018, 12:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heshs Umpire

I wasn't in Down Saturday but have been before and always found them one of the soundest crowds up in Ulster. Very welcoming anytime I ever umpired up there.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Unlaoised

Quote from: Heshs Umpire on January 30, 2019, 04:22:46 PM
I wasn't in Down Saturday but have been before and always found them one of the soundest crowds up in Ulster. Very welcoming anytime I ever umpired up there.

This always thought Down Donegal and Monaghan were the friendly sorts ..

Tyrone and Armagh are well Tyrone and Armagh ...Derry not the nicest and Cavan seem to have that chip on their shoulder about once being great ...

Antrim can be hostile esp in hurling if the game is tight ..

Only was in fermanagh once and found them to be far from complimentary
LAOIS ABÚ

Chrimtain

I recall being at a minor All Ireland Semi Final replay against Derry and having a Derry supporter repeatedly shout 'Youse Gaolers Youse' at Laois supporters after they had beaten us.

Needless to say, I didn't like them.

Butch Cassidy

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Don Draper on January 30, 2019, 08:13:22 AM
Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on January 30, 2019, 02:29:21 AM
Quote from: smcder on January 29, 2019, 11:52:41 PM
Wasn't a hostile crowd. Some of them seemed down on there own team.
Going in I was greeted with,"F..k back home and bring those blue shirted b**tards with ya.. Inside we got some very unhealthy looks and some choice words from a few guys behind us and later on I heard a commotion near the back of the stand like chairs been thrown around or something, might have been coming from the commentary box. The stand was great and the match was good at times, especially the second half. There was only two of us but we made sure to walk out with a crowd... just in case like... :)
Jesus, are you ok?

I am, and don't call me Jesus...  ;D   

Ah no, to be honest it was a very small minority, any other Down supporters I spoke to were sound
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Chrimtain on January 30, 2019, 10:23:37 PM
I recall being at a minor All Ireland Semi Final replay against Derry and having a Derry supporter repeatedly shout 'Youse Gaolers Youse' at Laois supporters after they had beaten us.

Needless to say, I didn't like them.
He wasn't wrong. We have a lot of people working in the Gaol.

les Antiques

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on January 30, 2019, 10:46:19 PM
Eoin Buggie on the Laois panel?

I believe so Butch but along with Hitchcock and couple of others they were involved with the Siegerson which would have ended for most of them this week .
Except changes for the louth game .!

les Antiques

My mistake most of them will be involved again next Wednesday .Good wins for Carlow IT and UCD yesterday . Evan was excellent for UCD apparently.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: les Antiques on January 31, 2019, 11:54:43 AM
My mistake most of them will be involved again next Wednesday .Good wins for Carlow IT and UCD yesterday . Evan was excellent for UCD apparently.
O'Carroll is flying it, I said it last week and I'll say it again he can become a superstar player for us.

Nameless

Quote from: portlaoisekid on January 31, 2019, 02:26:58 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on January 31, 2019, 11:54:43 AM
O'Carroll is flying it, I said it last week and I'll say it again he can become a superstar player for us.

The Kingston/O'Carroll axis could be lethal! Either in the full forward line together or with Kingston at centre forward.

The sounds are that a few more lads will be given a go this weekend. Now is the time to do it. Louth don't appear to be up to much.

Laois Rising

The attacking mark if kept for the championship would work very well for Kingston and O'Carroll. O'Carroll has really benefited from Sugrue's management and playing probably the best football in his career so far. On the flip side, we could be vulnerably defensively to an attacking mark. Monaghan had Dublin in serious panic everytime ball sent in towards McManusvand co in second half. By time championship comes around I'm sure Gavin will have figured out way to negate the threat but it does provide teams with a potential weapon of getting at the Dublin defense.

Louth losing at home to a very weakened Longford team would suggest that they are very much there for the taking this weekend. 

Chrimtain

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/01/31/laois-senior-football-team-named-for-louth-clash-in-croke-park/

Wasn't expecting this. No Donie, Evan or Colm Begley starting and another Croke Park outing for Ross Munnelly. However, I can understand that JS does not want to over use Evan, given his Sigerson Cup exploits.

Hopefully it will all work out and we will have another two points in he bag on Saturday evening.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

Hopefully there's enough scoring threat there. Can see Donie and Even being needed off the bench.

Tony

I can see why Ross is starting. After the match in Newry, he was doing his own solo training while most other people were gone. He's very hungry to keep playing and he's some example for the younger lads on the team. He's some man and delighted he's starting, especially in Croke Park. I consider him a legend of Laois football and it's a privilege to see him perform all these years later. 2002 - 2019 is some run, who's to say he wont make it 20 years in 2022.