U14 Féile

Started by No wides, June 16, 2016, 09:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkevan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 19, 2017, 09:51:05 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 19, 2017, 09:24:12 AM
Our camogs won the Div2 Shield after coming back from being 10 points down against Na Fianna of Meath, well done them and only 4 missing out next year.
Turns out one of our management team done the decent thing after our round robin game with Kilcormac Killoughey after the ref had the game as a draw, but our sideline had it down as a 2 point win for Kilcormac and the Kilcormac management were surrounding the ref as they had it the same. He'd to step in and correct the referee much to Kilcormac's delight.
Kilcormac eventually topped the league thanks to a point less conceded as we were on the same points.
I think they ended up getting beat by Dicksboro in the Div2 camogie final only by a goal.
pity a few other teams didn't take that approach to their opponents
I saw both sides of management behaviour over the weekend

Go on... Tell us about those wicked bogey monsters from Gowran again... Oh please do...

Harold Disgracey

How did Ballygalget end up in the Shield? Did they not win 2 of their games? They beat us well in the shield quarter-final.

johnneycool

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 19, 2017, 10:48:59 PM
How did Ballygalget end up in the Shield? Did they not win 2 of their games? They beat us well in the shield quarter-final.

Kilcormac Killoughey won the group on less scores conceded I was told. Both teams lost a game in their group and the second team ended up in the shield.

manfromdelmonte

where is Feile going next year?

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: johnneycool on June 20, 2017, 08:36:13 AM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on June 19, 2017, 10:48:59 PM

Kilcormac Killoughey won the group on less scores conceded I was told. Both teams lost a game in their group and the second team ended up in the shield.

Less scores conceded, that's a strange one! Congratulations on winning the shield, you have some very talented camogs. Our poor goalie went over on her ankle coming out of the changing rooms prior to their opening game and was in a lot of pain all weekend, that probably contributed to the nightmare start she had against you. My daughter was playing corner back and certainly got through a lot of work all weekend. The experience will stand to her and all the girls in the long run. All in all it was a great weekend's craic  and the weather was fantastic.

clonadmad

Yep if 2 teams are level on points

It's  the game they played against each other and if that's a draw

It's whomever has the least scores conceded over the course of the 3 group games

clonadmad

manfromdelmonte

will they have enough host hurling clubs out there?
there were 88 in Kilkenny/Carlow/Wexford

clonadmad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 20, 2017, 10:19:51 PM
will they have enough host hurling clubs out there?
there were 88 in Kilkenny/Carlow/Wexford

I was wondering that as well,Galway would have max 40 hurling clubs,where will they round up the remainder in the rest of the province?