Derry Girls - Channel 4

Started by longballin, January 04, 2018, 10:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Armamike on April 11, 2019, 01:06:51 PM
No Steptoe and Rising Damp on that list. Wow.

Yes Minister/Prime minister would be right at the top of that list for me. Brilliantly written

Taylor

Quote from: ziggysego on April 11, 2019, 01:24:38 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on April 11, 2019, 11:00:41 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 10, 2019, 08:04:53 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on April 10, 2019, 05:39:28 PM
No Dad's Army, Steptoe and Son or Til Death Us Do Part on the list? Very poor.

Renounce the Ziggy name would you, until you know how to respect how to use it.

Derry Girls is one of the funniest comedies currently on television. It's witty, it's crude, it's thought provoking and it evokes so many great memories from being a teen in the 90s and studying in that there city.

Then you go and say Dad's Army is what is held up at the pinicle of great comedies? It's rubbish, utter rubbish.

I might, if you promise to try and improve your spelling next term.

I'll thnik about it

Perhaps if you concentrated on the spelling rather than posing for photos with a barrage of beauties it would be better  ;)

ziggysego

I want to confirm that whilst my Internet post is littered with spelling and grammar errors, I did not follow for Brexit.
Testing Accessibility

Owen Brannigan

The Likely Lads should be in that top 20.

Truth hurts

Does anyone think there is a lot of repetitive stuff from father Ted?

J70

Its amusing reading back on this thread and the amount of hatred for this show back when it first came out.

Have to save I've enjoyed it thoroughly. My American missus loves it too (although she needs subtitles).

Kevin McAleer's cameos are hilarious.

Only seen the second episode of the new season so far on our dodgy tv box. It didn't quite hit the heights of the earlier stuff.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 28, 2022, 12:53:53 PM

Yes 2or3 times this week said to myself ive seen similar before (i suppose all stuff is repeated eventually) likewise yer wan Jamie Lee is like rent aquote at this stage of Norn-Iron-isms. Having said that still enjoyable with great music in the background

clarshack

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 28, 2022, 01:49:21 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on April 28, 2022, 12:53:53 PM

Yes 2or3 times this week said to myself ive seen similar before (i suppose all stuff is repeated eventually) likewise yer wan Jamie Lee is like rent aquote at this stage of Norn-Iron-isms. Having said that still enjoyable with great music in the background

Thought the latest episode was better than what most other people seemed to think about it.

WT4E

Episode 1 shit
Episode 2 very good
Episode 3 okay

tintin25

Episode 1 - ok
Episode 2 - good
Episode 3 - brutal bad

Overall, it's watchable but personally don't think it's anywhere near as funny as the likes of the Inbetweeners

screenexile

Thought the last episode was quite weak but these things happen... not every episode of the inbetweeners/Father Ted was quality they all have their bad ones!

Also Amy Huberman's accent was atrocious!!

Main Street

I laughed once at something in the latest episode one, I have to admit I don't get the love for DGs. But I might give ep 2 a gander seeing as the reviews  here consider it to be  drama gold.

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on April 28, 2022, 04:34:31 PM
I laughed once at something in the latest episode one, I have to admit I don't get the love for DGs. But I might give ep 2 a gander seeing as the reviews  here consider it to be  drama gold.

I wouldn't sat that I just enjoy Kevin McAleer's schtick.

general_lee

It's watchable, some people (women) hype it up to be a lot better than what it actually is

quit yo jibbajabba

Wifey was gigglin away at ep2 deffo the best so far. Will it go down as one if the top twenty comedies ever? No

Is it enjoyable all the same with plenty of laughs with a nice throwback to an era plenty of us remember, good tunes, few good local celebs like mcaleer and tiernan etc, while being levels above Give my Head Peace and Mrs Browns Boys? yes 😊