Stormont Assembly Elections 2017

Started by give her dixie, January 13, 2017, 11:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AhNowRef

Jebus, that Peter Weirdo fella was bloody terrible .. Fair play to Nolan he had him in knots .. mind you my Dog could nearly have done that ... Just showed up "yet again" how pathetic the DUP really are .. No manifesto at all .... just bigotry !!

Someone would need to tell him that saying "with respect" doesnt actually help in his bumbling  ::)

Hectic

Yeah sure Arlene has said the magic words that we all knew she would say and the rabble will mobilize to vote her party back in.

Magic words - 'keep Sinn Fein out of the top position' - nothing about how they are going to sort the country out - but then again why waste your breath when it just requires those few words.

AhNowRef

Quote from: stiffler on February 24, 2017, 08:09:20 AM
The Democratic Unionist Party has confirmed that it received £425,000 from a group of business people led by a Scottish Conservative party member and passed it on to help fund the UK pro-Brexit campaign.

The money was used to help finance an advertising campaign in Britain during the EU referendum.

The money was given to the DUP by the Constitutional Research Council, which is chaired by Richard Cook, a former vice chairman of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.

Defending the transaction, the DUP's Jeffrey Donaldson said the party did its bit to give the British people the opportunity to once again govern their own affairs.

As part of the campaign, there was an expensive four-page 'Vote To Leave EU' advertisement in the British Metro newspaper.

The paper is available in London and other cities but not in Northern Ireland.

The DUP had faced calls to reveal how the cash was raised for the campaign.

DUP leader Arlene Foster had admitted that the party received donations after registering as a Leave campaigner.

However, when pushed for details about the donors during a recent UTV pre-election debate, she would only say: "From an organisation in England that wants to see the union kept and make sure we can have a United Kingdom."

Donations to political parties in Northern Ireland are kept confidential for fear of identifying donors. But other political parties had demanded that the DUP clarify who funded its "lavish" pro-Brexit advertising campaign.

Amazed that they published this but I guess they looked at it and thought their voters wouldn't mind .. actually they might like it   :-\ ..

Saying all that, are they really in the clear? .... I'd be interested to know exactly how much they received and exactly how much they paid out  ... Just to see if they were basically prostituting themselves .. Aron Banks said they asked for £30k per month to back his leave campaign.....   Is there more of this to come out ?

take_yer_points

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 24, 2017, 01:42:05 PM
Jebus, that Peter Weirdo fella was bloody terrible .. Fair play to Nolan he had him in knots .. mind you my Dog could nearly have done that ... Just showed up "yet again" how pathetic the DUP really are .. No manifesto at all .... just bigotry !!

Someone would need to tell him that saying "with respect" doesnt actually help in his bumbling  ::)

Just listening to it - "with respect on it", don't know how many times he said that. Nolan wasn't too far wrong saying to him "you're all over the place" a few times

AhNowRef

Quote from: take_yer_points on February 24, 2017, 02:07:46 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 24, 2017, 01:42:05 PM

Just listening to it - "with respect on it", don't know how many times he said that. Nolan wasn't too far wrong saying to him "you're all over the place" a few times

Aye unreal .. they're all "all over the place" .. but alas  ::)

Whats the "with respect" sh1te all about ... its like a tick or something  :o

AhNowRef

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 24, 2017, 01:55:46 PM
The Democratic Unionist Party has confirmed that it received £425,000 from a group of business people led by a Scottish Conservative party member and passed it on to help fund the UK pro-Brexit campaign.

The money was used to help finance an advertising campaign in Britain during the EU referendum.

The money was given to the DUP by the Constitutional Research Council, which is chaired by Richard Cook, a former vice chairman of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party.

Defending the transaction, the DUP's Jeffrey Donaldson said the party did its bit to give the British people the opportunity to once again govern their own affairs.

As part of the campaign, there was an expensive four-page 'Vote To Leave EU' advertisement in the British Metro newspaper.

DUP leader Arlene Foster had admitted that the party received donations after registering as a Leave campaigner.

However, when pushed for details about the donors during a recent UTV pre-election debate, she would only say: "From an organisation in England that wants to see the union kept and make sure we can have a United Kingdom."

Donations to political parties in Northern Ireland are kept confidential for fear of identifying donors. But other political parties had demanded that the DUP clarify who funded its "lavish" pro-Brexit advertising campaign.

Amazed that they published this but I guess they looked at it and thought their voters wouldn't mind .. actually they might like it   :-\ ..

Saying all that, are they really in the clear? .... I'd be interested to know exactly how much they received and exactly how much they paid out  ... Just to see if they were basically prostituting themselves .. Aron Banks said they asked for £30k per month to back his leave campaign.....   Is there more of this to come out ?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/15114417.Business_group_behind_mystery_DUP_Brexit_donation_says_it_could_spend_more_opposing_independence/?ref=rss
possibly "donating" against the SNP next .....

