Foreign appreciation of GAA?

Started by 30mog, August 09, 2013, 11:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Well done to all involved.

I'd love to hear Micheál commentating live on these names:

L-R Back Row: Morgan Thurman, Gary Moloney, Haydn Wooster, Kevin Moore, Naoise Waldron, Bjorn Reininghaus, Tanner Sholey, Matt Larson.
Front Row: Brian Barry, Laine Lynes, Kaleb Barrett, Seán 'Terrior' Blomhardt, Michael Eibl.
MWWSI 2017

Any craic

Here's my Top Six Overseas GAA Videos from 2013 - see great stories from Texas, Kuala Lumpur, Rome, Philadelphia & Zurich.
http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/video/Overseas-GAA-2013

thejuice

A friend of mine who is from New Zealand is considering introducing Gaelic football to his primary school where he teaches in England. Is there any useful links or ways he can get support. He has no experience of the game other than he enjoyed the few games he saw and thinks it would be a great game for kids.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

theticklemister

Whht county is he in? Find out if there is a GPO that county by contacting county board. If not find out what he nearest club to him is and im sure they would end over coaches to help him if the school is near. You never onow the school might be close to a GAA club.

thejuice

He's in North Central London, that's as much as I know
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

theticklemister

Quote from: thejuice on December 29, 2013, 06:03:06 PM
He's in North Central London, that's as much as I know

32 clubs in London bound to be close to one. Get the secretary of Londons email address and tell him to tell the secretary exactly where the school is and i have no doubt the secretary of county board will put him in the right direction.

thejuice

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 12, 2013, 06:08:01 PM
Nice piece of skill in the Oulu Irish Elks v Helsinki Harps game.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/oulu-elks-gaa-1121480-Oct2013/

Just watching that on Setanta at the minute, despite that great point Helsinki went on to win 4-8 to 0-9.

MORE THAN 1300 miles away from Croke Park, the world's most northerly GAA game took place near the Arctic Circle earlier this year.
Raati Stadium in Oulu was the venue when the Oulu Elks and the Helsinki Harps met in the All-Finland Gaelic football finals.
The match is the subject of a new documentary, The Northernmost Point, which tells the story of Finland's growing GAA community, the players, the clubs and their place in history.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.