Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

podge

A fine performance from Cushendall although I suspect they have little interest in a hard luck story.

I thought the ref was a tad sore on them a couple of times.  Soft free against Paddy Burke  for their first score, Alex Delargy overcarrying after 2 steps, questionable tackles on McCambridge and McManus.  All that said, they had the chances to draw level in injury time.

Some performances around the field.  One who rarely gets a mention is Martin Burke- his brother rightly gets lauded and is one of the best around but I thought Martin was as good as any yesterday.  Maybe not always fancy stuff but he is a great defender and marker.

Saffrongael

I didn't have any issue with the ref, tough game to ref there with a heavy slow pitch, loads of rucks
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Martin Burke has been one of the best defenders in the county for years - wish we'd seen a lot more of him in the county jersey

north_antrim_hound

Was down yesterday and C'dall could have won only for,

Shot relentless wides in a ten minute period when they were on top.

Needed to be more than 3 up with that breeze

The Ref wasn't giving them all their frees for sure.

Maybe landed to much high ball in on Hugh Lawlor in first half when the breeze suggested shooting from further out

Great effort all the same and great game to watch.

There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Bringing out Neil helped as his battle with Lawlor wasn't one he was winning

OlGs still managed to drive down the centre of the pitch and create openings

Cushendall Missed some easier shots and scored more difficult ones.

The ref was grand, Cushendall got a couple of soft ones too, that ref was out recently and I thought he'd a very good game the last day and yesterday.

The young Cushendall lad was marked tighter after his goal

As Hogan said after the match, we are down a score, nothing in those conditions

They only went in front on the 50 minute marker..

Cushendall needed another goal but they could have given a few away themselves, as I said before, both were strong defensively.

The Kilkenny championship probably the hardest to win, at all grades. Standard at club level getting better
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NorthAntrim

McAfee had an easy handpass inside one time for a tap over score. Poor enough hand pass and a failed lift. Also a missed lift when McManus put the head down on goal. And ended up squaring the ball. Two simple scores

Milltown Row2

I noted the intensity levels that Cushendall put up in that first half was going to be hard to recreate for the full 60+ minutes

When your body's fecked mistakes happen, easy lifts and simple hand passes are not completed.

St Thomas's based on the other night might be slight favourites
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NorthAntrim

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2023, 11:14:44 AMI noted the intensity levels that Cushendall put up in that first half was going to be hard to recreate for the full 60+ minutes

When your body's fecked mistakes happen, easy lifts and simple hand passes are not completed.

I would think St Thomas could struggle to match that performance. Good side though, that club need an all ireland

Saffrongael

Quote from: NorthAntrim on December 18, 2023, 11:27:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 18, 2023, 11:14:44 AMI noted the intensity levels that Cushendall put up in that first half was going to be hard to recreate for the full 60+ minutes

I would think St Thomas could struggle to match that performance. Good side though, that club need an all ireland

They won it in 2013
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

NAG1

Cushendall can consider themselves unlucky, bar a piece of luck with hitting the post and a few bad wides. It was close to the perfect performance.

OLGs took a while to get to the level of the game but when they did they had a few stand out performances to get them over the line.

Two hugely competitive semi finals, it remains to be a brilliant competition year on year.

SaffronSports

Antrim Hurling Quiz of 2023 for anyone interested. I'd expect a few 10/10's from this site.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5LTXQ6V

marty34

Quote from: SaffronSports on December 26, 2023, 10:37:22 PMAntrim Hurling Quiz of 2023 for anyone interested. I'd expect a few 10/10's from this site.

Good stuff SSports.

Got 9 out of 10 so delighted.

The group stage one got me.

Good range of questions.

Deerstalker

Quote from: marty34 on December 26, 2023, 11:00:36 PM
Quote from: SaffronSports on December 26, 2023, 10:37:22 PMAntrim Hurling Quiz of 2023 for anyone interested. I'd expect a few 10/10's from this site.

Good stuff SSports.

Got 9 out of 10 so delighted.

The group stage one got me.

Good range of questions.

10/10  ;)

SaffronSports

The Camogie quiz is now ready if anyone here is interested.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KXXY8Y2