I'd love to know a bit more about this "Group of Businessmen" and are the really just uber unionists or are they somehow gonna make £££ out of this?

Either way, they're obviously as thick as the DUP as Brexit certainly aint gonna help the union in the long run ..

oisinog

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 24, 2017, 02:17:26 PM

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/15114417.Business_group_behind_mystery_DUP_Brexit_donation_says_it_could_spend_more_opposing_independence/?ref=rss

I'd love to know a bit more about this "Group of Businessmen" and are the really just uber unionists or are they somehow gonna make £££ out of this?

Either way, they're obviously as thick as the DUP as Brexit certainly aint gonna help the union ..

They are still not really telling us where the funds have came from. Its a group of businessmen is this one person or 100 people its really as clear as mud

Hereiam

My bets is that it leads back to the Royal family

AhNowRef

Quote from: oisinog on February 24, 2017, 02:23:50 PM
Quote from: AhNowRef on February 24, 2017, 02:17:26 PM

Either way, they're obviously as thick as the DUP as Brexit certainly aint gonna help the union ..

They are still not really telling us where the funds have came from. Its a group of businessmen is this one person or 100 people its really as clear as mud

Yeah, I smell a rat .. they were visibly crapping themselves about this a few days ago and now this ... its all a bit too sanitary  ???

Take Your Points

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 24, 2017, 03:13:58 PM

Yeah, I smell a rat .. they were visibly crapping themselves about this a few days ago and now this ... its all a bit too sanitary  ???

You have to be in the mindset of the DUP to understand why they were concerned about the donation.  First of all it was £200K more than was being considered a scandal and secondly the average core DUP supporter is in middle to later life and usually a parsimonious, God fearing individual.  So their true fear was how their hardcore supporter would react.  Hence the spin that it was a move to retain the union when it had nothing to do with the union.

They are admitting to retain £9K of the donation for their own use.

Take Your Points

Quote from: AQMP on February 24, 2017, 06:11:00 PM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 24, 2017, 11:33:37 AM
Peter Weir a shambles on the Nolan radio show this morning.  Stumbling through most of it - hard to believe he is a former barrister

That interview wasn't a car crash, it was a mass pile up.  It was actually worse than Chris Hazzard's last time on the economy. I've never heard the DUP as bad at communicating as they have been since the RHI came to the fore.  In any normal society they'd get about 10 votes.  Incredibly and unfortunately they'll probably be the biggest party.

Peter Weir is in serious trouble.  He was moved from his current constituency of North Down into Strangford to replace Jonathan Bell but Bell will retain much of his support.  This will mean that he is competing for a seat against fellow ministers Simon Hamilton and Michelle McIlveen. One DUP minister will fall.

Strangford Candidates:
Alliance   Kellie Armstrong      
UUP   Mike Nesbitt      
UUP   Philip Smith   
Ind.   Jonathan Bell      
DUP   Simon Hamilton      
DUP   Michelle McIlveen      
Green (NI)   Ricky Bamford      
NI Conservatives   Scott Benton      
SDLP   Joe Boyle      
TUV   Stephen Cooper      
Sinn Féin   Dermot Kennedy      
Independent   Jimmy Menagh         
DUP   Peter Weir

This was a tight constituency in 2016 with a quota of just 4,663, only Nesbitt and McIlveen scraped quotas and all parties needing transfers from those eliminated.

smelmoth

Quote from: AhNowRef on February 23, 2017, 11:03:37 AM
The lovely Nelson McCausland on Nolan last night proved again what a wee bitter weasel he is .. he doesnt care about the consequences as long as "we're free from Europe" .. basically they think a hard border will be good for OWC in that it widens the gap between the North and the Republic ... The incorrectly think/hope that they can get back to Stormont 1950 ..  FFS  ::)

Also, as regards himself, poots and Big Arnie Fister saying that the Brexit donor details will all be released today ... I wouldnt hold my breath .. I would be amazed if they release the details ... it will be another case (as per RHI recipients) of them pretending to "want" to release the details but "alas we cant because the Donor wont hear of it" .....  I could be wrong but I will believe it when I see it..

Nelson is a tube. Wouldn't get elected anywhere normal.

But I wouldn't get too carried away with his comments. Ask any shinner if they want a united ireland even if the consequences were negative and you will get a similarly narrow minded gobshite answer

Hereiam

Lads just discovered that no polling cards have arrived for either me or the wife. I have always voted and am raging if they have took us off the registrar. What do i do.

seafoid

Quote from: Hereiam on February 24, 2017, 03:13:27 PM
My bets is that it leads back to the Royal family
It think it could be even worse. They may be covering it up because it came from the Pope.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rois

Quote from: Hereiam on February 25, 2017, 07:47:56 PM
Lads just discovered that no polling cards have arrived for either me or the wife. I have always voted and am raging if they have took us off the registrar. What do i do.
Phone up the electoral commission and ask - you don't need the polling card. Just make sure you are on it. Number is on the website.